What's for lunch that's interesting or a bit different and isn't just a ham sandwich or some beetroot

wykikitoon

He's at home though!

A small step up from eating out of a bucket.

So am I :lol:

looks lush. pret are doing a very nice gazpacho, which i had today, as it happens.

Gazpacho is great, especially when it's nice out.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sauce gentleman is 0% fat Greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of pesto and a smidge of balsamic vinegar. The soft cheese is quark.

fuck 0% fat anything

From the BMJ:

Saturated fat has been demonised since the 1970s when a landmark study concluded that there was a correlation between incidence of coronary heart disease and total cholesterol, which then correlated with the percentage of calories provided by saturated fat, explains Malhotra. “But correlation is not causation,” he says. Nevertheless, we were advised to “reduce fat intake to 30% of total energy and a fall in saturated fat intake to 10%.”

He points out that recent studies “have not supported any significant association between saturated fat intake and risk of CVD.” Instead, saturated fat has been found to be protective.

Saturated fat isn't the problem. Diets with high sugar and transfats are. Coconut oil, one of the best sources of fat out there, is loaded with natural, untampered with saturated fat. I use it every day. Give me that over the hydrogenated vegetable oil you find in most low fat products. The billion dollar diet industry has a lot to answer for.

http://www.bmj.com/press-releases/2013/10/22/observations-saturated-fat-not-major-issue