Manchester U v Newcastle United.

Park Life

Poss starting 11s from Skysports

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Fabio, Scholes, Carrick, Park, Valencia, Rooney, Owen.

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, Taylor, Coloccini, Gutierrez, Nolan, Barton, Guthrie, Routledge, Carroll, Smith.

They have us going for the tried and tested 3-6-1 with, presumably, an injured defender.

Unless Jonas is going to be playing at the back. Would like to see 6 in the middle though.

Fucking hell you bozzos, it's Ryan, not Saylor!

Makes even less sense tbh. That would be a 3 at the back including 2 full-backs, if you can call Ryan Taylor a full-back.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And no Enrique.

Bugger, tonights game aside; I have him in my fantasy team.......

He's fit isn't he? I think HM just means he isn't in Sky's weird expected line-up.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Fabio, Scholes, Carrick, Park, Valencia, Rooney, Owen.

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, Taylor, Coloccini, Gutierrez, Nolan, Barton, Guthrie, Routledge, Carroll, Smith.

They have us going for the tried and tested 3-6-1 with, presumably, an injured defender.

Unless Jonas is going to be playing at the back. Would like to see 6 in the middle though.

Makes even less sense tbh. That would be a 3 at the back including 2 full-backs, if you can call Ryan Taylor a full-back.

True but it was more a reaction to the "an injured defender" presumption.

Like paws I'll be pissed if Jose is out, as he's in my FF team as well.

True but it was more a reaction to the "an injured defender" presumption.

Like paws I'll be pissed if Jose is out, as he's in my FF team as well.

tbh, gonna be so pissed if that's the starting 11. Where's enrique, routledge, williamson? They can't be all injured. Ffs, don't have a prob with 451 formation if there's some degree of pace and creativity. Smith in? On ya bike son. With only jonas with pace, this is going to be embarrassing

Yeah the SkySports site has this:

Possible starting XIs:

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, Ryan Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Gutierrez, Nolan, Barton, Guthrie, Smith, Carroll.

Still retarded as that probably puts Perch in the centre of defense with Ryan Taylor right fullback. I can see Routledge being left out though, with either Guthrie or Barton on the right to facilitate Smith 'shielding' the defense.....and by shielding I mean running around chasing shadows a second behind the ball, attempting slide tackles all over the place. Hopefully though we'll see Routledge on the right with Smith at best on the bench and Guthrie and Barton through the middle.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Nailed on that Owen will score. Anyone see his crack about him being at the top level for another 5 years. Even yids fans arent that deluded. Something tells me we'll draw 1-1 though. Hope he gets shit off the toon fans.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

A very comfortable stroll to 3-0 for them I reckon.

Fucking depressing that if we're beaten 2-0 I won't be too disconsolate, oddly.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I don't really like tipping us to lose

Me neither that's why I've said 1-1. The fact is we are shit, and they one of the best 5 sides in club football, so logically we should get a pummelling but the start of the season lethargy could save us. Our stock has fallen so much in 7 years, I used to go to Old Trafford thinking we at least had a chance :lol: Support wise we're still big 4, every other way we're bottom 6 :)

Rooney to injure himself in the first ten minutes, then Jonas to put one away in the 89th minute. 1-0 win to us.

And in the real world, I will be surprised if we manage to keep two or less out.

Do we have an idea about the team (11) for tonight ? :)

90% going to be

Harper, Perch, Coloccini, Williamson, Enrique, Jonas, Guthrie, Barton, Routledge, Nolan, Carroll

Only change that I could see being possible is bringing in Smith and moving Barton or Guthrie to the right replacing Routledge. That's a horrible change to make IMO for the record, but it's something I could see Hughton doing.

Barton sent off for a reckless challenge, proving he's the best in Ingerlund, around the 40 minute mark.

Not looking forward to this one bit.

Take comfort in the fact that the tache is a token of his new found maturity. :lol:

Hope he snaps his fucking leg tbh.

not many players id approve of that kind of talk about really

but he certainly is one

Why, exactly?

I'm not his biggest fan either but that sort of talk is ridiculous iyam. 

The vitriol he receives isn't fair, in my opinion. He's a scapegoat.

Edited by Tecato