Manchester U v Newcastle United.

Park Life

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I think we do have enough in us to stay up, though. If you look at Wigan, West Brom and Blackpool, those three teams look alot weaker than Newcastle.

Not sure that Wigan do. They two or three players who'd be our best. WBA have invested in exotic foreigners who will take time to settle, and Blackpool have that exciting novelty factor much like Hull. We have fuck all.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

I guess we'll just have to take it as it comes.

Villa next, it's winnable I guess.

Aye mate. I think that at least we aren't expecting much, unlike a brand new season with KK at the helm.

Early days man. We're shit but the point is we need to want it more than the other relegation outfits. If we do we'll stop up-and Hughton will take the credit for that imho.

That's the way this club has got to try to rebuild (along with a new owner, obviously).

Wouldn't be so sure. Ironically losing this one badly might spur action in the markets.

Problem is we will scuff a draw and the cunt will look at it as a good result = no capital outlay.

Wouldn't be so sure. Ironically losing this one badly might spur action in the markets.

Parky, frosty though you are,you are drifting toward textbook

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

the only action to be spurred will be drinking in the Bigg Market

Guest Tuco Ramirez
The thought of our defence up against young and agbonlahor is not good :)

Why? One can't cross, and the other is absolutely fuckin shite, when he takes a shot no one including himself knows where its going.

Houghton's comments place an over-reliance on team spirit, maintaining an upbeat morale in the lockerroom carrying us through the campaign. It's flying by your pants stuff if it's to be a major determining factor in getting this playing group up every week, to survive a low-table & season long slog. It was of little value in the 80's when the board hid behind the guise of a good for business 'youth policy'.

How will team morale fare, in the event of Houghton not being afforded the necessary backing [a much needed injection of quality] before the window closes? It's bound to take a hit if a negative mindset attitude settles in among the playing group, a permiating feeling of having been sold down the river by an unambitious board.

It will take all of Houghton's somewhat-hyped man-management attributes to lift this lot for an entire campaign, in the event of the above. Especially pertinant considering that much of the 1st teamer's respective futures are not symbiotically linked to that of the club's fate, whether that be relegation or simply treading water in the lower tiers of the top flight ie. Collocini, Jonas, Enrique to name the key figures. And this includes the youngsters recruited from abroad, lads like Vuckic.

Injecting genuine quality into the squad creates a buzz in the lockerroom. Value wise, looking at it with a wider scope, it has it's intangibles. To be fair Houghton isn't Ardiles, a bloke who pretty much gave up in the end. But Houghton's motivational talks/man-management tactics will eventually wear thin, as was the joint case imo re-Kinnear [admittedly a shit manager, admittedly whose blue-collar/survival brand of football were at odds with our ball-playing outfielders at the time] and Shearer [damage was done by the time he took over] after the team sank like a stone towards relegation post the January window when Ashley opted for a short-term fix on the balance sheets.

Ray? :)

Hughton................ just to make you feel better ;)