Bellamy on way out at Man City

Kitman

Yep.

He has been Man City's best performer in my opinion and I'm sure he would have a point to prove at SJP.

Can't see it happening like I think he would rather pick up a couple of micky mouse tin pots in Scotland.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line, we need a forward and he'd come. I dare say with him upfront we'd have a shot at Europe never mind a relegation battle.

Yup. Bellamy and Carroll would probably be a handful for anybody.

* sigh *

They'd certainly keep local custody officers busy.

No chance imo.

i think you're right but only because of his wage demands. i doubt ashley would offer him a third of what he's on at citeh.

if we made him a serious offer, i think he'd come back. he probably had his best years with us and was a hero until the after-math of his bust up with souness when he fell out with shearer.

Bellamy is a serial disruptive influence where ever he goes

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole TBH

you're right, but we finished in the top 5 consistently when he was with us. so who cares if he gets up peoples' noses? he's a leap above any of our other players.

No chance imo.

i think you're right but only because of his wage demands. i doubt ashley would offer him a third of what he's on at citeh.

if we made him a serious offer, i think he'd come back. he probably had his best years with us and was a hero until the after-math of his bust up with souness when he fell out with shearer.

That's the problem. I bet he's on about £90k a week. Even if City paid 2/3s I doubt Ashley would agree to it. We don't seem to be even sniffing around him. What's frustrating is him and a player like Ben Afra could potentially transform us from a bottom 6 to a top half side just like that.

I still stick by what I said at the time about him being in the wrong more than Souness. Should never have faked injury. Would I have him back? Looking at this squad, 100% yes.

I said this at the time [when it happened] on another forum. That discussion forum being newcastle/kiddies-online, and i was probably a lone voice on this.

Souness substituting him a fortnight earlier was the thrown cigarette which started the fire, and Bellamy's bewilderment and subsequent tirade when heading for the showers was completely justafied. Souness arrived at the club with an already manufactured view of the player in question.That move [on Souness' part] was the opening salvo in a war of two strong personalities, with Souness flouting his ego & position of power by making a non-footballing based decision.

Footballing-wise it made no sense whatsoever. With three points very much there for the taking you don't substitute a fit and the team's best player and most productive on the day, and the team's most damaging & creative outlet on the counter-attack: especially away from home.

Bellamy is just one of those characters [regardless of which club he's at, and whom he is playing under] who busts his guts come matchday [and out on the training pitch and is prepared to say it how it is. Football ability should supercede personality quirks, it's up to managers to man-manage them, and that doesn't include physically assaulting them in the aftermath/out on the training pitch.

This is going back a bit but in one game, during Keegan's 1st stint as manager, Beresford was having a shocker. Giving up possession cheaply being the main crime committed on the day. Being close to the dug-out, KK was able to convey to him that he had to pick up his game. Beresford told him to 'fuck-off' or something like and was substituted. Beresford lost his spot after that, on performance based merit [i think it was an emerging Howey in a reshuffle of the back 4, somebody will correct on this] but their professional relationship didn't suffer: there were no bruised egos. Unlike the case of Bellamy, Beresford wasn't banished from town & sent to a competition comparable to the Russian Frontier for the remainder of the season.

BTW i'd have him back in a heartbeat.

looks like my sig, similar to most things I also said on kiddies online, has stood the test of time.

Said at the time (and the same applies to Robert) Souness wanted them out from day one. To the detriment of the side and also blowing a fabulous chance of silverware (that year's Uefa Cup).

No chance imo.

That's the problem. I bet he's on about £90k a week. Even if City paid 2/3s I doubt Ashley would agree to it. We don't seem to be even sniffing around him. What's frustrating is him and a player like Ben Afra could potentially transform us from a bottom 6 to a top half side just like that.

absolutely. it's crazy that ashley can't see that just relatively moderate investment could save him millions we would lose by going down again. spending around £5m could be the difference between a top half finish and a relgation battle. plus, investing some cash on the right kind of players will get supporters on his side and people through the turnstiles.

i can't believe this guy is a billionaire like. he's a fucking joke.

Who's left to remember his previous disruption?

Taylor, Harper and Ameobi.

The little shit would be a brilliant addition.

Even if his wages are £90k a week, a year on loan would cost what we spent on Butt's wages plus what we paid for Perch.

I still stick by what I said at the time about him being in the wrong more than Souness. Should never have faked injury. Would I have him back? Looking at this squad, 100% yes.

I said this at the time [when it happened] on another forum. That discussion forum being newcastle/kiddies-online, and i was probably a lone voice on this.

Souness substituting him a fortnight earlier was the thrown cigarette which started the fire, and Bellamy's bewilderment and subsequent tirade when heading for the showers was completely justafied. Souness arrived at the club with an already manufactured view of the player in question.That move [on Souness' part] was the opening salvo in a war of two strong personalities, with Souness flouting his ego & position of power by making a non-footballing based decision.

Footballing-wise it made no sense whatsoever. With three points very much there for the taking you don't substitute a fit and the team's best player and most productive on the day, and the team's most damaging & creative outlet on the counter-attack: especially away from home.

Bellamy is just one of those characters [regardless of which club he's at, and whom he is playing under] who busts his guts come matchday [and out on the training pitch and is prepared to say it how it is. Football ability should supercede personality quirks, it's up to managers to man-manage them, and that doesn't include physically assaulting them in the aftermath/out on the training pitch.

This is going back a bit but in one game, during Keegan's 1st stint as manager, Beresford was having a shocker. Giving up possession cheaply being the main crime committed on the day. Being close to the dug-out, KK was able to convey to him that he had to pick up his game. Beresford told him to 'fuck-off' or something like and was substituted. Beresford lost his spot after that, on performance based merit [i think it was an emerging Howey in a reshuffle of the back 4, somebody will correct on this] but their professional relationship didn't suffer: there were no bruised egos. Unlike the case of Bellamy, Beresford wasn't banished from town & sent to a competition comparable to the Russian Frontier for the remainder of the season.

BTW i'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Was Robbie Elliott btw.

Said at the time (and the same applies to Robert) Souness wanted them out from day one. To the detriment of the side and also blowing a fabulous chance of silverware (that year's Uefa Cup).

Indeed. Although Bellamy was a prick for not keeping his head down and getting on with it. Made his first big mistake when he went public after the Norwich game against the club chasing Wayne Rooney. As mad as the pursuit may have been, he was even more crazy for giving that soundbite - and it was pre-Souness too.

Robert would have tested the patience of a saint. Had it been earlier on in his managerial career, I think Bobby would have dealt with him very differently.

Harsh on Dalglish in my mind. He was the first manager of the PLC era and everyone compared his tenure with that of Keegan who managed whilst the club was in private ownership.

There was a reason KK left in 1997. He knew the rules were changing (and the credit limit was being reduced).

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Harsh on Dalglish in my mind. He was the first manager of the PLC era and everyone compared his tenure with that of Keegan who managed whilst the club was in private ownership.

There was a reason KK left in 1997. He knew the rules were changing (and the credit limit was being reduced).

Harsh on Dalglish???? Open question to you, if Dalglish was manager of Liverpool, when they had come 2nd twice in a row, would he have signed Des Hamilton or Garry Brady?

Harsh on Dalglish???? Open question to you, if Dalglish was manager of Liverpool, when they had come 2nd twice in a row, would he have signed Des Hamilton or Garry Brady?

Keegan signed the likes of Mike Jeffery and Jason Drysdale. They all sign shite players mate.

Dalglish was forced to sell Ferdinand and Asprilla by the board. Utter madness on their part.

and john barnes, ian rush, andreas andersson....

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Keegan signed the likes of Mike Jeffery and Jason Drysdale. They all sign shite players mate.

Dalglish was forced to sell Ferdinand and Asprilla by the board. Utter madness on their part.

Keegan signed Jeffrey as a 100k punt, same as Guppy and Drysdale for 250k, while we still establishing ourselves as a Premiership club, not competing as a Champions League club. I think it was entirely his choice to sell Tino, as for Ferdinand when Shearer got injured they tried to bring him back on the face of it trying to sell Ferdinand a 31 year old for £6m was good business, he wasn't forced to sell Tino, his replacement the shit Andersson was only £2m less than we got for Tino anyway so that dispells that myth.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

and john barnes, ian rush, andreas andersson....

aye. Guivarc'h the list is endless. Worst thing to happen to our club KD appointment.