What's for lunch that's interesting or a bit different and isn't just a ham sandwich or some beetroot

wykikitoon

It was a falafel platter that I had in Glasotnbury.

Pitta bread

Hummous

Yogurt dip

Falafels

Olives

Salad with tamarind & ginger dressing

Followed by a slice of carrot cake and washed down with Cammomile tea (don't say anything if you're reading this, Meenz :D ).

Fancy cakes for dessert?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im starting a total change of diet and lifestyle from today so its fresh fish, loads of veg, salads etc and litres of water for me.

:D

I dont understand people who have a poor diet tbh. You feel LOADS better when eating good food.

Im starting a total change of diet and lifestyle from today so its fresh fish, loads of veg, salads etc and litres of water for me.

:D

I dont understand people who have a poor diet tbh. You feel LOADS better when eating good food.

Because good food feels better after the event, but shit food feels better while you're eating it. Basically.

made pizzas from scratch today dough and all!

basic tomato/basil sauce, topped with mozzarella some spinich, mushrooms and prosciutto

Good effort Ant.

Is it pretty easy to do?

considerably easier than i thought it would be in honesty, the dough is no hassle at all, i do a fair bit of baking out of boredom at weekends and i'd say this is about is as basic as it gets.

Only thing i will say is unless you've got a proper pizza oven (which i don't) or some sort of fancy granite slate to stick it on in your oven, your best off baking the base with no toppings on it for a few minutes first then taking it out doing the toppings and lobbing it back in again, or it'll be a bit soft/soggy in the middle, (and use one of those round pizza trays with the holes so moisture can't gather)

You'll never buy a shop pizza again

Good on you.

And yes, it's far less hassle than you think.

Only thing i will say is unless you've got a proper pizza oven (which i don't) or some sort of fancy granite slate to stick it on in your oven, your best off baking the base with no toppings on it for a few minutes first then taking it out doing the toppings and lobbing it back in again, or it'll be a bit soft/soggy in the middle, (and use one of those round pizza trays with the holes so moisture can't gather)

Alternatively use lebanese bread for the base.

considerably easier than i thought it would be in honesty, the dough is no hassle at all, i do a fair bit of baking out of boredom at weekends and i'd say this is about is as basic as it gets.

Keep meaning to do this as I love pizza. You been to that Little Wing place in Belfast btw? It's spot on.

That the one just off corn market near Victoria square?

Keep meaning to try it, looked decent and stays open till 3am or something as well, must give it a a go next time i head into town.

That's the fella. Ann Street?

It's just got a really basic menu - does pizza garlic bread for starters, about 7 or 8 types of pizza and then lasagne & spag bol and that's it really. Cheap but decent wine list then only does a couple of deserts or something (tiramisu and maybe something else). Wood-fired oven as well and the pizzas are pretty authentic Italiano (really thin crusts). Nice, chiiled out atmosphere as well and they play a bit of 60s rock, Motown, that sort of thing.

Aye thats the one i was thinking of, i think there's a few of them opened up now though, nearly certain there is one on the Lisburn Road as well as up towards my work on the Newtownards road.

Must give it a go, very few decent places in town for pizza/italian tbh, Scalini's is nice enough, but the other ones around botanic avenue like Cafe Renoir and Speranza's aren't great at all.

Aye, it's funny because you can't get moved for Italians in Newcastle so I find it a bit strange.

Aye, it's funny because you can't get moved for Italians in Newcastle so I find it a bit strange.

It amazed me that I couldnt find an Italians when I was in Belfast for a night, ended up in bloody La Tasco in some shopping centre which was decidedly average :D

EDIT: And I too made home made pizza last night, nothing beats a home made base. Try boiled egg on them :D

Aye thats the one i was thinking of, i think there's a few of them opened up now though, nearly certain there is one on the Lisburn Road as well as up towards my work on the Newtownards road.

Must give it a go, very few decent places in town for pizza/italian tbh, Scalini's is nice enough, but the other ones around botanic avenue like Cafe Renoir and Speranza's aren't great at all.

Is there anywhere you'd recommend? Me and wor lass love a nice Italian (fnar) and are looking for somewhere new.

We're fans of Amicis in Forest Hall otherwise theres a good (but expensive one) at the top of Gosforth High Street (I think its called Adriannos).

Theres also a fantastic Italian deli/ cafe at the top of Heaton Road (just round corner from Paddy Freemans) called Dean and Daniellas which does great pasta salads and sliced pizza.

It amazed me that I couldnt find an Italians when I was in Belfast for a night, ended up in bloody La Tasco in some shopping centre which was decidedly average :lol:

EDIT: And I too made home made pizza last night, nothing beats a home made base. Try boiled egg on them :lol:

Now youre talking!

It amazed me that I couldnt find an Italians when I was in Belfast for a night, ended up in bloody La Tasco in some shopping centre which was decidedly average :lol:

EDIT: And I too made home made pizza last night, nothing beats a home made base. Try boiled egg on them :lol:

Now youre talking!

A couple or three minutes before your pizza is done, crack a raw egg in the middle.

Put it back in oven , ready when the White is just set, yolk still runny.

Burst the yolk and spread it over the pizza.

Gorgeous.

• 2 months later...
I think I'll have a couple boiled eggs and granary toast soldiers today.

Poached eggs on granary toast is clearly the better (and less juvenile) option. :icon_lol:

Well yeah I like poached eggs on toast especially with a couple rashers of bacon underneath the eggs :lol: But dont spoil my fun Bianca :razz:

Homemade broth and Tiger bread.

HomerDrool.png

I like Tiger bread ( if its Tescos as the other shops variety doesnt taste the same) Sometimes though, its not cooked enough and is doughy :lol:

I think I will have a go at making my own bread next week.