Chris Hughton

Dr Gloom

Chris Hughton, always learning :)

Sometimes I don't think he is learning fast enough. I think he is slow in making his substitutions when it is obvious to the onlooker a change should be made.

Against Everton Routledge was not having much of an impact, Hughton should have replaced him with Jonas at halftime.

I sometimes think Smith is getting unnecessary flak when you consider he gained prominence as a striker. Maybe he would be an asset behind Carroll or up front with him.

I hope Wilson can do better than Perch when he is fit.

By the way, if you've missed me doing the odd post, I've been in Gateshead and around for 5 weeks. Was at the Villa & Blackpool matches, talk about High & Low.

Wilson? Smith as a forward?

What is this I don't even.

that is an odd one

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I don't think he is learning fast enough. I think he is slow in making his substitutions when it is obvious to the onlooker a change should be made.

Against Everton Routledge was not having much of an impact, Hughton should have replaced him with Jonas at halftime.

I sometimes think Smith is getting unnecessary flak when you consider he gained prominence as a striker. Maybe he would be an asset behind Carroll or up front with him.

By the way, if you've missed me doing the odd post, I've been in Gateshead and around for 5 weeks. Was at the Villa & Blackpool matches, talk about High & Low.

I thought Routledge offered us an 'out ball' when we were under pressure in the second half. His pace and the space he was given always gave the defender an option.

It's about opinions really but Smith playing anywhere near the attacking third is just mental. I assume by Wilson you meant Simpson?

Hughton does take way too long with subs, one of Sir Bobby's main criticisms was substitutions, some managers just seem to not like them very much.

Imo Hughton has shown he is very willing to learn and not just be a stubborn cunt like a lot of our recent managers.

Ah Fuck, I can't believe you've done this.

Edited by The Fish

FFS

It's about opinions really but Smith playing anywhere near the attacking third is just mental. I assume by Wilson you meant Simpson?

Hughton does take way too long with subs, one of Sir Bobby's main criticisms was substitutions, some managers just seem to not like them very much.

Imo Hughton has shown he is very willing to learn and not just be a stubborn cunt like a lot of our recent managers.

I stand corrected Gejon, I meant Simpson, haven't a clue why I put Wilson, old age I guess.

Luke Edwards

Particularly insipid Chris Hughton #nufc conference. Biggest revelation. "Everybody has to play well to keep their place" Ho hum

It's Friday afternoon and nobody feeling particularly inspired, but this was bad! "We'd like to win our home games" was another corker

I'm not mad, pissed off, disillusioned or anything else with Hughton. I'm merely highlighting how bad his press conferences are sometimes!

Good lad hyooton, keep everyone bored shitless.

Luke Edwards

Particularly insipid Chris Hughton #nufc conference. Biggest revelation. "Everybody has to play well to keep their place" Ho hum

It's Friday afternoon and nobody feeling particularly inspired, but this was bad! "We'd like to win our home games" was another corker

I'm not mad, pissed off, disillusioned or anything else with Hughton. I'm merely highlighting how bad his press conferences are sometimes!

Good lad hyooton, keep everyone bored shitless.

:lol:

Chris Hughton, always learning :icon_lol:

I stand corrected Gejon, I meant Simpson, haven't a clue why I put Wilson, old age I guess.

I guessed that was your problem a while back Noelie.... :lol: welcome back anyway. If you had said you were back, I'd have had a pint with you.

KK had the press eating out of his hand during his first mangerial stint, they loved him cos they could fill their columns with it, and it sold papers.

The second time, he made one comment about going to the match being the equivalent of Londoners going to the theatre and the knives were out for him. They are fickle fuckers 99% of them (Winter and Caulkin are ok off the top of my head maybe one or two others but mostly cunts).

I say well done to Hughton, keep em at arms length and make them feed off scraps.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

KK had the press eating out of his hand during his first mangerial stint, they loved him cos they could fill their columns with it, and it sold papers.

The second time, he made one comment about going to the match being the equivalent of Londoners going to the theatre and the knives were out for him. They are fickle fuckers 99% of them (Winter and Caulkin are ok off the top of my head maybe one or two others but mostly cunts).

I say well done to Hughton, keep em at arms length and make them feed off scraps.

david lacey on the guardian was good but he doesn't write much beyond his saturday column now.

but yeah, sports columnists are mostly dire these days.

different sport but i enjoy mike atherton's column in the times.

david lacey on the guardian was good but he doesn't write much beyond his saturday column now.

but yeah, sports columnists are mostly dire these days.

different sport but i enjoy mike atherton's column in the times.

the same david lacey who said he's glad we're back up as "Newcastle are always worth a few belly laughs a season"

• 3 weeks later...
anyone else getting the feeling Chrissy Hughton is set for a Christmas bootin' :lol:

What a load of crap. The blokes done a very good job so far and is getting better all the time. Who do you think Ashley would replace him with?

JFK 2

I don't think he should be sacked CT, I like him, just said I can see it happening.