Owen out again

East Stander

LM crying about Bellamy AGAIN.

62542[/snapback]

As I said to Gemmill ........ about Newcastle.

Shame that everyone hadn't called Souness correctly, on the basis of his track record and how he treated Bellamy, as myself and some others did, we may have got rid of him instead you know ....

63592[/snapback]

I don't think anyone really thought he was the answer Leazes, apart from a few divvies (two of whom sit behind me at the match). He was an unpopular choice and has subsequently failed to win people over. What particularly bugs me is that, had he kept Bellamy and Robert happy for just last season, I honestly think we would have won the UEFA Cup. But he couldn't even manage that. The only reason I, albeit grudgingly, gave him a chance is because:

1) I thought we were stuck with him for a while so we might aswell try and get behind him.

2) We were desperate for a bit of stability at the club.

63708[/snapback]

Yep, I think we were right to at least give him a chance, but he's had over a year now, and we seem to be playing worse and worse as time has passed. Wigan during the week is the straw that broke the Camels back for me like. We were talking to two Liverpool die hards up for the mackem game on Wednesday morning who said we should get rid of Souness asap. Reckoned they played awful football under him and he set them back a decade by bringing in 'proper' players.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he was appointed, I immediately thought he was the wrong choice, but I was prepared to give him a chance particularly as the discipline within the club was shocking and urgently needed addressing.

He's never filled any potential there may have been and it's for that reason I think he has to go. I've never supported or praised the man individually and have never thought he was the right man to manage us, but I have feared sacking him at the wrong time and it ultimately causing us further problems.

I don't hate the man, I don't wish him any harm and I actually don't dislike him - I just don't think he's the right man for us. I read somewhere that Souness has deliberately destroyed NUFC - don't agree with that, I think he's made every decision thinking it's with the club's best interests at heart when the plain and simple truth is he is simply not good enough.

63713[/snapback]

How the fuck can anyone really believe that? It's quite obvious how much this is hurting him!

63716[/snapback]

Aye that's out of order like. I think he's basically a decent bloke who's got his faults but who really wanted to succeed in this job. I think he now knows it's too big for him and that he doesn't know what to do to put things right.

Aye that's out of order like.  I think he's basically a decent bloke who's got his faults but who really wanted to succeed in this job.  I think he now knows it's too big for him and that he doesn't know what to do to put things right.

63718[/snapback]

Shevchenko and his resignation?

I sort of agree with you on Souness, he means well but I still reckon he's a bit of a bully.

Same here, I don't hate Souness the person and I actually think he comes across as a decent bloke. It's just that it was evident from Day One that he is an absolutely hopeless manager and the wrong man for the job.

Edited by Bombadil

I think some fans get very frustrated at other fans because they feel that if we all agreed that Souness had to go then this would magically happen.

This is just wishful thinking IMO. He'll go when and if Shearer wants him to and Shearer appears to be above criticism for the majority of home based/Geordie NUFC supporters.

I think some fans get very frustrated at other fans because they feel that if we all agreed that Souness had to go then this would magically happen.

This is just wishful thinking IMO. He'll go when and if Shearer wants him to and Shearer appears to be above criticism for the majority of home based/Geordie NUFC supporters.

63838[/snapback]

I don't think that's the case re: Shearer mate, especially re: his recent performances.

He was a right twat as a player and I can imagine he's a bit of a bastid when it comes to man management. If hiss arm comes towards you it's less likely to hug you and more likely to knock your teeth out I should imagine.

The perfect scenario is that Rangers sack McLeish and ask permission to speak to Souness, which is highly plausible.

People will always go on about his past performances (back when he was good), how he loves the club, bleeds black & white (because he's a Geordie), really knows good football, is a great laugh, tremendous help to the youngsters so must make a great manager in the making despite him greatly admiring managers like Dalgleish, Venables and Souness.

Anyway, i actually like Alan Shearer and would want him to stay at the club in a coaching role but far away from the first team, young'uns and then maybe reserves until he proves himself while Hitzfeld guides the over-paid lot to reaching their potential.

Won't happen i reckon. Shepherd would love to be at least liked by the Newcastle people after his and Dougie Hall's antics and has aligned himself with Shearer who is incredibly popular in the hope that some of the admiration might shift to him by proxy. So Shearer for manager and about 5 years to get it right, after Souness is going to get 2 years and he's practically hated!

That's my humble opinion. :unsure:

People will always go on about his past performances (back when he was good), how he loves the club, bleeds black & white (because he's a Geordie), really knows good football, is a great laugh, tremendous help to the youngsters so must make a great manager in the making despite him greatly admiring managers like Dalgleish, Venables and Souness.

Anyway, i actually like Alan Shearer and would want him to stay at the club in a coaching role but far away from the first team, young'uns and then maybe reserves until he proves himself while Hitzfeld guides the over-paid lot to reaching their potential.

Won't happen i reckon. Shepherd would love to be at least liked by the Newcastle people after his and Dougie Hall's antics and has aligned himself with Shearer who is incredibly popular in the hope that some of the admiration might shift to him by proxy. So Shearer for manager and about 5 years to get it right, after Souness is going to get 2 years and he's practically hated!

That's my humble opinion. :unsure:

63844[/snapback]

You're right, people will always go on about that, but it doesn't mean the majority of toon fans, wherever they're from are blind to the fact he's finished.

Tbh the closest i get to Geordies (in the flesh) is talking to them in the pub while watching a game so i take that as my study group, allow for some standard deviation and make blind prejudice guesses about the rest from then ;)

However, in the pub, all you ever hear is: Shearer could still 'do a job if everyone gave him the right kind of ball' What do they mean by this? A beach ball??

'Hard lines Alan' as he struggles to make it to the edge of the box when Zoggy crossed it in.

'Knowing the kind of man he is, he'll be a great manager, just you wait and see'

Bryan Robson, Ray Wilkins, Terry Butcher, Glen Hoddle, Carlton Palmer.......the last one's a joke..........honest.

Just blind Shearer love flowing through Geordie exiles drinking in south london pubs.

Hope they're right because i reckon Fat Freddy is of the same mind :unsure:

Where's a safe pub in South London to be a Newcastle fan, anyway? Just for future reference, like - my fella lives out Brockley/Forest Hill way, and I'm sure some of that's Millwall territory so I wouldn't want to risk it if I was there when we were on Sky... :unsure: