RIP Jackie Sinclair

Jackies the Lad

RIP

One thing the Mackems actually get right is that they have one match every year with a pause/silence to remember fans who've passed away - I'd support a concept like that for ex-players with perhaps a roll call.

Played in the first match I ever saw - RIP

what was that mate ?

Man City at home November 1968. We won 1-0. Wynn the leap scored with a header from a corner. I'd be lying if I said I remembered that Sinclair took the corner, but there's got to be a good chance he set up the fist goal I ever saw.

First man from the Fairs cup team to go I believe - sad day

Edited by spongebob toonpants

what was that mate ?

Man City at home November 1968. We won 1-0. Wynn the leap scored with a header from a corner. I'd be lying if I said I remembered that Sinclair took the corner, but there's got to be a good chance he set up the fist goal I ever saw.

Don't know how you embed youtube but see what he did against them 6 months earlier at 1:06. Quality. :jesuswept:

All the old blues I speak to talk about this game (understandably). Last game my dad saw too before moving to Manchester for university. Have always loved this footage.

what was that mate ?

Don't know how you embed youtube but see what he did against them 6 months earlier at 1:06. Quality. :jesuswept:

All the old blues I speak to talk about this game (understandably). Last game my dad saw too before moving to Manchester for university. Have always loved this footage.

Thanks for that - Great goal - Fantastic atmosphere. I dont want to come the old codger, but the sound that used to come from the ground, and the Leazes in particular was like nothing you've ever heard. I lived in Low Fell and you could hear when we'd scored. I remember playing football in the park when that game as on, with everyone trying to work out the score from the crowd noises. iirc there was 4 teams in with a chance of winnng the league going into that game

Then when I got to go to my first game the noise was just incredible. They ripped the heart out of the club when the Leazes came down. Even when KK and SBR had the team flying it never felt quite the same.

R.I.P

I lived in Low Fell and you could hear when we'd scored. I remember playing football in the park when that game as on, with everyone trying to work out the score from the crowd noises. iirc there was 4 teams in with a chance of winnng the league going into that game

Even the roar of the Man City fans sounded insane, louder than these days anyway!

what was that mate ?

First man from the Fairs cup team to go I believe - sad day

IIRC, it was the last second of the game too, and Mike Doyle went mad at the referee.

Jackie is the first man from the Fairs Cup team to go, yes. I have met all of them over the past few years, and all of them are down to earth guys just like Jackie was, normal blokes you would talk to down the pub. It's a shame that Joe Harvey hadn't still been here too and that would have been complete.