Ameobi's last season

Jusoda Kid

Gemmil/HTL

i don't particularly rate shola and i'm as pissed off as anyone with the shite we've had upfront when owen isn't fit.

just seems a tad unfair to me that shola, who has been our best striker in owen's absence, gets all the abuse while shearer remains untouchable with most, despite offering little for the past 18 months.

tbh most of this is down to the manager. i think shola and shearer, despite their limitations, can both still offer us something - just blatantly not as a striker partnership.

play one or the other for fuck's sake. rocket science it aint.

62079[/snapback]

I would hardly say Shearer was untouchable - just read some of the replies on the Kluivert thread. I am amazed you think Amebi is PL standard though, I honestly think you might be the only one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gemmil/HTL

i don't particularly rate shola and i'm as pissed off as anyone with the shite we've had upfront when owen isn't fit.

just seems a tad unfair to me that shola, who has been our best striker in owen's absence, gets all the abuse while shearer remains untouchable with most, despite offering little for the past 18 months.

tbh most of this is down to the manager. i think shola and shearer, despite their limitations, can both still offer us something - just blatantly not as a striker partnership.

62079[/snapback]

I would hardly say Shearer was untouchable - just read some of the replies on the Kluivert thread. I am amazed you think Amebi is PL standard though, I honestly think you might be the only one.

62095[/snapback]

No, unfortunately there is another one.

Gemmil/HTL

62079[/snapback]

62095[/snapback]

62097[/snapback]

Name and shame. :lol:

Gemmil/HTL

62079[/snapback]

62095[/snapback]

62097[/snapback]

62100[/snapback]

I'm guessing that Omar bloke.

Gemmil/HTL

62079[/snapback]

62095[/snapback]

62097[/snapback]

62100[/snapback]

62102[/snapback]

I meant someone whose opinion counts.

Edited by Howaythelads

Gemmil/HTL

62079[/snapback]

62095[/snapback]

62097[/snapback]

Name and shame. ;)

62100[/snapback]

62102[/snapback]

Or G. Souness.

Gemmil/HTL

62079[/snapback]

62095[/snapback]

62097[/snapback]

Name and shame. ;)

62100[/snapback]

62102[/snapback]

Or G. Souness.

62354[/snapback]

HTL meant someone whose opinion counts.

Gemmil/HTL

62079[/snapback]

62095[/snapback]

62097[/snapback]

Name and shame. ;)

62100[/snapback]

62102[/snapback]

Or G. Souness.

62354[/snapback]

HTL meant someone whose opinion counts.

62357[/snapback]

Unfortunately, as long as he's picking the team, it does.

We're stuck with him for the season so we may as well get behind him. Like I keep saying, he's not shit on purpose and he doesn't pick himself. He does have to go at the end of the season thopugh, he's just not consistent enough to play at the highest level. What I will say is that people need to lay off him at home games, it's become pathetic tbh and doesn't help the team.

We're stuck with him for the season so we may as well get behind him. Like I keep saying, he's not shit on purpose and he doesn't pick himself. He does have to go at the end of the season thopugh, he's just not consistent enough to play at the highest level. What I will say is that people need to lay off him at home games, it's become pathetic tbh and doesn't help the team.

62371[/snapback]

While I agree that during games people should "support" the team I think that sticking with Ameobi for the rest of the season isn't exactly a great prospect. I'd rather see all other available options tried. And that includes bringing Dean Saunders out of retirement...

62371[/snapback]

While I agree that during games people should "support" the team I think that sticking with Ameobi for the rest of the season isn't exactly a great prospect. I'd rather see all other available options tried. And that includes bringing Dean Saunders out of retirement...

62375[/snapback]

PMSL ;) Magic, pure magic! :angry:

The enigma that is Sherla is extremely frustrating. I, for one, thought he could make a good strike partner but he has has numerous opportunities to grab the place and keep it but has fucked it up. Every now and then he produces the goods but I'm afraid that every now and then just isn't good enough.

Sorry Sherla, you had my total support for a long time, but it seems that I was mis-guided in my hopes.

Unless it is another case of going somewhere else and flourishing, I can't see him staying in the Premiership and becoming that '20 goal a season player'.

With 'sicknote' Owen not being able to play more than the odd game, we are well and truly stuffed for next season. Where's Portly Freddie gonna get £10m to get another top-class striker, plus the millions more that Souness wants for defenders etc??

One good thing about 'sicknote's' injuries though, is that prospective buyers will be put off from splashing out on someone who aint gonna play too often?

Come on man, list his strengths.

62508[/snapback]

He's good for the grass.

62509[/snapback]

What about that goal he scored in that televised game where he beat about 6 players in the box? ;)

Come on Dan. Give us all a laugh. Why don't you tell us what you see in ameobi that makes you think he is  premier league player?

Come on man, list his strengths.

62508[/snapback]

look. i never said he's the best striker in the world, just that he's getting unfair stick when there are just as many in the side who are underperforming who don't get as much criticism because they're not the scapegoat of the month.

his inconsistentcy is annoying but you've got to take it in context. he's mostly playing alongside a man with no pace or mobility whatsover. shola isn't the quickest either yet he's expected to do all shearer's legwork.

i think shearer has been poorer than shola this season, yet it is ameobie that gets all the stick.