Buying starts tomorrow?

East Stander

My theory is that we could be buying after today.

The reason being is that the club's financial year end is today and our beloved Fatso will want the year end accounts to look as good as possible so he can easily pay himself and dastardly douglas the usual hefty dividends and bonuses.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if FS hasn't signed anyone yet just to have saved on there wages for a few more weeks!

I know it sounds crazy but last season we were linked with Carr from the end of the previous season but we didn't actually sign him until the end of the summer, even though it was made clear we wanted him and he wanted to come here.

Our financial year end is today? I thought it was the end of April in line with all other plc's?

5225[/snapback]

PLCs have all sorts of different year ends mate - December is common and June tends to be the norm for football clubs as then the financial year encapsulates a full season.

Well, I for one have not exactly been mollified by the signings. Least of all Moore. I think nufc.com summed it up brilliantly, in fact:-

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

In welcoming Moore to the club we wish him all the best, but cannot help but hark back to the words of the Chairman, who back in May said:

"If I told you who wants to come to Newcastle, you would be astounded."

Well, he's not wrong.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

I couldn't have put it better myself. :D

I wouldn't at all be surprised if FS hasn't signed anyone yet just to have saved on there wages for a few more weeks!

I know it sounds crazy but last season we were linked with Carr from the end of the previous season but we didn't actually sign him until the end of the summer, even though it was made clear we wanted him and he wanted to come here.

5185[/snapback]

aye but pre that we spent virtually nowt

My theory is that we could be buying after today.

The reason being is that the club's financial year end is today and our beloved Fatso will want the year end accounts to look as good as possible so he can easily pay himself and dastardly douglas the usual hefty dividends and bonuses.

5180[/snapback]

An excellent point!!!!

Our financial year end is today? I thought it was the end of April in line with all other plc's?

5225[/snapback]

PLCs have all sorts of different year ends mate - December is common and June tends to be the norm for football clubs as then the financial year encapsulates a full season.

5290[/snapback]

And companies often shift them around to make compariwson difficult

Mr Ecclestone and Mr Branson are famous for having many companies all with different year ends - makes it bloody difficult to get the whole picture - esepcially if the companies trade with each other companies in the same Group .........................