A Level Results..

Kevin

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about tiem they switched University Entry to January so you apply with your ACTUAL results

and do what exactly for a year in between?

Travel the worrrrrld dear boy! See something of the place! Rob didn't become the man he is today by sitting in a bedsit eating pot noodles. He was with a shaman in Peru, sipping ayahuasca and facing off his demons at the age of 18, and he's never looked back since.

Mine are thursday too :icon_lol:. Brunel University is my first option, Leicester DMU my second, if anyone went to/lives near/has anything on either that'll be helpful. If all things go to plan i'll join any Landan mags here, but I think I had a stinker so hello third year at sixth form :lol:

about tiem they switched University Entry to January so you apply with your ACTUAL results

and do what exactly for a year in between?

Travel the worrrrrld dear boy! See something of the place! Rob didn't become the man he is today by sitting in a bedsit eating pot noodles. He was with a shaman in Peru, sipping ayahuasca and facing off his demons at the age of 18, and he's never looked back since.

:lol:

Stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment :lol: Magee still haven't decided whether to accept me or not, so i duno :lol:

Edited by Kevin

Stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment :lol: Magee still haven't decided whether to accept me or not, so i duno :lol:

Good luck sunshine. Will you try and get in through clearing if they don't accept you? Or will you give it a year and try again?

Throught to clearing. Already looked at it, i can go and do civil engineering in Jordanstown which would be good. But i can't do anything at the moment until magee decide, which they said could take a few days. But fingers crossed

I'd take a Gap year, find yourself, become a better person, yah?

Wouldn't mind that but i'd have fuck all to do. Plus with fee's going up, i'd prefer now than ever.

Nah, apprenticeships aren't for me, never wanted to do one and don't want to start. Few options open but none are deffinites, hopefully magee accept me then i'll be happy.

keep onto magee man, few days is too long if you're looking at clearing tbh, slots go fast

Been on the phone to them for the last 4 hours, last phone call was a woman telling me to go to speak to a lecturer tomorrow at the open day. taking a break now, fucked off looking at all uni shit

I'd take a Gap year, find yourself, become a better person, yah?

Wouldn't mind that but i'd have fuck all to do. Plus with fee's going up, i'd prefer now than ever.

Nah, apprenticeships aren't for me, never wanted to do one and don't want to start. Few options open but none are deffinites, hopefully magee accept me then i'll be happy.

Go to South America, ride a llama, hike to Machu Picchu, finger a Bolivian

We are delighted to confirm that you have been accepted onto your chosen course at Brunel University. This email acts as confirmation of your unconditional place on the course at Brunel; you do not need to contact the University to confirm your place.

:lol:

Just call me UxbridgeToonFan :lol:

Edited by CleeToonFan

Congrats Clee, what course have you gone for?

History :icon_lol: , and no I don't want to be a history teacher :lol:. Thanks I didn't actually think i'd get in!

Well done mate, this proves you're better than Kevin :lol:

Uni was brilliant for me, hope it goes as well for you

Well done Clee, glad you got in.

Kevin, why are you contemplating civil engineering? Do you know much about it?

My advice would be not to go into an area you're not sure about just because you want to go to uni next year. Don't waste thousands of pounds and 3/4 years of your life on a course you're not interested in.

I was one grade short when I did my A-levels and instead of going through clearing to a course/uni I didn't really want to be at, I took a year out, re-sat one of the A-levels and got the grades I needed in order to do the course that I really wanted to do.

Dear Mr Gallagher

Congratulations; University of Ulster has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Computing (Internet Systems) with DIS, G420; starting in September 2011 at point of entry 1.

The conditions of the offer are:

This offer is subject to you obtaining

A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points

including

GCE A level

Grades BB

The only reason to go to Uni is for the life experience, and you simply wont get that if you stay at home.

I'd seriously consider not doing an IT degree they'll teach you nothing of worth. You'd be better off sitting the Microsoft, Cisco and Citrix exams and build a few VM's -download Microsoft Official Course (MOC) and exams from visualcertexam.com you'll soon get the hang of it. If you get the certs and do all the Microsoft courses you'll should be a shoe in for a small company IT dept.

Go down the Uni route and you'll end up in a call center.

** edit **

just seen the course is geared towards websites;

This course is aimed at students who are seeking a career within the computing industry, with special emphasis on the design and maintenance of web sites.

http://prospectus.ulster.ac.uk/course/?id=8095

All you need is here;

http://www.webmonkey.com/tutorials/

Saw its a sandwich course, so not as bad as some courses. I'd still look to get the certs to stand out.

Edited by Phil