The Walking Dead

TheMoog

If it's your sort of thing you might be pleased to hear that there's a new series been created by the bloke who did Shawshank Redemption. Called 'The Walking Dead', it's about an American cop who's shot in the line of duty and wakes up after a zombie apocalypse has taken over the world. It's based on a long running comic book series, I reckon it should be a good watch.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0gz5f43x40

AMC Webby: http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

Braaaaainsssss!

The comic is fucking fantastic. I'm not a comic book guy by any means, but if there's something really good out there, I'll check it out. The Walking Dead is one of those.

Really, really high hopes for this. If it's 1/2 as good as the comic, it'll be better than 99% of what's on over here. Absolutely cannot wait!

Isnt it just 28 Days later though?

If they keep it like the comic, it's really not.

As far as Rick being in the hospital at the start, I'm not sure who came up with the idea first- I didn't get into the comic until 2006, but that was well after it'd begun. I'd guess both Kirkman and whoever wrote the script for 28 Days Later were both probably working on it around the same time, but again, that's just a guess.

The storyline for TWD is a lot more about the people interaction than fighting zombies. Sure, there's instances where they throw down, but a huge amount of the drama in the series is the characters interacting with each other, losing their humanity, and dealing and the other survivors they run across.

Edited by Cid_MCDP

never read any comics before and as the walking dead comics were on piratebay i thought id download then with a comic reader and have a butchers. its excellent - and the comics havnt even finished yet.

its incredibly violent and dark so i hope some of this translates to the 'small screen' and well as the character development. with the director of shawshank and the green mile im sure it will.

im actually excited about a new tv show. :D :D ;)

• 2 months later...

This starts on FX tonight at 10pm, we're getting the privilage of being shown the feature length director's cut of the first episode in the UK, plus no adverts apparently. Looking forward to it :icon_lol: