Manchester U v Newcastle United.

Park Life

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I was expecting it I've got to say it's bloody depressing to go from supporting a team who wins most weeks to supporting a team who will probably lose most weeks... ho hum.

I see Kevin Nolan is auditioning for the cast of the Invisible Man. He's been utterly abysmal - exactly like he was when we got relegated. He really does offer next to nothing at this level.

Our match thread on RTG has more replies that this one :lol:

If there was a Sunderland match thread on here it would be lucky to get 10 replies.

Edited by Sima

Guti giving the ball away in a silly area for the first and everyone ball watching for the second. Nani is just strolling in from the left when and how he likes. Carroll should have scored.

As expected so far, let's try and keep it to two.

Perch/Jonas have been bloody awful and Coloccini has reverted to type.

Positives include Routledge looking good and...er, Enrique's been good?

Another 2 for them and we'll call it a night, I think.

Don't agree with Routledge - too scared to try anything.

Enrique has shown what I suspected - he looked good because of the level - he still cannot pass a ball 10 yards to a teammate on any kind of consistent basis.

Fucking hel some of you lot need to pull your heads out

Weve not been that bad against a team fancied for the title by most and the cl by plenty

Our match thread on RTG has more replies that this one :lol:

If there was a Sunderland match thread on here it would be lucky to get 10 replies.

Lol, we all know they're pleased to have us back. They're secret Toon fans really, they're just not very secret about it.

Pointless playing 1 up top and putting the ball in at head height to him. Either play it to chest or feet for him to hold up or get someone behind him for the flick on. Its pub football stuff and we cant seem to figure it out!

Enrique has shown what I suspected - he looked good because of the level - he still cannot pass a ball 10 yards to a teammate on any kind of consistent basis.

Routledge has taken on his man and beaten him on a least 2 occasions. Looks more up for it than most.

It's one half of a game against Man Utd. 

Jesus wept.

jonas has looked nowhere near the player he was last season.

barton's touch and passing has been worse than smith's, which is saying something.

routeledge has looked a threat whenever he's had the ball. shame we can't get him on the ball more often and closer to carroll.

carroll has looked ok but is way too isolated.

i know it's man u away and his first game in the premier league but pirch has looked like he could be a poor signing.

Unsurprisingly the players who fooled a lot of people into thinking they were sort of good aren't.

Face facts - we have no good players.

Ah, kneejerking already. As predictable as this scoreline.

Not being funny but I fail to see how someone stating the obvious (which we all knew) is kneejerk tbh.

I see Kevin Nolan is auditioning for the cast of the Invisible Man. He's been utterly abysmal - exactly like he was when we got relegated. He really does offer next to nothing at this level.

Thought he'd gone off after the head inj. :lol:

Barton on the other hand has hit a couple of good passes and looks comfortable on the ball and taking up some nice positions.

Best player so far has been Routledge for us.

I think I'd rather see Raylor on for Perch. Attrocious. He'd be a lot more comfortable in league 1.

Nolan is just being used to run about a lot, I think I'd rather see Lovenk on for him.

Fucking hel some of you lot need to pull your heads out

Weve not been that bad against a team fancied for the title by most and the cl by plenty

I agree. We have been ok in parts just need to tighten up a bit. Need to make some these chances count though, Carroll wont get many 6 yard headers like that this season.

It's quite hard to pick out a team mate when there's absolutely no movement whatsoever in front of you.

Pointless playing 1 up top and putting the ball in at head height to him. Either play it to chest or feet for him to hold up or get someone behind him for the flick on. Its pub football stuff and we cant seem to figure it out!

More reason for us to bring in another striker. It's the most glaring need we have. Depressing that there's not even been much in the way of speculation linking us to one.

Forget Ben Arfa or some random foreign defender, we can't go through this season relying on Andy Carroll. He's hardly a proven Premier League striker, he'll get a few but all our best strikers have had some excellent partners. Lovenkrands, Barton, Nolan or whoever behind Carroll does not equal a decent enough strikeforce.

What match have you been watching?