Spotify Premium

The Fish

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't justify paying for it but I do love spotify for being able to listen to absolutely anything and create any mood.

Had a lovely Cafe Jazz music playing the other week in the background when we had family round for dinner.

Tonight the wife's took the kids out for an hour so I've poured a nice merlot while I sit in my darkened conservatory listening to this

Posted Image

I could be there!

Couldn't justify paying for it but I do love spotify for being able to listen to absolutely anything and create any mood.

Had a lovely Cafe Jazz music playing the other week in the background when we had family round for dinner.

Tonight the wife's took the kids out for an hour so I've poured a nice merlot while I sit in my darkened conservatory listening to this

a3yqe2ed.jpg

I could be there!

That was the Italian Eurovision entry in 1959. I have to approve whether I want to or not. :D

...hang on, so you use free Spotify? Doesn't that mean adverts playing every 4-5 songs while you're small-talking with the relatives?

That was the Italian Eurovision entry in 1959. I have to approve whether I want to or not. :D

...hang on, so you use free Spotify? Doesn't that mean adverts playing every 4-5 songs while you're small-talking with the relatives?

Must say Ive heard a few tonight but didnt notice any last time. Even the ones tonight are for spotify not DFS so not too bad.

Nah, I'm not that twat ;)

Just sign up for the free trial and try it out.

Type any song in and it will play within seconds. Type a theme or browse a theme and get lots of playlists to listen too.

Playlist searches could be out from 80's punk to French accordion cafe.....

It's very good.

Once you've had a go you can decide on the tenner a month ( nowt when you're mortgage free ;) to free with a few limitations.

Most important thing is to set up your own playlists I think. Took me 3 attempts to really get the most from it. All well and good searching for artists or listening to playlists cheated by others, but only you know if you like late period Frank Zappa as much as 1920s ragtime.

• 4 months later...

I got Spotify a couple of weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it. :up:

Really nice tool for discovering new music or revisiting older music

You pay for premium or get the free one?

My current setup is to have 4 different players on the go....

Spotify Free - For discovering new music, setting up playlists of all new albums, listening to other playlists and music for the bairn.

Google Play - For all the music I own on CD and this years releases I've decided I like. Once I decide I like something on Spotify, it gets promoted to here, if I still really like it after a while I might buy it. Old Music in the cloud, more recent stuff on my phone.

Plex - Where I can use my phone or any PC to access the all the music I have at home, top flight or lower league. I can listen to my smart playlists and my podcast backlog via the Itunes channel as well.

Doggcatcher - For listening to podcasts I'm bang up to date on.

It's amazing how quickly I have gone from thinking the ipod was the greatest invention of all time and being inseperable from it, to it basically being a paperweight. The one thing i loved about Apple seems to be dead :(

I'm on premium - because I really couldn't get buy on the free. :up:

That's a good setup like. Other than spotify im only on itunes which these days is mainly used to put music on the ipod for running/out & about stuff. Although I have used spotify on 4g when out for a walk it packed in half way through :lol:

I'm on premium - because I really couldn't get buy on the free. :up:

That's a good setup like. Other than spotify im only on itunes which these days is mainly used to put music on the ipod for running/out & about stuff. Although I have used spotify on 4g when out for a walk it packed in half way through :lol:

Can you not switch off 4g and use 3g when running to music? Better coverage and I find it adequate for streaming music faultlessly.

Worth a try anyway.

Ah really? I didn't think it would be enough bandwidth!

The ipod gets me by for running but for a walk I used spotify once. I'm not sure I can switch 4g off mind - i think it just goes to 3g when the reception is poor.

The only similar fault I have (having not upgraded to 4G yet) is whenever I have wifi switched on the internet struggles if it can't find a wifi connection. It's supposed to flip to 3g automatically, but leads to there being no connection available temporarily and access drops out.

I stream music using 3g whenever I'm driving or sat at work and it's champion though. Think I have Spotify set to normal quality, if you have high or extreme it might struggle.

I have 4g and free spotify, however when I try to play an album away from home it just plays one song and then there's no sound.

I can see the seconds counting up for the next song as though it's playing. Might be the phone???

Love spotify though.

I have 4g and free spotify, however when I try to play an album away from home it just plays one song and then there's no sound.

I can see the seconds counting up for the next song as though it's playing. Might be the phone???

Love spotify though.

does your phone switch off its internet connection when it goes to sleep to conserve energy?

something like juice defender will do that by default, buy you can set which apps should be allowed to bypass that. add spotify and you'll be OK.

does your phone switch off its internet connection when it goes to sleep to conserve energy?

something like juice defender will do that by default, buy you can set which apps should be allowed to bypass that. add spotify and you'll be OK.

I don't think that's it because the spotisfy app is still open and the song is counting down.

• 4 months later...

My phone contract is up for discussion next month so I've started looking at what's out there. I've never bothered with Spotify as I've always used an SD card on my phone but some of the phones I've looked at haven't got a slot so I thought I'd look at getting a phone with "standard" storage space and maybe getting a Giffgaff unlimited data bag and use Spotify.

So I've downloaded it and "followed" all the band I like and pointed it at my NAS for home usage and downloaded the app to my phone and started playing around.

I've seen the discover thing but it seems unfocused - is there a way to get it to do what Pandora does (one of the greatest crimes against humanity ever is that that's unavailable in the UK) and say "you like x therefore why not listen to y?"

Any other tips?

(I've seen HF's post above but don't think I could be arsed to upload all my music to the cloud)