Quick player identifivation needed - Leeds striker

NJS

Black player complete donkey (not Yeboah) who scored late winner for Leeds that meant we finished 6th instead of 5th in 94/95

The usual driving me mad - can anyone think of his name?

Black player complete donkey (not Yeboah) who scored late winner for Leeds that meant we finished 6th instead of 5th in 94/95

Brian Deane?

Brian Deane?

Yep - cheers

Brian Deane?

Yep - cheers

No problemo. Won an England cap under Graham Taylor as well didn't he? Or am I just imagining that? Jesus wept if he did.

Did he play for the Mackems at one point? That's in my head for some reason.

EDIT: Wiki says aye, thought as much. Bit of a journeyman like but the shite players always are.

Was actually an effective player at Sheff Utd then Leeds bought him as 'the new Lee Chapman'. Even 'funnier', if you like, is how Howard Wilkinson came to be so well regarded at the FA. Last English manager to win the league like.

Brian Deane?

Yep - cheers

No problemo. Won an England cap under Graham Taylor as well didn't he? Or am I just imagining that? Jesus wept if he did.

His sister was the solicitor for manchester chidrens' services when my nephews got taken into care too. A propos of nothing, but surreal all the same.

Brian Deane?

Yep - cheers

His sister was the solicitor for manchester chidrens' services when my nephews got taken into care too. A propos of nothing, but surreal all the same.

Missed opportunity there: could've shouted that at him at a match...

Brian Deane?

Yep - cheers

Missed opportunity there: could've shouted that at him at a match...

:)

This was last year like-he'd not been near a football pitch in 10 years. And rightly so.

iirc we'd have been in Europe anyway had the blue dippers not beaten Man Utd in the Cup Final.

I suppose this shows how much my hatred of Man Utd has mellowed (though still strong) but I can remember being quite pleased they lost - with an "if we'd deserved Europe we would have finished high enough" disclaimer.