Luque

Jusoda Kid

Basically he showed he has the ability of a quality player yesterday, but I think his severe lack of math-fitness let him down.

62021[/snapback]

Yep there was clearly a division between him and his team mates that was multiplying the problems. Add to it the fact that he didn't look match fit...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe a player who has never played in England before, has barely had any games to show what he can do, and has just come back from an 8-week injury is getting so much stick! :lol:

For fuck sake get a grip, he's hardly a panic guy if he's proven his class in La Liga. If he can adjust to the premiership then he'll be a good signing. And yes, I have seen him play for Deportivo. :lol:

I can't believe a player who has never played in England before, has barely had any games to show what he can do, and has just come back from an 8-week injury is getting so much stick!  :lol:

For fuck sake get a grip, he's hardly a panic guy if he's proven his class in La Liga. If he can adjust to the premiership then he'll be a good signing. And yes, I have seen him play for Deportivo. :lol:

62051[/snapback]

Maybe it's got something to do with having our fingers burnt with expensive foreigners before

:icon_lol:

I can't believe a player who has never played in England before, has barely had any games to show what he can do, and has just come back from an 8-week injury is getting so much stick!  :lol:

62051[/snapback]

Maybe it's got something to do with having our fingers burnt with expensive foreigners before

;)

62052[/snapback]

But they generally proved they were shite having been given time to play a few games. :icon_lol:

As i said it's early days but i can't help the bad feeling i have about him. If he was one of spains best players then surely he would have wnet to Madrid or Barca, it's not like they couldn't afford him :lol:

62027[/snapback]

You mean like Xabi Alonso?

he's a foreigner. what do you expect? he's bound to be a mercenary/parasite that will only play when he fancies it. he won't track back, doesn't have any heart and is obviously just here to pick up his wages.

i mean, he's had at least 180 minutes of football. i'd have thought it would be obvious to anyone that he's a waste of money. blatantly the next marcelino.

Maybe a little early to judge but he looks like a very expensive panic buy to me.

Nice one you sweaty sock, if I'm proved right thats 18.5 million you've wasted

61833[/snapback]

agreed

blatantly the next marcelino.

62077[/snapback]

Thats what I'm afraid of. As i said it's early days and times on his side.

62085[/snapback]

you're right to be afraid. he is spanish afterall. he's obviously nothing but a money-grabbing parasite.

blatantly the next marcelino.

62077[/snapback]

Thats what I'm afraid of. As i said it's early days and times on his side.

62085[/snapback]

you're right to be afraid. he is spanish afterall. he's obviously nothing but a money-grabbing parasite.

62088[/snapback]

His nationality has nothing to do with it, what I'm afraid of is that Souness has wasted 10 million to go with the other 8.5.

Maybe a little early to judge but he looks like a very expensive panic buy to me.

61833[/snapback]

agreed

62078[/snapback]

To be fair to Wacky, LM had reached this conclusion after his very first appearance for us, IIRC. :lol:

61833[/snapback]

agreed

62078[/snapback]

To be fair to Wacky, LM had reached this conclusion after his very first appearance for us, IIRC. :lol:

62094[/snapback]

I'd heard it was while he was warming up during his first training session, caused the end of a 30 stretch head tennis knockabout with a stray one to Bowyer and thus his fate was sealed.

61833[/snapback]

agreed

62078[/snapback]

62094[/snapback]

I'd heard it was while he was warming up during his first training session, caused the end of a 30 stretch head tennis knockabout with a stray one to Bowyer and thus his fate was sealed.

62121[/snapback]

Before that even when the lads had a game of hit the crossbar and his effort was too low.

61833[/snapback]

agreed

62078[/snapback]

62094[/snapback]

well spotted

I actually agree, I think he was a panic buy and that's why we spent more on him that should have been neccessary.

That said I have faith that he will prove to be a good player and to judge him as shite after only playing one full match and a couple of halves and having only had about a weeks full training with his team mates, is nothing short of insane.

maybe he was as you'd wonder if we'd have bought him if we'd already signed Owen. I think maybe there is a good chance we would have as Shearer was not originally spupposed to play the whole season was he?

However I think it's harsh to judge Luque as a bad buy on what we have seem so far.

Hopefully the boo-boys will keep off both his and Shola's backs at the matches. They'll not stand a chance of amounting to anything if they're constantly bereated at matches.

One thing's for certain in my mind, if the crowd do get on Luque's back now, then his confidence will be hit and as a result, we may not see him at his full potential.

FFS, get behind the players - particularly those who have yet to be given a fair crack...

I actually agree, I think he was a panic buy and that's why we spent more on him that should have been neccessary.

That said I have faith that he will prove to be a good player and to judge him as shite after only playing one full match and a couple of halves and having only had about a weeks full training with his team mates, is nothing short of insane.

62421[/snapback]

why ?

It depends what you see. If anything, they would be more motivated than 6 months down the line too.

62421[/snapback]

why ?

It depends what you see. If anything, they would be more motivated than 6 months down the line too.

62573[/snapback]

I'm not sure I understand what your asking but if it's

a) Why do I have faith that he will be a good player? It's because I have seen glimpses of talent in his short appearences and I have seen him play well for Deportivo.

;) Why is it insane to judge him as shite already? He is clearly not match fit, he's not had a chance to get to know how his team mates or the the team in general plays. Also he has come into a team playing poorly so it is unfair to expect him to be the one that (in one half of football) changes things around.

I think you are saying that he would be more motivated to play well on his first appearences and while I don't deny that might be true it doesn't outweigh the above points.

Edited by David Kelly