Gazza reveals his regret over St James' exit

shackbleep

It might have been Alex who mentioned this, but about a year ago, a very large proportion of Newcastle Online were getting stuck in to Keegan in a very vicious way. Why does it attract such a volume of clueless twats???? If the local poster to outside ratio is 1:3 on here, has to be 1:6 on there and that's just the mods, and whether we like it or not these boards represent Newcastle United in some way.

whats being a newcastle fan from newcastle or being a newcastle fan not from newcastle got to do with whether you appreciate keegan?

It doesn't really, but it did seem that a lot of the patter slagging Keegan off was from young foreign idiots who got their understanding of Keegan from reading papers and believing the Keegan the quitter quits again line that was being peddled.

Which is where Stevie is coming from. I mean I don't get annoyed about stuff I read on message boards, but some of the stuff completely dismissing Keegan from know nowt 20 year olds from fucking Sweden or Singapore was pretty infuriating.

Some from Leeds, Histon, fuckin Chester Le Street, Cramlington and fuckin South Shields iirc. I couldn't care less about what the foreign cunts think, but when it's people from the NE oh dear.

I don't remember the opposition, u mite Stevie, but we beat them 2-0 it was early nineties and Steve Howey was a striker and scored both from crosses from Alan Thompson, I think Steve Watson got a game and that young cm from gateshead - Kevin Scott was captain and we were utter shite and doomed for relegation but that was a highlight of the season so far - if you didn't know the low point that we had reached and the inevitable abyss into which we were about to fall then you cannot appreciate the brilliance of Keegans managerial ability and Halls financial nouse.

I think I'll stay out of this !!!!

:jesuswept:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might have been Alex who mentioned this, but about a year ago, a very large proportion of Newcastle Online were getting stuck in to Keegan in a very vicious way. Why does it attract such a volume of clueless twats???? If the local poster to outside ratio is 1:3 on here, has to be 1:6 on there and that's just the mods, and whether we like it or not these boards represent Newcastle United in some way.

whats being a newcastle fan from newcastle or being a newcastle fan not from newcastle got to do with whether you appreciate keegan?

It doesn't really, but it did seem that a lot of the patter slagging Keegan off was from young foreign idiots who got their understanding of Keegan from reading papers and believing the Keegan the quitter quits again line that was being peddled.

Which is where Stevie is coming from. I mean I don't get annoyed about stuff I read on message boards, but some of the stuff completely dismissing Keegan from know nowt 20 year olds from fucking Sweden or Singapore was pretty infuriating.

Some from Leeds, Histon, fuckin Chester Le Street, Cramlington and fuckin South Shields iirc. I couldn't care less about what the foreign cunts think, but when it's people from the NE oh dear.

I don't remember the opposition, u mite Stevie, but we beat them 2-0 it was early nineties and Steve Howey was a striker and scored both from crosses from Alan Thompson, I think Steve Watson got a game and that young cm from gateshead - Kevin Scott was captain and we were utter shite and doomed for relegation but that was a highlight of the season so far - if you didn't know the low point that we had reached and the inevitable abyss into which we were about to fall then you cannot appreciate the brilliance of Keegans managerial ability and Halls financial nouse.

I think I'll stay out of this !!!!

:jesuswept:

:icon_lol:

Keegan is a tacticless bottleless cunt

I do still wonder whether you're Dekka.

His WUMery isn't subtle enough to be Llambias.

he's certainly stupid enough

The irony sirens just broke the sound barrier :D

Look at Fabregas, he was signed at 15, as the Arsenal even had scouts in the Spanish under 16 leagues. How much would it cost to employ even 20 scouts around the world? £2m a year max? It would be worth it. One £10m player would pay for it every 5 years. Fuck sake when you've spent £43m on Owen over 4 years, what's £2m?

Aye, so true, especially when you put it in those terms. I have it on good authority Alan Carr's fatha has a few contacts btw :D

It doesn't make any sense. Even if you're a penny pinching bellend like Ashley you must see the value in a comprehensive Scout network. I don't want to be a selling club, but if you can cherry pick players and foster a reputation for a club where hopeful youngsters will get their chance then, even if you sell 80% of the kids and keep only the very best, you can still make a £100k here and there which would, in itsel,f pay for the scouts who found them in the first place.

and given the new 25 man squad rules, it makes sense to have a pool of talent that are home grown to pick from.

Losing Gazza and Waddle and Pedro was awful, but so too was missing out on the likes of Carrick and Shearer. We clearly have an area which can produce good footballers, despite his flaws Shola is a good player (in comparison to the rest of the leagues), Chopra, even players like Bradley Orr and the like. With a better network we could even fund signing the marquee players that would take us to the next level, while still cultivating our own back yard.

In regards to Newcastle Keegan has a certain duality about him, you can't support a contemporary Newcastle United without believing in something that is intrinsically his. When he came back one of the first things he said was ''I watched this place grow up around me''

Operative word - deliberate or not - is ''me''.

In my opinion Keegan gave us our first real footballing philosophy albeit a fairly simple one.

Yes he walked out but half the cunts complaining about him would be Chelsea fans if he hadn't walked in.

As a 23 year old I can't help but feel a love for Keegan and that's something that wont go away and I'm not old enough to know the really shit times.

Look at Fabregas, he was signed at 15, as the Arsenal even had scouts in the Spanish under 16 leagues. How much would it cost to employ even 20 scouts around the world? £2m a year max? It would be worth it. One £10m player would pay for it every 5 years. Fuck sake when you've spent £43m on Owen over 4 years, what's £2m?

Aye, so true, especially when you put it in those terms. I have it on good authority Alan Carr's fatha has a few contacts btw :D

It doesn't make any sense. Even if you're a penny pinching bellend like Ashley you must see the value in a comprehensive Scout network. I don't want to be a selling club, but if you can cherry pick players and foster a reputation for a club where hopeful youngsters will get their chance then, even if you sell 80% of the kids and keep only the very best, you can still make a £100k here and there which would, in itsel,f pay for the scouts who found them in the first place.

How true. The amounts of money are relatively small in comparison and the savings could be massive. I've never got why we've under invested in that side of the game, it just seems like common sense. I thought developing our own talent was supposed to be the way forward anyway?

Keegan is a tacticless bottleless cunt

I do still wonder whether you're Dekka.

His WUMery isn't subtle enough to be Llambias.

he's certainly stupid enough

The irony sirens just broke the sound barrier :D

haha. Is that the best contribution you can make lad :D

If just one of you was capable of ignoring when the other made a dickish comment, this could all stop. It's like the perfect storm of stubbornness and immaturity. :D

Get back to work you :D

If just one of you was capable of ignoring when the other made a dickish comment, this could all stop. It's like the perfect storm of stubbornness and immaturity. :D

I am a bit of a last-word merchant like :D