Manchester U v Newcastle United.

Park Life

I'd love a draw tonight. Go behind 1-0 and then sneek one back near fulltime, Smith to score!!!!

more chance of harper scoring than smith

He hasn't scored since his first game against Sampdoria so he is due one! I fancy him against his old team, come on Smudger!!! COME ON NEWCASTLE!

:angry:

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love a draw tonight. Go behind 1-0 and then sneek one back near fulltime, Smith to score!!!!

more chance of harper scoring than smith

more chance of Hughton scoring than Smith

I'd like to think he won't even start.

How come?

Because I think Smith's absolutely finished. If he does start I hope he scores though :angry:

How come?

Because I think Smith's absolutely finished. If he does start I hope he scores though :angry:

I still reckon he can offer us something in the middle. Did well last season all be it in the Championship. Players who play aginast previous clubs always seem to have something extra about them so i think we could see a good performance from him.

How come?

I still reckon he can offer us something in the middle. Did well last season all be it in the Championship. Players who play aginast previous clubs always seem to have something extra about them so i think we could see a good performance from him.

I don't think he did after the first 5 or 6 games in all honesty. It was actually a bonus when he got injured and it allowed Guthrie to play there. Nolan's play improved just be having someone who could put there foot on the ball in there too. The problem with Smith is his game is (was) all about legs and he doesn't seem to have the engine any more. Not his fault because he looks after himself. It's just the injuries have built up (especially the bad break playing for Man Utd against Liverpool).

How come?

I think if we play Smith and Nolan they'll run rings round us. There's no place in the PL for two trundlers in midfield and I also think there's every chance he'll pick up a booking through mis-timed tackles. Hope you're right if he does play.

How come?

I don't think he did after the first 5 or 6 games in all honesty. It was actually a bonus when he got injured and it allowed Guthrie to play there. Nolan's play improved just be having someone who could put there foot on the ball in there too. The problem with Smith is his game is (was) all about legs and he doesn't seem to have the engine any more. Not his fault because he looks after himself. It's just the injuries have built up (especially the bad break playing for Man Utd against Liverpool).

That leg broke was a nasty one when it happened and he never seemed the same player after that. I think when he played last season he worked well for the team on the park, Fair enough Nolan did too and added 10+ goals also so people will look at him more. As for Guthrie i actually forgot about him tbh lol now with Barton fit aswell we have alot of competition for those two central midfield places which is a good thing in my mind. Nolan being the captain is basically a cert to start so there is one other place for either Smith, Barton or Guthrie..unless i have forgotten anyone else. I just reckon it being Man United Smith will get the nod.

you'd get decent odds on that tbf. more chance of hell freezing over

you'd get decent odds on that tbf. more chance of hell freezing over

I stick a couple quid on it after work then lol. We have had a couple draws against them in recent years and i fancy that.

Good chance we'll play 5 in the middle anyway I reckon.

Without doubt. If he plays Barton and Guthrie in the middle, with Routledge and Jonas out wide and Nolan supporting Carroll, i wont be complaining. He may opt for Smith to sit in front of the back 4, which will be a mistake imo but we'll see.

Poss starting 11s from Skysports

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Fabio, Scholes, Carrick, Park, Valencia, Rooney, Owen.

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, Taylor, Coloccini, Gutierrez, Nolan, Barton, Guthrie, Routledge, Carroll, Smith.

They have us going for the tried and tested 3-6-1 with, presumably, an injured defender.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Fabio, Scholes, Carrick, Park, Valencia, Rooney, Owen.

Newcastle: Harper, Perch, Taylor, Coloccini, Gutierrez, Nolan, Barton, Guthrie, Routledge, Carroll, Smith.

They have us going for the tried and tested 3-6-1 with, presumably, an injured defender.

Unless Jonas is going to be playing at the back. Would like to see 6 in the middle though.

Jose up against Valencia will be interesting to see how much he has come on since we were last in the Premier League. Looked magnificent and settled last season, let's hope he can do as well this time round. Big opening test for him.

The old familiar feeling of dread before a Premier League tie is back. I've missed it :angry:

Unless Jonas is going to be playing at the back. Would like to see 6 in the middle though.

Fucking hell you bozzos, it's Ryan, not Saylor!