Newcastle United 6 (SIX) - 0 Aston Villa

Deano

Great game. Carroll the man of the match, Was surprised at his pace aswell. He won a couple of headers then ran onto them himself :cuppa:. Amazing assist. Great finishing. Had a sweet volley after the whistle was blown aswell.

Williamson looks like the new bassong. Bought for a tiny sum and outperforming colo, who also looked strong.

Enrique had no trouble with albrighton or anyone else, and linked up well with jonas to get forward. Great ball to Carroll for the first goal.

Barton scored a great goal and looked tidy. Smith did well and should have had a penalty. I cant help but love his tackling, they look so crunchy.

Routledge was a disappointment to me. He just looks physically weak and afraid to take a shot on. Even though he can beat his man well enough he needs to read the play better.

Nolan did what he was supposed to do. Hunting for goals standing behind Carroll. I worry about him playing when we arent dominating though.

Perch, alot of people has said he had a good game. I completely disagree. The few through balls that came through for Villa was from his side, and alot of the time i just saw colo or williamson doing the defending with him not being present. His loss of the ball to young when he dallied at the end could have cost us the clean sheet. Looks uncertain on the ball and still seems like a championship player to me.

Harper could have lost us the game at the start, clumsily done. Didnt have much else to do.

Pleased with the subs. 2 of them got good assists and Raylor almost got a goal.

All in all villas only dangerous player today was Ashley Young, and our whole team played extraordinarily well. Ireland for example never got into the game at all.

If we can keep this home form running we should avoid relegation comfortably! Hopefully this wont limit Ashley to think the squad is good enough.

;):rolleyes::nufc:

Edited by nortoon

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First game I watched with Parky Jnr. :rolleyes: Think she's gone away with the wrong idea of what we're about. :nufc: :nufc:

Superb performance.

Europe?? :cuppa:

Sweet memories

Is she hooked then?

The training has begun. Think Luke, think swamp think Yoda. ;)

She knows what you're getting for Christmas

She felt your presents.

I wonder how much he won :rolleyes:

As for SMB, they really really really are pathetic :nufc: They have a thread looking to see how many newcastle fans will come on gloating, wtf?? we were playing villa you daft fuck wits.

:cuppa: it's almost as entertaining as the match was ;)

Linky?

Can't be arsed trawling through the other shite.

Just got back. Throats a bit horse like, need to get it back in shape! Unexpected game like. After the missed pen we never looked back. Great effort from the team, all of them grafted hard. I did think Harper (his kicking) was dodgy early on though unlucky for the pen. Carew just leaving a trailing leg after pushing ball wide. He wanted the pen and got it.

Something I did pick up was the man of the match award. Made by the coaches and directors? Did we not have a match sponsor today? What happened to collingwood insurance etc?

Attendance was disappointing as well. Both of these things MA needs to look at. Never have we been below 50K on the opening home game of the season, yet 43K today.

What a game, i dread to think when the last time we scored 6 in the prem is!

Carroll was awesome and clear man of the match but Barton was excellent just behind him, really pulling the strings in midfield and scoring a cracker of a goal.

Enrique looked just like when he was up against championship players, in such control and finding it easy, great to see and Williamson continues to look very solid in the middle.

The weak link seems to be Harper really, that was brainless to concede the pen when the guy was going nowhere and on another day it could have cost us the game, and after that his kicking was woeful.

But the outfield players put in an outstanding shift today, and long may it continue. Though i don't think we'll always get away with playing Smith and Nolan in midfield even if it worked today!

What a game, i dread to think when the last time we scored 6 in the prem is!

Carroll was awesome and clear man of the match but Barton was excellent just behind him, really pulling the strings in midfield and scoring a cracker of a goal.

Enrique looked just like when he was up against championship players, in such control and finding it easy, great to see and Williamson continues to look very solid in the middle.

The weak link seems to be Harper really, that was brainless to concede the pen when the guy was going nowhere and on another day it could have cost us the game, and after that his kicking was woeful.

But the outfield players put in an outstanding shift today, and long may it continue. Though i don't think we'll always get away with playing Smith and Nolan in midfield even if it worked today!

Spuds, 7-1?

Anyway, 6-0 lads, 6 fucking 0.

:cuppa:

Edit; 8 against Sheffield under SBR?

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Someone on fivelive reckons Barton did a Nazi salute after scoring. Anyone see it?

Funnilly enough the mackems on smb were all over it in their (40+ page!) match thread and one showed a pic of it from the TV, he may have done or he may have been waving at the bench as another of them said which i'd think is more likely, even for him. Hope he didn't as we just want to have thing nice and quiet this season for a change!

Someone on fivelive reckons Barton did a Nazi salute after scoring. Anyone see it?

youre joking? :cuppa:

do they reckon shearers classic celebration was a nazi salute too?