What's for lunch that's interesting or a bit different and isn't just a ham sandwich or some beetroot

wykikitoon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped a drunk off in Pelton last night. Is that your neck of the woods? Was it you? :lol:

Miles away from me like, thats near Chester-le-St. If you drew a line from Durham to Consett I'm kinda in the middle.

Wensleydale with cranberries. Nice choice.

Roasted a chicken this morning, so having chicken sarnies for lunch, then making a Nigella chicken and sausage thing with potato gratin for tea. The missus made a Christmas cake which got iced yesterday and some of Nigella's Christmas rocky roads, so I'll be putting some of those away too.

rockyroads.jpg

The aforementioned Rocky Roads, yesterday.

Did an hour on the treadmill yesterday and the day before so just about keeping at bay all the food I've been eating.

Wensleydale with cranberries. Nice choice.

Roasted a chicken this morning, so having chicken sarnies for lunch, then making a Nigella chicken and sausage thing with potato gratin for tea. The missus made a Christmas cake which got iced yesterday and some of Nigella's Christmas rocky roads, so I'll be putting some of those away too.

rockyroads.jpg

The aforementioned Rocky Roads, yesterday.

Did an hour on the treadmill yesterday and the day before so just about keeping at bay all the food I've been eating.

Jamie well turfed this Xmas :lol:

Our lass is doing a Christmas dinner tonight for her family, then we're going to theirs tomorrow. Thank the Lord her mam has got a big Capon which she will roast with all the trimmings, she wants my help with the gravy. Us tonight? I don't know what the fuck she is up to, it involves foie gras starters, seviche, peeled roasted peppers, something with slices of magret of duck with pickles and speculos (???), all sorts going on in this kitchen.

I've not been running for over 10 days now but with my arse the way it is, am not that concerned about weight gain.

qu8y4uju.jpg

(Button Moon, pictured today)

Come to Daddy :lol:

bmbunting.jpg

(CT's kitchen worktop, pictured today)

:D

We all had a sausage sarnie for our dinners after I bought some bangers from a Butcher while I was out and about this morning. Roasted them in the oven and I just had mine with a bit of English mustard. Was a nice change.

bmbunting.jpg

(CT's kitchen worktop, pictured today)

:D

We all had a sausage sarnie for our dinners after I bought some bangers from a Butcher while I was out and about this morning. Roasted them in the oven and I just had mine with a bit of English mustard. Was a nice change.

:lol:

Had sausage and egg sarnie for Breakfast. Only Richmond, not fancy butcher jobs, but still nice.

Got serious heartburn now and only two hours away from a sit down Italian :(

:lol:

Had sausage and egg sarnie for Breakfast. Only Richmond, not fancy butcher jobs, but still nice.

Got serious heartburn now and only two hours away from a sit down Italian :(

Was a Butchers in the in-shops in Wallsend. Hardly fancy, like. :D (I had to nip out and get some fresh fruit and Veg from Tom Owens.)

• 3 weeks later...

Spicy tuna salad box from Baps in town. They've changed the shape of the box and I can't decide whether they're better or worse. :lol: Still tasty though.

I hope they're still as filling as usual because it's got to get me through the gym after work then home for tea.. which is soup.

Usual friday lunch. 200g white rice, 2 tins tuna with chilli flakes mixed in. An Apple. 20 Almonds.

Yeah, drooling now arent ya!

:lol: You see, i'm not overweight but am not trying to look like a model on the cover of Men's Health and reading that reminds me why!

:lol: You see, i'm not overweight but am not trying to look like a model on the cover of Men's Health and reading that reminds me why!

Im not either :lol:

But I really like tuna with chilli flakes so it matters not ;)

Thought Id have some Tuna and pasta and then remember Gemmil bleating on about that Nigelisima tuna and lemon jobby.

Couldnt stick to the true recipe due to what was in, but some tuna had sweetcorns, chilli powder, half a garlic clove, olive oil, lemon zest and juice and salt added to it then mixed with pasta shells.

Very nice.