Player of the Season, Everton (a)

Greg

Sorry for the delay was so tired I just went to sleep when I got in from the match last night and I've been at work all day.

Anyway you know the drill...

I'll go with...

Given - some great saves but one of the worst kicking displays i've seen from him.

Parker - some sloppy simple balls but still ahed of the rest

Ramage - at fault for the goal really but did well over again Andy VDM, put in our only decent cross of the game too.

I like Parker but I thought he had a poor game by his standards. Plus, Ramage was to blame for the goal. Can't pick a man of the match in all honesty.

Rammage

Parker

Given

I wouldn't blame Rammage for the goal as I thought he was fouled but he was certainly our only defender who seemed to have a clue about defending.

Parker wasn't at his best but was still easily our best midfielder.

Emre had a mare.

Rammage

Parker

Given

I wouldn't blame Rammage for the goal as I thought he was fouled but he was certainly our only defender who seemed to have a clue about defending.

Emre had a mare.

62337[/snapback]

Would go along with that, apart from the bit about Ramage not being to blame for the goal. In the first half he actually showed some signs of looking decent going forward to go along with the solid defensive displays he's shown of late. As for Emre, is he another Solano type player, i.e. one that looks good at home but goes missing a bit away from home? Perhaps I'm just being harsh after the game on Sunday. I would also worry about N'Zogbia (who I rate) playing too many games at his age.

Rammage

Parker

Given

Emre had a mare.

62337[/snapback]

Would go along with that, apart from the bit about Ramage not being to blame for the goal. In the first half he actually showed some signs of looking decent going forward to go along with the solid defensive displays he's shown of late. As for Emre, is he another Solano type player, i.e. one that looks good at home but goes missing a bit away from home? Perhaps I'm just being harsh after the game on Sunday. I would also worry about N'Zogbia (who I rate) playing too many games at his age.

62369[/snapback]

Totally agree with the point about N'Zogbia. At this stage of his development there is no chance we are going to see any sort of consistency in his play and it would help him to have some time out of the team at times. Hopefully now Luque is fit we can leave N'Zogbia or Shearer out of a few more games.

I'm not worried about Emre away from home other than if we don't start playing more football instead of twating the ball up to the strikers every time we get the ball we might as well go with two defensive midfielders in the midle of the park. Because their only purpose will be to win back possession. And while Emre isn't afraid to get stuck in, that's not what he's there for!