A Level Results..

Kevin

Okay so i think i've made my decision.. i realised i'd like to move away. Jordanstown to do civil engineering. You need 220 UCAS points (which i have) and a subject in maths tech engineering or phsyics (which i dont have, but im hoping they dont think too much into that.). Magee is seriously fucking me over, they said tuesday at the latest, i cant wait that long. So i'm going to get up early tomorrow and ring clearing and try to get into civil engineering. I can't wait til tuesday for magee to say no. I hope i've made the right choice...

Go for it Kevin, good luck and don't forget to learn stuff. It is best not to hang around in these situations, so stuff that Debbie Magee College or whatever it is called. Civil egineering is building/designing sewage systems, bridges etc. I believe.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever have anything to do with the design of a bridge or building please make sure you tell us all which.

Kevins going to be within 9miles range of me *shudder*

Hopefully anyway bud.

Okay so i think i've made my decision.. i realised i'd like to move away. Jordanstown to do civil engineering. You need 220 UCAS points (which i have) and a subject in maths tech engineering or phsyics (which i dont have, but im hoping they dont think too much into that.)

You will spend the first year getting up to speed in those but you should know that they'll be an integral part - if you didn't take them at A level because you wanted to do other stuff more then fair enough but if you dropped them because you didn't like them or weren't good enough at them then I'd rethink engineering.

I just found that out there now that my brother did his maths ALevel in his first year doing engineering. Nah I only did maths and science at GCSE. Only puck up subjects i wanted so its not because i wanted to drop the subjects in question. So hopefully i get in alright.

So I didn't get into uni, but i'm happy with what i'm doing. I'm doing a HND in Engineering, this takes me into my 2nd year of uni then. Course sounds interesting aswell. Pretty happy with that. Also found out i still get a student loan :wub:

So I didn't get into uni, but i'm happy with what i'm doing. I'm doing a HND in Engineering, this takes me into my 2nd year of uni then. Course sounds interesting aswell. Pretty happy with that. Also found out i still get a student loan :wub:

There's a shortage of engineers, Kevin. Stick with it and you could get a really career at the end of it.

There's a shortage of engineers, Kevin. Stick with it and you could get a really career at the end of it.

My cousin has just graduated with a degree in civil engineering from Newcastle and is stacking shelves. You need to do really well apparently.

My cousin has just graduated with a degree in civil engineering from Newcastle and is stacking shelves. You need to do really well apparently.

My brothers over in new zealand doing it in christchurch. The boy hes over with done the same course i'm going to do and went into the 2nd year of uni, 3rd year work placement and then a final year. Not too bad.

Feel?

Work away :wub:

Good luck btw, Kev. Srsly.

Cheers bud. Never thought i'd be happy to not get into uni. Can't wait to start now :blush: Open day tomorrow so i'm going to that