Sign in to follow this  
Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Dr Ken's Portfolio

Guest alex

Some nice stuff in here Dr. K. I love the one at the top of this page. Baltic stairwell (I'm guessing that's where it is) is excellent too. Can I make a suggestion re: ones with vanishing points / converging lines? Sometime the composition works better if you apply a variation on the rule of thirds. I.e. if you divide the picture into thirds horizontally and vertically so you have, in effect, a picture divided into nine equal rectangles, then instead of having the lines (like the railways lines in one of your pics) converging on the centre of the photo, have them so they converge one third of the way in vertically and horizontally. If that makes sense.

Edited by alex

I love images with unconventional thirds - maybe it's my eye but they are just so appealing.

The way your mate's image works dr is a perfect example.

undergroundthirds.jpg

These use a similar principal:

deutschland2006112.jpg

deutschland2006204.jpg

And your first image, well when we were in toon and wandering the streets the lass ad I had a conversation about thirds and picture structures right when we got to:

P3070053.jpg

It's a funny old world some days.

Thanks JawD. It was at sunset. I'm not sure that its not a bit too red actually. Could probably do with a bit more trimming off the right side as well. Might have to have a go at it with LightRoom.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Some interesting shots there. Particularly like those where you captured the reflections in the water. That last one just looks bloody cold!

9666591_8e20cf7f5f_b.jpg

Really nice photo!

Not sure but I honestly think with a few tweaks in photoshop you could make this image even better. A bit of increased vibrance and maybe playing with the curves tool would accentuate the colour of the sky and the reflection of the boats in the water.

But like I said really great photo even without all that tom foolery! :razz:

Edited by ajax_andy

9666581_17c090247e_b.jpg

All the pics are as usual at a very high standard Dr Ken. I especially like this one as the sheep is looking directly at the camera which gives it a great focal point.

Edited by ajax_andy