As the door slams shut....CALM DOWN!

sammynb

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to look at our options should Carroll get injured before turning your nose up at someone like Heskey.

Wasn't that supposed to be Best?

Apart from his being injured I think that more than makes my point ;)

Seriously did people not see Heskey in our game against that claret twats the other day?

Or even the WC?

By the same token Rooney is worse.

Scored on Saturday though, didn't he?

Goes to show one bad egg doesn't make a bad chicken then doesn't it.

Seriously did people not see Heskey in our game against that claret twats the other day?

Or even the WC?

To true.

Heskey is still shite ;)

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I remember Heskey scoring against the toon for Leicester in 1997 when we won 4-3, totally bullied Peacock and Albert ran through the middle of them one on one with the keeper but blasted it from 20 yards through Pav's legs, what a goal. I repeat he's a very good player who thrives on confidence, and withers when there's all out attacks on him. A better version of Bramble in a different position imo.

Or even the WC?

To true.

Heskey is still shite ;)

Hardly matches up with our transfer criteria like.

Having pledged to bring in only young, cheap players with a liklihood to improve it would be a strange thing to bring in 32 year old Heskey in addition to 35 year old Campbell

1142: One rumour flying about is that young Man City defender Dedryck Boyata is being tracked by Norwich City, with Newcastle and Leeds keeping a very close eye on developments.

I remember Heskey scoring against the toon for Leicester in 1997 when we won 4-3, totally bullied Peacock and Albert ran through the middle of them one on one with the keeper but blasted it from 20 yards through Pav's legs, what a goal. I repeat he's a very good player who thrives on confidence, and withers when there's all out attacks on him. A better version of Bramble in a different position imo.

He was quality that day but it was a lifetime ago in terms of a footballer's career.

I can't help but think Heskey would wilt under pressure of playing at SJP. At 32 he might well be finished. Or he might come good as Stevie reckons but it seems like too much of a risk to me. Plus we have a zillion strikers so would Ashley approve a move anyway? That's if Villa are prepared to let him go anyway.

Although him being a donkey and largely shit at football...

I'd take him if it were a small fee (under 1m) and we took him on a 1 year contract with wages of under £10,000 p/w (or year long loan)

He could provide good cover for Carroll and at least he can (just about) cut it in the prem...

At the end of the day- he's better than Shola and Best

Heskey - no thanks.

Mackems seem to be very close to getting Gyan. I kept hoping that deal would fall through because he has looked class whenever I've seen him.

I'd be ok with us not getting anyone else, but I'd hope to get this Boyata left-back on loan.

I've heard it's up to £15m for Gyan.

What a waste.

I liked him in the WC but at club level he's a bit erm average. Scored 50 in 155 and 10 of them were in Ghana so they were probably like playing the northern league. Could be a typical post world cup buy.

Transfer window over, we won't be signing anyone else, i promise thee that. Would've preferred another striker but meh, ben arfa, gosling, campbell, perch, tiote. Can't complain that much.

Are you happy with this summers wheelings and dealings?

Transfer window over, we won't be signing anyone else, i promise thee that. Would've preferred another striker but meh, ben arfa, gosling, campbell, perch, tiote. Can't complain that much.

Are you happy with this summers wheelings and dealings?

Given that stupid statement I wasn't expecting much if anything from this transfer window so as it stands I'm very happy. If Ben Arfa and Tiote turn out to be what they've been talked up as (and we have a reasonable injury time), I can see us getting up towards mid table saftey.