Owen out again

East Stander

From nufc.com's match report:

However to see Owen pogo-ing across a Swiss pitch after beating the Argies, only to promptly report to the sickbay again upon his return to club football is starting to cause raised eyebrows among those who turn out, rain or shine. Had this been Bellamy, then we'd be marching on the FAW HQ in Cardiff by now....

Discuss.

62931[/snapback]

erm, Niall and Biffa are voicing their opinion again - what's up with it? Personally I don't agree with them as the situation is different. Bellamy came back from international duty injured having been injured before hand but still played - Owen picked up his injury in training with NUFC.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit like having a go at Craig Bellamy for being a horrible little cunt ;)

62912[/snapback]

Exactly, being a horrible little cunt is part of his game, winding up the opposition, putting them off their game. Having the confidence and arrogance to run at defenders. How many times did people say before "he's an arsehole, but I'm glad he's our arsehole"?

Craig, you've completley missed my point tbh.

62929[/snapback]

Have I missed it or have I said something which follows your theory, but misses your opinion?

However to see Owen pogo-ing across a Swiss pitch after beating the Argies, only to promptly report to the sickbay again upon his return to club football is starting to cause raised eyebrows among those who turn out, rain or shine. Had this been Bellamy, then we'd be marching on the FAW HQ in Cardiff by now....

Discuss.

62931[/snapback]

erm, Niall and Biffa are voicing their opinion again - what's up with it? Personally I don't agree with them as the situation is different. Bellamy came back from international duty injured having been injured before hand but still played - Owen picked up his injury in training with NUFC.

62936[/snapback]

But he's still injured for us, yet fit for England. Many Liverpool fans used to complain about the same thing.

Discuss.

62931[/snapback]

62936[/snapback]

But he's still injured for us, yet fit for England. Many Liverpool fans used to complain about the same thing.

62941[/snapback]

Fine, lets ban him playing for England and piss him off the same way we pissed Solano off under Robson.

Part and parcel of having a player who is good enough to be an international I'm afraid. And yes it is fucking frustrating.

Discuss.

62931[/snapback]

62936[/snapback]

62941[/snapback]

Fine, lets ban him playing for England and piss him off the same way we pissed Solano off under Robson.

Part and parcel of having a player who is good enough to be an international I'm afraid. And yes it is fucking frustrating.

62943[/snapback]

If it were Luque, we'd be shouting to get rid.....

Discuss.

62931[/snapback]

62936[/snapback]

62941[/snapback]

62943[/snapback]

If it were Luque, we'd be shouting to get rid.....

62946[/snapback]

But he's shit/Spanish remember! ;)

Discuss.

62931[/snapback]

erm, Niall and Biffa are voicing their opinion again - what's up with it?

;) I know that they are voicing their opinion. But thanks for explaining it to me. As I said before, my criticism of their site - or their decline as I see it - has nothing to do with me agreeing or not agreeing with them.

Personally I don't agree with them as the situation is different. Bellamy came back from international duty injured having been injured before hand but still played - Owen picked up his injury in training with NUFC.

62936[/snapback]

It's just that a restfor an injury prone player who is essential for Newcastle probably would have been not too bad. So it's frustrating to see a player fully fit for one side, but missing games for the other. But maybe it's just the better pitches the English team can use...

It frustrates the fuck out of me, but it's a risk that we must live with when we take on a player who plays for his country I'm afraid....

What's more frustrating is the nature of how he did it, not playing, not even training just simply kicking the ball into an empty net... ;)

Read my post again - it was his aggressive personality that was the cause of both his(and our) success and downfall.

Bellamy was a success (briefly) because he was an odious aggressive shitbag who got under his opponents' skin.

Bellamy left because he was an odious aggressive shitbag who got under his manager's skin.

Shola scored against the Mackems despite being a donkey, not because of it.

See the difference?

62912[/snapback]

Exactly, being a horrible little cunt is part of his game, winding up the opposition, putting them off their game. Having the confidence and arrogance to run at defenders. How many times did people say before "he's an arsehole, but I'm glad he's our arsehole"?

62929[/snapback]

Have I missed it or have I said something which follows your theory, but misses your opinion?

62939[/snapback]

Well, I was struggling to see how your examples match Luke's, too. One takes examples where success is by far outweighing the negative aspects. The other takes examples where the negative aspects are by far outweighing the "success".

What's the chances of going a single week without talking about Bellamy?

He was never that good for us to keep harping on about him.

He's gone get over it and get on with your life.

62486[/snapback]

Like it or not DK...myself and others are commenting on the fact we are a far worse side without him, when this subject crops we are stating the reason why we are a worse side without him, and will probably continue to do so until we are at least matching the results and league position we had under Bobby Robson, because until that happens...his sale isn't justified in any shape or form whatsoever.

62569[/snapback]

We are also a worse side for allowing Jackie Milburn/Malcolm McDonald/Peter Beardsley/Chris Waddle/Gazza to leave. Are you going to start involving them in every discussion too?

completely different circumstances regarding all of those. We were a shit club, Beardsley, Waddle and Gazza all wanted to go. Bellamy didn't, he was forced out, and the difference is that it was the managers decision, for non football reasons, and he was wrong.

Week after week, game after game, we are seeing these excuses for top premiership players ie Ameobi, Chopra playing for Newcastle, and all because fuckwit sold Bellamy.

See my previous post, rather than I repeat it again.

And - we were better off when MacDonald was sold. The manager sold him for football related reasons, and he was proved right.

I have no objection to having a discussion about the relative merits or otherwise about our team at different points in time if that's what you want but this thread, correct me if I'm wrong, was about the fact that Owen is injured for tonights game and the decision to sell Bellamy is not relevant.

but it developed into a debate about players feigning injury .......

As it happens I agree with you that what went on with Bellamy wasn't in the best interest of the team.  His pace and energy up front are sadly missed at the moment and whatever benefit we may have gained in increased dressing room morale doesn't in my opinion make up for it.  Not to mention the fact that the manner of his exit cost us millions in his transfer value. 

so why are you disagreeing with me ?

But this has been done to death and I don't see the point of continuing to include it in almost every thread.

62915[/snapback]

true, but moving on [and accepting lower standards] is exactly what fuckwit Souness and his rent boys in his dugout want us to do.

Edited by LeazesMag

62912[/snapback]

62929[/snapback]

62939[/snapback]

Well, I was struggling to see how your examples match Luke's, too. One takes examples where success is by far outweighing the negative aspects. The other takes examples where the negative aspects are by far outweighing the "success".

62955[/snapback]

And I think the Bellamy situation is the latter of the two scenarios you outline. And before you reply, I know you don't agree with me! :angry:

face it Craig, we are worse off without him, the manager has cost us a fortune to massage his ego, and taken the team backwards to go with it, and you know it.

62570[/snapback]

I will conceed that we're in a worse position than we were 2 years ago. But I won't agree that Craig Bellamy is the sole, or even primary reason for this - in fact I'd argue that he is one of the reasons we went into decline...

62588[/snapback]

He was one of if not the most prominent reasons we were in that position to decline from in the first place tbh.

62891[/snapback]

spot on. He was the player who made THE difference. And now he's been kicked out, we are back to where we were before he came, a mid table side relying on one mans goals to stay above the relegation strugglers.

face it Craig, we are worse off without him, the manager has cost us a fortune to massage his ego, and taken the team backwards to go with it, and you know it.

62570[/snapback]

I will conceed that we're in a worse position than we were 2 years ago. But I won't agree that Craig Bellamy is the sole, or even primary reason for this - in fact I'd argue that he is one of the reasons we went into decline...

62588[/snapback]

He was one of if not the most prominent reasons we were in that position to decline from in the first place tbh.

62891[/snapback]

spot on. He was the player who made THE difference. And now he's been kicked out, we are back to where we were before he came, a mid table side relying on one mans goals to stay above the relegation strugglers.

63226[/snapback]

Are you still bubbling about Bellamy? ;)

62570[/snapback]

62588[/snapback]

62891[/snapback]

63226[/snapback]

Are you still bubbling about Bellamy? :unsure:

63231[/snapback]

no. The state of Newcastle United. Why aren't you ?

Surely once Souness goes we can buy him back, it's not like he's burnt his bridges or anything :unsure:

63234[/snapback]

it will be interesting to see the amouont of double u- turns .......

LM crying about Bellamy AGAIN.

62542[/snapback]

As I said to Gemmill ........ about Newcastle.

Shame that everyone hadn't called Souness correctly, on the basis of his track record and how he treated Bellamy, as myself and some others did, we may have got rid of him instead you know ....

62542[/snapback]

Shame that everyone hadn't called Souness correctly, on the basis of his track record and how he treated Bellamy, as myself and some others did, we may have got rid of him instead you know ....

63592[/snapback]

I don't think anyone really thought he was the answer Leazes, apart from a few divvies (two of whom sit behind me at the match). He was an unpopular choice and has subsequently failed to win people over. What particularly bugs me is that, had he kept Bellamy and Robert happy for just last season, I honestly think we would have won the UEFA Cup. But he couldn't even manage that. The only reason I, albeit grudgingly, gave him a chance is because:

1) I thought we were stuck with him for a while so we might aswell try and get behind him.

2) We were desperate for a bit of stability at the club.

62542[/snapback]

63592[/snapback]

I don't think anyone really thought he was the answer Leazes, apart from a few divvies (two of whom sit behind me at the match). He was an unpopular choice and has subsequently failed to win people over. What particularly bugs me is that, had he kept Bellamy and Robert happy for just last season, I honestly think we would have won the UEFA Cup. But he couldn't even manage that. The only reason I, albeit grudgingly, gave him a chance is because:

1) I thought we were stuck with him for a while so we might aswell try and get behind him.

2) We were desperate for a bit of stability at the club.

63708[/snapback]

3. You thought he would get us into the CL.

:unsure:

When he was appointed, I immediately thought he was the wrong choice, but I was prepared to give him a chance particularly as the discipline within the club was shocking and urgently needed addressing.

He's never filled any potential there may have been and it's for that reason I think he has to go. I've never supported or praised the man individually and have never thought he was the right man to manage us, but I have feared sacking him at the wrong time and it ultimately causing us further problems.

I don't hate the man, I don't wish him any harm and I actually don't dislike him - I just don't think he's the right man for us. I read somewhere that Souness has deliberately destroyed NUFC - don't agree with that, I think he's made every decision thinking it's with the club's best interests at heart when the plain and simple truth is he is simply not good enough.

When he was appointed, I immediately thought he was the wrong choice, but I was prepared to give him a chance particularly as the discipline within the club was shocking and urgently needed addressing.

He's never filled any potential there may have been and it's for that reason I think he has to go. I've never supported or praised the man individually and have never thought he was the right man to manage us, but I have feared sacking him at the wrong time and it ultimately causing us further problems.

I don't hate the man, I don't wish him any harm and I actually don't dislike him - I just don't think he's the right man for us. I read somewhere that Souness has deliberately destroyed NUFC - don't agree with that, I think he's made every decision thinking it's with the club's best interests at heart when the plain and simple truth is he is simply not good enough.

63713[/snapback]

How the fuck can anyone really believe that? It's quite obvious how much this is hurting him!