Spotify Premium

The Fish

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spotify getting rid of the inbox feature is a right pain. I'm not quite at the point of switching to another service, but it was one of their best features so I'm using them more out of habit than any great enthusiasm now.

I think I only ever used that for Earworm, now I just use Discover Weekly for more-or-less the same effect.

My biggest gripe is not having better album sorting.  That and the random function not being very random.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just like being able to share music with friends easily. They reckon the service was underused, which might be because they'd neglected it for years and stopped it from showing notifications and stuff, but oh well. :lol:

Is there a setting on Spotify that will make the fuckin thing play an album from track 1, then in an upward ascending order to the band determined final track of said aforementioned album? :glare:

Apart from that, I really like it. I'd used it for years without a subscription but got a free three month trial when I bought my denon receiver last year which I've just carried on with. Being able to fire the phone at the receiver and just let it play is great. I think I may be wandering down "CT Lane" with that last bit :D

Is there a setting on Spotify that will make the fuckin thing play an album from track 1, then in an upward ascending order to the band determined final track of said aforementioned album? :glare:

I must be rereading this, but have you turned shuffle off? ;)

Apart from that, I really like it. I'd used it for years without a subscription but got a free three month trial when I bought my denon receiver last year which I've just carried on with. Being able to fire the phone at the receiver and just let it play is great. I think I may be wandering down "CT Lane" with that last bit :D

:lol:  Very CT.

• 2 months later...

Have now tried Apple, Google, Deezer & Tidal; the latter being the only one that comes close to Spotify.

Tidal is the only one to have a fully fledged desktop app on par with Spotify (this might be unfair to Apple if you have a Mac for iTunes).

I don't think I can really tell the difference between the CD quality on Tidal (I just listen on headphones), so Spotify just pips it with how well it does everything.  And they're adding a lossless subscription soon anyway.  

Stuff like the seamless integration between devices is really appreciated after taking a wander around the alternatives.  Like @ewerk said above, Spotify just seems to work better with other hardware/software.  For some reason, it is also the only one that recognises my mouse gestures, though that may be down to something I've set up previously.  Can't be bothered to figure it out.

Very impressive.  What's your audio setup?

I actually picked the lowest quality one on the first question. 

Spoiling this for anyone who hasn't done it yet:

The only one I got right I got visually.

So I actually did worse than if I'd picked at random.

I'm not sure I love their choice of clips though (which may or may not be purposeful on their part).  Listening to various stuff like Chopin or Tom Waits is when I most notice it, but I haven't done a blind taste test to see if I'm imagining it.

I'm just listening on very average wireless aptx headphones.  I wonder how much that has to do with it.

Just did a non-blind test there with Spotify and Tidal next to each other.  Still can't notice any difference. :lol: 

• 10 months later...