Owen out again

East Stander

Remember when Bellamy missed about 2 months for Newcastle, then went off for 2 weeks with the Welsh national squad without having kicking a ball with Newcastle since his injury?

Funny this has never been brought up.

62460[/snapback]

no I don't, i do remember a Wales game being the first one for a while after had been on the way back, then coming back injured.

Cast your mind back to what we said about Mark Hughes complaining about players coming back to Blackburn injured from international duty, if you're not sure about it

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injured again, what a surprise.

62395[/snapback]

So what should we have done? Looked into our crystal balls and see that he was going to get injured and therefore not bought him?

Of course, this would never have happened if SBR was still in charge ;)

62424[/snapback]

If SBR was still in charge, we would still have a player who played in 54 premiership games in 18 months, while still carrying a painful knee injury .....

Has since been accused by people inside the club of feigning injury and being a "cancer"

62455[/snapback]

Bellamy is injury prone too tbh.

62457[/snapback]

maybe he was, but he showed a lot more appetite to play for Newcastle than Owen has so far, and others too.

Would you call that a "bad influence", No I don't think so.

62463[/snapback]

Bollocks!

Craig Bellamy was me, me, me.....

"If this club signs Wayne Rooney then I'm off!!"

Michael Owen has a groin strain for fuck's sake - Bellamy declared himself 'injured' in order that he could talk to the chairman - BIG difference!

Remember when Bellamy missed about 2 months for Newcastle, then went off for 2 weeks with the Welsh national squad without having kicking a ball with Newcastle since his injury?

62460[/snapback]

Precisely....

62464[/snapback]

you can't argue with playing 18 months with a knee far from being 100% healthy

Bellamy wanted to play and win for Newcastle more than most players on the books, and showed more desire than everyone on the pitch, and you know it.

well I would have thought that as Owen is coming back from an injury, the last thing we would want was for him to be rushed back. Knowing that's what usually happens and would end up with him being out till january.

or am I being naive?

62395[/snapback]

So what should we have done? Looked into our crystal balls and see that he was going to get injured and therefore not bought him?

62424[/snapback]

If SBR was still in charge, we would still have a player who played in 54 premiership games in 18 months, while still carrying a painful knee injury .....

Has since been accused by people inside the club of feigning injury and being a "cancer"

62455[/snapback]

62457[/snapback]

maybe he was, but he showed a lot more appetite to play for Newcastle than Owen has so far, and others too.

62463[/snapback]

Bollocks!

Michael Owen has a groin strain for fuck's sake - Bellamy declared himself 'injured' in order that he could talk to the chairman - BIG difference!

62466[/snapback]

and Shearer said the same under Gullit ? And Rob Lee would have gone too ?

Please explain the difference.

Also, please explain if you think its alright for players not to be bothered if they play or not, why we don't buy more Marcelinos ?

Bellamy wanted to play and win for Newcastle more than most players on the books

62467[/snapback]

If there was even a modicum of truth in that he'd have kept his trap shut and let the football do the talking.....

62395[/snapback]

62424[/snapback]

62455[/snapback]

62457[/snapback]

62463[/snapback]

Bollocks!

62466[/snapback]

Also, please explain if you think its alright for players not to be bothered if they play or not, why we don't buy more Marcelinos ?

62470[/snapback]

When did Shearer stand before a TV camera and state that?? As for Rob Lee, you're speculating. Bellamy actually said that..

62460[/snapback]

Precisely....

62464[/snapback]

Bellamy wanted to play and win for Newcastle more than most players on the books, and showed more desire than everyone on the pitch, and you know it.

62467[/snapback]

I assume Bellamy was playing on the basis of medical advice he was given. A knee injury is completely different to a muscular ailment like Owen has. If you play with a groin strain it will get worse, in the case of an injury like Bellamy's it is possible to play on until surgery is required (in his case) or the injury cures itself. I'm not saying Bellamy wasn't committed to the cause, he was, but you can't really compare the two injuries.

"If Wayne Rooney comes I will have to review my position because I am not sitting on the bench anywhere."

Yep. Always had what was best for the club in his heart did Wor Craig.

62472[/snapback]

As I said, if you think you want players who don't show desire to play for the club...Marcelino should be your idol, and Bellamy could easily have feigned being injured !!

I bet the irony is lost here ....

The double standards is mind boggling

'I like Wayne Rooney a lot because he's a great player. He's my sort of player and it would be great for the club, but no good for Craig Bellamy.

'If he does come, I will have to consider my position.'

But if he wanted what was best for the club, surely having Rooney would have been better for us?

62460[/snapback]

Precisely....

62464[/snapback]

62467[/snapback]

I assume Bellamy was playing on the basis of medical advice he was given. A knee injury is completely different to a muscular ailment like Owen has. If you play with a groin strain it will get worse, in the case of an injury like Bellamy's it is possible to play on until surgery is required (in his case) or the injury cures itself. I'm not saying Bellamy wasn't committed to the cause, he was, but you can't really compare the two injuries.

62475[/snapback]

The medical advice he was given was, having played a game and his knee swelled up afterwards, to play one game a week, any more would have serious repercussions to his career. Doesn't sound much like a guy who was trying to get out of playing for the club to me.

But again, it depends how you want to look at it. Some of us are looking at the facts, while others are blinded by Souness' lies and spin, which they didn't even think of, while Bobby Robson was here, about a player who has always given the club everything.

For turning against a player who you accepted his faults when he was here, ie his mouth [nothing to do with his playing ability] shame on you all. If everyone had seen through Souness charade earlier, we may have got rid of him ages ago.

62395[/snapback]

62424[/snapback]

62455[/snapback]

62457[/snapback]

62463[/snapback]

Bollocks!

62466[/snapback]

62470[/snapback]

When did Shearer stand before a TV camera and state that?? As for Rob Lee, you're speculating. Bellamy actually said that..

62474[/snapback]

Shearer has stated on many occasions that if Gullit had stayed and he was out of the team, he would have no choice but to leave. Which is exactly the same as Bellamy said.

62460[/snapback]

Precisely....

62464[/snapback]

62467[/snapback]

62475[/snapback]

The medical advice he was given was, having played a game and his knee swelled up afterwards, to play one game a week, any more would have serious repercussions to his career. Doesn't sound much like a guy who was trying to get out of playing for the club to me.

But again, it depends how you want to look at it. Some of us are looking at the facts, while others are blinded by Souness' lies and spin, which they didn't even think of, while Bobby Robson was here, about a player who has always given the club everything.

For turning against a player who you accepted his faults when he was here, ie his mouth [nothing to do with his playing ability] shame on you all. If everyone had seen through Souness charade earlier, we may have got rid of him ages ago.

62480[/snapback]

Leazes mate, I'm not having a go at Bellamy, just pointing out you can't compare the two injuries, that's all. In fairness, Owen has yet to prove the sort of commitment to the NUFC cause we saw from Bellamy.

62395[/snapback]

62424[/snapback]

62455[/snapback]

62457[/snapback]

62463[/snapback]

Bollocks!

62466[/snapback]

62470[/snapback]

62474[/snapback]

Shearer has stated on many occasions that if Gullit had stayed and he was out of the team, he would have no choice but to leave. Which is exactly the same as Bellamy said.

62482[/snapback]

The BIG difference being that Shearer was talking retrospectively...

He'd never have said it at the the time but then that's the professionalism of the man.

Don't remember Shearer ever publically calling his manager a liar either, or Owne for that matter :angry:

What a lot of people seem to forget is that from March 1999 upto the Sheff Wed 8-0 game in September, is that Shearer only scored one goal which was a penalty. This wasn't the 35-year old, overthehill Shearer of today, this was the 29-30 year old England number 9 in his prime. Paul Robinson was banging them in for the reserves.

Any difference between that, and the prospect of Chopra being picked instead of Ameobi?

62395[/snapback]

62424[/snapback]

Why do you always come up with the same shit comments?

62446[/snapback]

You're the one who appears to think the Robson could do no wrong and that we'd be better off if he hadn't been sack if I'm not mistaken??

Souness was NOT the right man to replace him, but that doesn't detract from the point that Robson had to go - tbh he should have been relieved of his duties 3 months before he actually was!

62449[/snapback]

Hardly anybody is disputing the fact that Robson's time was over and that another solution should have been found. Replacing him with Souness still was a huge mistake. But I fail to see what all this has to do with Owen picking up another injury. And it was you who was linking these two totally non-related topics.

Edited by Isegrim

The annoying thing is that when he sacked Robson, FFS didn't have anyone lined up. This was apparent since Souness was 3rd, 4th, 5th choice depending on who you believe. All of which begs the question, did Shepherd have an idea as to who was going to replace Robson had he lasted to the end of his final season. I think we all know the answer is: probably not.

62395[/snapback]

62424[/snapback]

62455[/snapback]

62457[/snapback]

62463[/snapback]

Bollocks!

62466[/snapback]

62470[/snapback]

62474[/snapback]

62482[/snapback]

The BIG difference being that Shearer was talking retrospectively...

He'd never have said it at the the time but then that's the professionalism of the man.

Don't remember Shearer ever publically calling his manager a liar either, or Owne for that matter :angry:

62487[/snapback]

Your right he never publically did anything. His side still got into the press though.

He did do the same, he was just a bit brighter than Bellamy. You could say slyer if thats the way you want to look at it