Chris Hughton

Dr Gloom

Can't forsee Hughton going anywhere this season, unless we're in a relegation scrap. What happens after his contract is up is anyones guess. I suspect he'd be afforded a minor increase by Ashley/Lambbias if he does decently and expected to stay.

If he keeps us up with bugger minimal net outlay and a static/reducing wage bill, he'd have made Ashley a packet. Assuming people still turn up to watch the matches of course.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xisco substitution

Still no-one joining in at the match when i sing X.I.S.C.O. to the tune of the Ottawan classic. ;)

Perhaps once he starts scoring.

:cuppa: If you dressed as one of the Village People it might get better take up.

If he can get a half-decent striker in between now and 6PM Tuesday, I'll be delighted with his and the club's business this Summer. On a tight budget he's done well. We really can't rely on Carroll though and we'll be doing that if we don't get someone in to supplement him.

Done the job on the pitch as well as managed the unenviable job of keeping the fans sweet whilst working for Dirty Dekka. Something KK and JK both couldnt manage. If he ever leaves us he deserves a crack at another big job imo.

However it's come about he's doing an excellent job. If the fans can keep their cool if he has a blip I could see him really giving us some stability over the next few years. Very happy with him staying.

I was there yesterday and we played more actual "football" than in about a dozen away games put together last season...on that evidence CH may be trying to change the way we play away from home. If this is the case, then he may well have learned from watching promoted sides in the recent past go into away games with 10 players behind the ball and trying to shut up shop and coming away with nowt. Fair play to him if this is the case, you need points to stay (and indeed prosper) in this league and going for it away from home in a controlled way like yesterday may well be the way to go.

I was there yesterday and we played more actual "football" than in about a dozen away games put together last season...on that evidence CH may be trying to change the way we play away from home. If this is the case, then he may well have learned from watching promoted sides in the recent past go into away games with 10 players behind the ball and trying to shut up shop and coming away with nowt. Fair play to him if this is the case, you need points to stay (and indeed prosper) in this league and going for it away from home in a controlled way like yesterday may well be the way to go.

controlled possession is everything in football

He did basically say in an interview that Wolves play a high tempo and like to come out flying at home so we took it straight to them, and i like his attitude there. Instead of thinking we have to spoil and try and get the crowd quiet to slow them, he thought as they aren't world beaters we should get at them first and disrupt their quick start. And if we'd taken our early chances i think Hughton would have pulled off an excellent win, hope he does this again against lesser sides away from home. Against the top teams it may be more sensible to try and be solid early on.

No he isn't and he never has been.

he is dear boy he is

tell me who has a better record of results?

eerrr.....when he does it against the top teams like some others.....

No he isn't and he never has been.

he is dear boy he is

tell me who has a better record of results?

Stan Seymour - FA Cup twice

Joe Harvey - Div 2 Champs ( equivalent to today's Championship) and Fairs Cup.

If Chris wins us the FA or League cup, then he may equal these two. Long way to go til he's the most successful.

My issues with Hughton's management.

1.) He's not ruthless enough. Certain players get too much gametime.

2.) He constantly bemuses me with his choice of substitutes. Always seems to leave our pace players on the bench when they could add a lot to the team towards the end of matches.

3.) He/we didn't get another striker in. Massive problem to be honest. Aside from Carroll, our usual strikers are either unproven or just not good enough. We can't rely on him and I don't want us to play with 1 man up front anyway.

My third reason casts major doubt over our ability to stay in this league to be honest. I don't want to think what it'll be like if we end up relying on the likes of Best and Ameobi to score us goals.

Is it Hughtons fault we didn't get a striker in? I doubt he had much of a budget so should he have gotten any old shit in just for the sake of it?

Which players do you think get too much game time?

Edited by Gejon

I do. Wasn't his reaction to being asked if he was after Keane pretty telling?

Well he obvs should have fucking worked harder, shouldn't he have? What the fuck does he get paid for.

Is it Hughtons fault we didn't get a striker in? I doubt he had much of a budget so should he have gotten any old shit in just for the sake of it?

Problem is he has in the past. Look at Best. I'm not sure about Perch either at this time.

He also should've worked harder at moving some players on like ameobi and Smith to try to free up money.

I do. Wasn't his reaction to being asked if he was after Keane pretty telling?

Well he obvs should have fucking worked harder, shouldn't he have? What the fuck does he get paid for.

Do they really get paid to bring the players to the club? I was under the impression they basically tell the board who they want and they do all the running about.

Problem is he has in the past. Look at Best. I'm not sure about Perch either at this time.

He also should've worked harder at moving some players on like ameobi and Smith to try to free up money.

I'm glad he didn't just buy any old garbage. In doing so it would give Ash;ey ample argument for withdrawing any future transfer budget - "I gave you money and you bought a bag o' shite, why should I give you more?".

As for Kevin's most recent comment... no more proof is needed that you're a lot of experience to gain, young spud.