Ameobi's last season

Jusoda Kid

You had better make the most of it Shola as it's your last, your shit, you know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

Bye, Bye Shaft.

Can't shoot, can't jump, can't tackle, can't read the game, can't pass, how he's managed to get away with masquerading as a pro footballer for so long is beyond me.

Well tbh it's not, it would only happen at Newcastle.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye it's a case of black man can't jump with this twat, can't do anything else of professional footballer should be able to either.

I would have rather fielded 10 men than had Ameobi on the pitch yesterday, in a team that played shite yesterday he stood out as the ultimate footballing joke. It's a sad indictment when i say i'd rather have Crouch up there instead of this Walker wanker!

Aye it's a case of black man can't jump with this twat, can't do anything else of professional footballer should be able to either.

I would have rather fielded 10 men than had Ameobi on the pitch yesterday, in a team that played shite yesterday he stood out as the ultimate footballing joke. It's a sad indictment when i say i'd rather have Crouch up there instead of this Walker wanker!

62005[/snapback]

Walker Wanchope as i heard him referred to yesterday, although Walker Wog seemd to be the most popular term for him

:lol:

why is he such a scapegoat? he did far more than shearer yesterday.

62016[/snapback]

Because every thing he did was shit !

Shearer is 35 years old ! and is passed it, but has had a phenominal career, where as Shola is a 24 year old who should be entering into his prime, but he shows nothing at all, he's a joke, and we will continue to be midtable also-rans while we excuse players of his stock being in our team.

62016[/snapback]

So you're denying that he's shit :lol:

62026[/snapback]

yes. he's not the best player in the world but i don't think he's as shit as people suggest on here. he certainly doesn't deserve more stick for his performance yesterday than shearer, yet i don't see too many people queuing up to have a pop at our number 9.

62016[/snapback]

62026[/snapback]

yes. he's not the best player in the world but i don't think he's as shit as people suggest on here. he certainly doesn't deserve more stick for his performance yesterday than shearer, yet i don't see too many people queuing up to have a pop at our number 9.

62036[/snapback]

Shearer was crap yesterday.

I thought Boumsong was to blame for their goal, nothing to do with Ameobi.

62016[/snapback]

62026[/snapback]

62036[/snapback]

Tell me some plus points about him in general, not his individual performances.

Nowt daft like 'he's tall'

62016[/snapback]

62026[/snapback]

62036[/snapback]

Tell me some plus points about him in general, not his individual performances.

Nowt daft like 'he's tall'

62039[/snapback]

But it's true. What was that classic someone mentioned last year? He's 6' 4" standing up and 5' 5" when he jumps.

Why debate his merits ?

Simply look at his scoring record, it speaks vollumes.

62048[/snapback]

Waiting for someone to mention that he's played well in the Champions League, so he's world class. Should play for England, like.

Edited by Howaythelads

Shola's performance was far worse than Shearers yesterday, thats why he should get more stick.

Shearer was quiet yesterday but to be fair Everton were all over us at times yesterday so we needed to take what few chances we had.

Shearer missed one where he almost turned through 180 to hit it but slipped and a second when he tried to take it around Martyn (when he should have shot 1st time).

Shola missed a couple, had one saved by a handball, and scuffed two other chances when he clearly should have passed. The difference with Shearer is that even when he has a quiet game, he still tries to influence the game and also he can still get into good positions. There were two occasions yesterday when he got into an unmarked goalscoring position and neither Shola or Luque had the vision to pass. Instead they shot from untenable positions and wasted those chances.

That's why he should and is getting more grief than Shearer.

He's feckin' clueless man. At least Luque has the excuse of a lack of match fitness and adjustment to the EPL.

i thought shearer was dreadful yesterday. he can't play alongside shola. shola can't play alongside shearer either, but at least he can run.

the only way shearer can be used now is if he has someone with pace alongside him to do all his donkeywork.

even then, he looked a shadow of his former self in the penalty box. he missed a couple of chances he would have buried a couple of years back.

shola is never going to be anywhere near the player that shearer was in his prime but at the moment, he looks the more lively of the two and imo doesn't deserve all the stick he gets.

he's definitely adopted the role of scapegoat now larry robert has gone.

i thought shearer was dreadful yesterday. he can't play alongside shola. shola can't play alongside shearer either, but at least he can run.

the only way shearer can be used now is if he has someone with pace alongside him to do all his donkeywork.

even then, he looked a shadow of his former self in the penalty box.  he missed a couple of chances he would have buried a couple of years back.

shola is never going to be anywhere near the player that shearer was in his prime but at the moment, he looks the more lively of the two and imo doesn't deserve all the stick he gets.

62064[/snapback]

Ameobiwork, you mean. :lol:

Seriously, I don't agree with you Dan about Ameobi being a scapegoat now that Robert has gone. If that's true it's a bit of a disgrace because, despite the laziness, Robert was a far better player for us over the last few years than Ameobi has been. That's basically because no matter what the difference in attitude may be, Ameobi has almost zero ability at this level of football.

even then, he looked a shadow of his former self in the penalty box.  he missed a couple of chances he would have buried a couple of years back.

62064[/snapback]

Dan I sort of agree that he's not deserving of all the stick he gets, but people are just sick of the lad. He's played a lot of games for us now and I don't care what anyone says about his style of play and all that, he's looked totally disinterested for the majority of them. I actually think in terms of effort there's been a marked improvement from him this season but the ability just isn't there.

Gemmil/HTL

i don't particularly rate shola and i'm as pissed off as anyone with the shite we've had upfront when owen isn't fit.

just seems a tad unfair to me that shola, who has been our best striker in owen's absence, gets all the abuse while shearer remains untouchable with most, despite offering little for the past 18 months.

tbh most of this is down to the manager. i think shola and shearer, despite their limitations, can both still offer us something - just blatantly not as a striker partnership.

play one or the other for fuck's sake. rocket science it aint.

Gemmil/HTL

i don't particularly rate shola and i'm as pissed off as anyone with the shite we've had upfront when owen isn't fit.

just seems a tad unfair to me that shola, who has been our best striker in owen's absence, gets all the abuse while shearer remains untouchable with most, despite offering little for the past 18 months.

tbh most of this is down to the manager. i think shola and shearer, despite their limitations, can both still offer us something - just blatantly not as a striker partnership.

62079[/snapback]

Dan

I agree with you that they definitely don't form a good partnership, so it may be hard on Ameobi as he hasn't often been in the team with someone with pace and movement. The thing is though, he has to show something, and for me, he's shown almost nothing at all.

It's a harsh reality mate, but he really is not good enough, I don't think it would make a lot of difference who he partners. I really hope he goes in January, if not, then next summer.

Gemmil/HTL

62079[/snapback]

Dan

I agree with you that they definitely don't form a good partnership, so it may be hard on Ameobi as he hasn't often been in the team with someone with pace and movement. The thing is though, he has to show something, and for me, he's shown almost nothing at all.

It's a harsh reality mate, but he really is not good enough, I don't think it would make a lot of difference who he partners. I really hope he goes in January, if not, then next summer.

62082[/snapback]

well i obvioulsy see something in him that the majority on here don't. it doesn't happen very often, but occasionally he can win a match.

i'd give him one more season personally. if he doesn't take his chance after shearer retires we should let him go. it's not like we're going to be blessed with too many forwards next year anyway after shearer retires and if owen does what we all fear and walks.

Gemmil/HTL

62079[/snapback]

Dan

62082[/snapback]

well i obvioulsy see something in him that the majority on here don't. it doesn't happen very often, but occasionally he can win a match.

i'd give him one more season personally. if he doesn't take his chance after shearer retires we should let him go. it's not like we're going to be blessed with too many forwards next year anyway after shearer retires and if owen does what we all fear and walks.

62091[/snapback]

Occasionally isn't good enough, neither is 8 goals a season average