Bellamy on way out at Man City

Kitman

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering part of Bellamys tantrum was that he didnt want to play on the wing, he's spent an awful lot of time playing there since he left us.

this is true.

Is it a reflection on the managers out there that only Bobby Robson recogised his best position ?

He played against us for Coventry and I always thought Gordon Strachan was a nuggetbrain for playing him out of position too......................

When we bought him I was totally delighted, because I always thought he was a top player playing up front through the middle

I have to congratulate you for your excellent judgement and perception. As I recall, most people on the web said Sir Bobby was off his rocker paying six and a half million quid for a player who was shit for Coventry City. In fact iirc the Coventry fans were laughing their socks off that they'd mugged the gullible Geordies, and not many had seen him play for CCFC or Norwich so couldn't contradict them. Good on you LM for not being one of the common herd.

sarcastic twat :angry:

I'm not lying BTW and did post my view at the time .......

:angry::icon_lol:

this is what I don't understand about Bellamy. I had seen him play through the middle for Coventry and Norwich so why had they not ? I also remember him playing for Coventry against us, wide left, and wondered why Strachan was playing him in that role. The memory that sticks is that he was given the bird by NUFC fans for being a gobshite and demanding all through the game, but I liked that too.

I guess because he was fast as fuck, they immediately thought "here's a winger". It's happened throughout his career and I bet it drives him crazy.

anyway, shackbleep. What is your ex username ?

Is he a new or a recycled member?

I suspect he's recycled.

Really? :angry:

yeah, you're shutton dressed as meep

Yes I agree. You seem a bit too confident to be a new member.

What's your excuse? :angry:

Anyway I'm not new dipshit - I've been here for 12 months now. Just been observing rather than posting for a long time.

I don't need an excuse, I'm fucking awesome :angry:!

I know you're a recycled member. I just don't really care.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Considering part of Bellamys tantrum was that he didnt want to play on the wing, he's spent an awful lot of time playing there since he left us.

this is true.

Is it a reflection on the managers out there that only Bobby Robson recogised his best position ?

He played against us for Coventry and I always thought Gordon Strachan was a nuggetbrain for playing him out of position too......................

When we bought him I was totally delighted, because I always thought he was a top player playing up front through the middle

I have to congratulate you for your excellent judgement and perception. As I recall, most people on the web said Sir Bobby was off his rocker paying six and a half million quid for a player who was shit for Coventry City. In fact iirc the Coventry fans were laughing their socks off that they'd mugged the gullible Geordies, and not many had seen him play for CCFC or Norwich so couldn't contradict them. Good on you LM for not being one of the common herd.

sarcastic twat :angry:

I'm not lying BTW and did post my view at the time .......

:angry::icon_lol:

this is what I don't understand about Bellamy. I had seen him play through the middle for Coventry and Norwich so why had they not ? I also remember him playing for Coventry against us, wide left, and wondered why Strachan was playing him in that role. The memory that sticks is that he was given the bird by NUFC fans for being a gobshite and demanding all through the game, but I liked that too.

I remember a game we played against them about 2001 Coventry, and Bellamy made about 6 or 7 good chances for himself but missed everyone. We won 3-1 Dyer scored one of his best goals for the toon, but I remember Strachan saying after the game he'd been here 10 or 15 times as a player and manager, and his teams had never once created half the chances they did, but they just couldn't take them. Bellamy's finishing wasn't as good then but his pace frightened the life out of us.

Cardiff City have confirmed the debt-ridden Championship club "would love" to sign Wales captain Craig Bellamy.

The 31-year-old striker has been linked with a six-month loan deal to his home-town club as Bellamy is out of favour at Premier League Manchester City.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ity/8915964.stm

Cardiff bloody City?

Can we not offer a better package than them?

Edited by Happy Face

Cardiff City have confirmed the debt-ridden Championship club "would love" to sign Wales captain Craig Bellamy.

The 31-year-old striker has been linked with a six-month loan deal to his home-town club as Bellamy is out of favour at Premier League Manchester City.

Cardiff bloody City?

His family live in Cardiff.

So, no.

Cardiff bloody City?

isn't Peter Ridsdale the chairman/owner/whatever.

Who's going to harp on about Leeds :angry:

Cardiff bloody City?

His family live in Cardiff.

So, no.

That's assuming he wants to be near his family (and that they want him to be near to them).

The Journos are convinced this 6 month deal with Cardiff is as good as signed.

thats mind boggling

reckon hes there ticket to the PL frankly, they arent a bad side to start with, add bellamy who is streets ahead of anyone in the CCC and youve got a promotion team

It'd be criminal if he goes to Cardiff, and we haven't even tried to get him. On the other hand he may already have told the club to get stuffed, which would be fair enough considering his acrimonious departure first time around.

It'd be criminal if he goes to Cardiff, and we haven't even tried to get him. On the other hand he may already have told the club to get stuffed, which would be fair enough considering his acrimonious departure first time around.

Who's still here from then though? Steven Taylor, Harper and Ameobi? The management and boardroom is completely different and there's no Shearer in any capacity either.

Who's still here from then though? Steven Taylor, Harper and Ameobi? The management and boardroom is completely different and there's no Shearer in any capacity either.

I just think we haven't and won't try to get him sadly, because unless he's absolutely desperate to go home to Cardiff we'd be in with a good shout of gettign him, because he loved it up here and his problem was with Souness who's long gone, and possibly Shearer who isn't around either.

was thinking the same but it doesnt change anything in football does it

liverpool still like to say that theyve won but aside from 2005 (where theyve still hardly anyone left) how many were involved in the other wins and are still at the club?

was thinking the same but it doesnt change anything in football does it

liverpool still like to say that theyve won but aside from 2005 (where theyve still hardly anyone left) how many were involved in the other wins and are still at the club?

:angry: