Spotify Premium

The Fish

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's class. Glad I'm paying the extra for it. only downside is that the Radio feature won't play the song you've based it upon 1st.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just signed up for a months free trial. Should be long enough to decide if its worth keeping.

Still quite astonished at how good it is and well it works out and about.

Made a nice little play list for the taxi which includes.....

21443zb.jpg

So far even the nanas seem to approve. Just worried any swearing pops up.

side-eye-what-you-talking-about-willis1.jpg

Do you connect to Spotify through your phone? You may be getting the music for £10 a month, but if your Mobile Service Provider isn't providing unlimited data you may very quickly burn through your allocation and then be charged muchos for the streaming of music.

Do you connect to Spotify through your phone? You may be getting the music for £10 a month, but if your Mobile Service Provider isn't providing unlimited data you may very quickly burn through your allocation and then be charged muchos for the streaming of music.

Oh bugger!

Farewell sweet spotify :(

:lol: Fucking hell man, I'm glad we caught you before you ended up with your first reason to complain about O2, but it would have been canny funny seeing your posts a month from now raging about how you can't understand where all your data's gone and the £500 bill O2 have hit you with. ;)

It's the sad thing about the way mobile companies currently set up their deals - until they realise that unlimited needs to genuinely mean unlimited, services like Spotify are fucking useless on mobile devices unless you're in your own house. All this bluster about how fast 4G is gonna be - aye that's mint, but I'll still only be allowed 1gig of data you twats. The faster downloading speed is pointless if the amount we're allowed to download each month is still capped.

:lol: Fucking hell man, I'm glad we caught you before you ended up with your first reason to complain about O2, but it would have been canny funny seeing your posts a month from now raging about how you can't understand where all your data's gone and the £500 bill O2 have hit you with. ;)

It's the sad thing about the way mobile companies currently set up their deals - until they realise that unlimited needs to genuinely mean unlimited, services like Spotify are fucking useless on mobile devices unless you're in your own house. All this bluster about how fast 4G is gonna be - aye that's mint, but I'll still only be allowed 1gig of data you twats. The faster downloading speed is pointless if the amount we're allowed to download each month is still capped.

Aye, pretty pleased that's nipped on the bud :lol:

You only get 1 gig with 02 and that was half gone.

Aye, pretty pleased that's nipped on the bud :lol:

You only get 1 gig with 02 and that was half gone.

It's a shame, cos on paper it's a mint idea and probably just about decent value at a tenner a month, particularly for someone in your line of work. Useless in practice though, thanks to the mobile providers. You have to think that they're all going to have to realise that their model needs to change with the introduction of 4G - pointless telling us all how we can watch Netflix and all the rest of it on our phones, if you can't even get through one film on your data allowance.

What's 3 like, Ant? I still think of them as the shit shower they were when they first got going, but they must have got better if you're using them. Have they sorted their lives out? And is it genuine unlimited with them?

• 5 months later...

Yes well worth the £10 IMO... however I listen to it all the time so I get my money's worth.

Best parts are that you can get loads of new music (providing you know who the new bands / albums are), and that you can sync stuff to play offline.

Found loads of new bands and some great music purely because of spotify

Yes well worth the £10 IMO... however I listen to it all the time so I get my money's worth.

Best parts are that you can get loads of new music (providing you know who the new bands / albums are), and that you can sync stuff to play offline.

Found loads of new bands and some great music purely because of spotify

I use it in conjunction with the BBC iPlayer app. That shows you the song that's playing, which you can "add to favourites", I'll then find the albums from which that song is taken and Sync them to Spotify. Job done.

• 1 month later...

What most people don't realise about Spotify is that it uses peer-to-peer networking. That means your device is being used as an always on Bittorrent client. So As long as Spotify client is running you're uploading data to listeners all over Europe and blasting your nuts and brains with electro smog 24/7.

Don't believe me? Download Currports and check it out.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html

You'll see dozens leeching you. Maybe hundreds.

It would be nice if they told users about that before they sign up. You also know why it installs to auto start up when your system boots.

Luckily you can disable it with some fiddling around:

http://mrlithium.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/spotify-and-opting-out-of-spotify-peer.html

• 2 months later...

I don't use it anymore as you have to have a Facebook account for it these days. Which kind of defeats the point of me deleting mine.

I've never had to connect a facebook account and it works fine.

only nuisance is I can't seem to share music with friends, even using the follower thingy

I've never had to connect a facebook account and it works fine.

only nuisance is I can't seem to share music with friends, even using the follower thingy

Aye, likewise. I disable all the social features except Last.Fm because I like to keep track of what I listen to. It keeps asking me to connect to Facebook but I always refuse but I must have had an account before the Facebook integration was a mandatory feature. For all people complain about the effect it has on the artists etc, I think Spotify Unlimited is an excellent service. I'm a customer, I'm not a man that holds his love of music on a moral pedestal and the choice of music is brilliant.

ah, that'll be it. I've had my account for a few years. can't believe they make facebook compulsory when some people just don't want to be on it.

I'm also a big fan, I thought the way the the internet was changing music was ultimately benefiting the individual artists?