What's for lunch that's interesting or a bit different and isn't just a ham sandwich or some beetroot

wykikitoon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowt wrong with Gourmet Burger. If it's a fresh 100% beefburger with chips I don't see the point in paying twice as much to have it in a boutique restaurant cos the waiter has tattoos and a tash, they can't give you a 110% beefburger can they?

GBK burgers cost more than the MEATmission ones.

Don't McDonalds alsoclaim to have 100% beef?

I bet you feel like shit after. If I have a takeaway curry these days, I wake up with what is basically a low grade hangover.

Yep. You also get that pleased with yourself but guilty feeling. Like the post-wank shame.

Can't say I've ever had the pleasure of MEATmission :lol:

Really? But you dismissed them as overpriced boutique restaurants...

Unlike you to have an opinion without knowing the details

;)

Aye, I was just saying the other day that the wedding season almost killed me this year.

patrick-stewart-double-facepalm.png?w=56

I bet you feel like shit after. If I have a takeaway curry these days, I wake up with what is basically a low grade hangover.

hearing you there gemmill. it's the salt content that does it for me. i usually walk up in the night totaly dehydrated, then lie awake groaning as the indigestion kicks in.

i'm pining for wedding season. it was a rare occasion when all my mates got together and got hammered. never happens these days - there's always some who can't get a babysitter or permission from the wife. we'll have to wait until the divorce parties start rolling around.

i know a lad whose mates from home organise a yearly "blag do". they tell their wives an old mate's getting hitched and they feel obliged to go away for the stag weekend. i don't think i'd have the gall to try that one :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

7 so far this year, another 2 to go.

To be honest it's less about going to a nice place for a nice day, it's the cost. My lass has had to pay to go on 4 or 5 Hen Dos (I forget how many) and a few "just a fun bridesmaid day before the wedding"s. Cost her a fortune. c£400 for each Hen Do, then the day itself costs c£100 all in. I daren't look what kind of holiday we could have gone on if we'd not spunked it all on other people's "special day".

I had to duck out of a couple of stag-dos and a wedding because of the cost.

Edited by The Fish

To be honest it's less about going to a nice place for a nice day, it's the cost. My lass has had to pay to go on 4 or 5 Hen Dos (I forget how many) and a few "just a fun bridesmaid day before the wedding"s. Cost her a fortune. c£400 for each Hen Do, then the day itself costs c£100 all in. I daren't look what kind of holiday we could have gone on if we'd not spunked it all on other people's "special day".

Nobody has to go to these things. Stop talking shite

Nobody has to go to these things. Stop talking shite

Aye I could sack off mates' weddings, but I like having mates...

While I've had brilliant nights, I can still moan about the cost. Especially when some of the happy couples choose to have a wedding miles away from everywhere at a venue that holds no significant meaning to them other than it's pretty.

enjoy it while it lasts is my advice. it soon dies a death when you and all your mates hit mid to late thirties, then the quest to find a weekend when you can all get together for some quality bantz continues.

enjoy it while it lasts is my advice. it soon dies a death when you and all your mates hit mid to late thirties, then the quest to find a weekend when you can all get together for some quality bantz continues.

We've managed to have a stag-do anniversary for about 5 years. The tradition has lasted longer than his marriage :lol: