Manchester U v Newcastle United.

Park Life

Barclays Premier League

Venue: Old Trafford Date: Monday, 16 August Kick-off: 2000 BST

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United remain without long-term injury victims Owen Hargreaves and Anderson, with both midfielders absent with knee injuries.

Centre-back Rio Ferdinand is also out with a knee problem.

Newcastle striker Andy Carroll has been declared fit to lead the line, while former Red Devil Alan Smith is expected to shake off an ankle injury.

But Leon Best, Danny Simpson (both ankle), Steven Taylor (shoulder) and Dan Gosling (knee) will all miss out.

Manchester United

Injured: Anderson, Ferdinand, Hargreaves (all knee)

Newcastle

Doubtful: Smith (ankle)

Injured: Best & Simpson (both ankle), Gosling (knee), S Taylor (shoulder)

Popped Rooney in the Fantasy side as captain is all you need to know about what I think will be happenning. :angry:

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beeb

"Newcastle mark their return to the top-flight with a daunting trip to Old Trafford, where they will be hoping for a first win over Manchester United since September 2001.

You're always wary of a team that's just been promoted because their motivation is obvious. Newcastle - what were they last season? I think they were a team of great work ethic and the manager takes terrific credit

Sir Alex Ferguson

That season began with Sir Alex Ferguson announcing his intention to retire from football management at the end of the campaign, and ended with Newcastle in fourth spot, one place behind the Manchester club.

Fast-forward nine years and while Newcastle have been in steady decline, Ferguson is still at Old Trafford, his appetite for trophies unabated. Last season's final-day title disappointment will have only strengthened the Red Devils' hunger for silverware, and with no significant player exits and the addition of exciting striker Javier Hernandez in attack, United look well-placed to mount another serious title bid.

Newcastle's reaction to Premier League relegation in May 2009 could not have been better. Chris Hughton's side won the Championship with ease, and with the likes of Jose Enrique, Jonas Gutierrez and the experienced Kevin Nolan, they look well-equipped to avoid an immediate return to the second tier.

Newcastle's last Premier League campaign also started against Manchester United, a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford. While the Magpies would take a repeat result on Monday, they will be praying the rest of the season plays out differently. "

Not expecting much from this one, but will be drinking from 11am onwards anyway!

Samjacks for this one I think :)

:angry:

Emergency Glaziers number on speed dial?

I'll be in Dippersville for this :icon_lol:

Haha! Took me a couple of seconds to work out what you meant there, good memory :angry:

Got convicted for that by the way, can you believe it!

Not expecting much from this one, but will be drinking from 11am onwards anyway!

Samjacks for this one I think :woosh:

I'll be in Dippersville for this :)

Haha! Took me a couple of seconds to work out what you meant there, good memory :angry:

Gangsta!!

:icon_lol:

Samjacks for this one I think :)

I'll be in Dippersville for this :icon_lol:

I was wondering where'd you went.