Newcastle United 6 (SIX) - 0 Aston Villa

Deano

1st home game of the season...ghosts to exorcise and some sweet sweet revenge to hunt for against these birmingham turds.

I really hope the boys show no mercy and muller this lot!

I think and hope we'll start with...

---Harper---

--Perch---Williamson---Coloccini---Enrique---

--Routledge---Guthrie---Nolan---Gutierrez---

---Carroll-----Lovenkrands---

2-0 Carroll and Guthrie

:)

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle v Aston Villa

For half an hour at Manchester United on Monday, Newcastle were competitive and looked difficult to break down. Once they conceded, though, they never looked like scoring themselves and ended up losing 3-0. With home advantage this weekend, I expect them to give Aston Villa a physical battering, especially with Andy Carroll leading the attack.

I know Kevin McDonald well from our days together at Liverpool and I wonder if his relative lack of managerial experience could harm his chances of getting the Villa job on a full-time basis. It is going to be an interesting season for Villa. They have just signed midfielder Stephen Ireland from Manchester City - a good buy, in my opinion - but have they finished selling players?

Prediction: 2-1

big game for us this like. could be a barometer for the rest of our season as this is the kind of home game we should be aiming to win.

shame we didn't sign a few more players in time for it. i think we'd all be a lot more confident if we had ben arfa tucked behind carroll.

I'd rather hope Routledge doesn't play tbh. He had a torrid time at Man U, he's a one trick pony. Never seems to look for the pass and just tries to knock it one way and run around them. I think he was good in the Championship, but nothing more. This season he will be exposed as nothing more than a terribly average player, just like most of our squad.

But then again, who else do we have available?

I just cant see us losing this one. Aye Villa have pace but we are an organised unit and using the first half against ManURe then we should be able to withstand villas threat and stay strong.

I feel that we have a score to settle and we will turn it on.

Lads come on man we mite not have bought any notable quality as of yet but i still have faith in this squad to keep us up.

Villa are nothing spectacular.

Pints half full.

I just cant see us losing this one. Aye Villa have pace but we are an organised unit and using the first half against ManURe then we should be able to withstand villas threat and stay strong.

I feel that we have a score to settle and we will turn it on.

Lads come on man we mite not have bought any notable quality as of yet but i still have faith in this squad to keep us up.

Villa are nothing spectacular.

Pints half full.

Didn't they finish 6th last year?

I'd rather hope Routledge doesn't play tbh. He had a torrid time at Man U, he's a one trick pony. Never seems to look for the pass and just tries to knock it one way and run around them. I think he was good in the Championship, but nothing more. This season he will be exposed as nothing more than a terribly average player, just like most of our squad.

But then again, who else do we have available?

Routledge needs to start. It's not his fault he spent 85minutes covering for Perch at RB on Monday

Bit harsh writing Routledge off. Wingers need to receive the ball early and need options. He had neither against Man Utd. I thought he actually showed some promising touches although obviously he wasn't in the game enough. I also think he does look for the pass as I can remember him playing people in on numerous occasions last season.

For fucks sake man.

I think that just means the average ticket is going to cost more as it wont be in Level 7.

Wont that wreck crowds a bit too?

Newcastle v Aston Villa

For half an hour at Manchester United on Monday, Newcastle were competitive and looked difficult to break down. Once they conceded, though, they never looked like scoring themselves and ended up losing 3-0. With home advantage this weekend, I expect them to give Aston Villa a physical battering, especially with Andy Carroll leading the attack.

I know Kevin McDonald well from our days together at Liverpool and I wonder if his relative lack of managerial experience could harm his chances of getting the Villa job on a full-time basis. It is going to be an interesting season for Villa. They have just signed midfielder Stephen Ireland from Manchester City - a good buy, in my opinion - but have they finished selling players?

Prediction: 2-1

Who said that?