Old Board vs New Board

The Fish

You're using the wrong end point for Shepherd and the wrong starting point for Ashley. The accounts you have highlighted as the last set of accounts for Shepherd were the second last set. A year later and the profit was turned into a loss and the outlook was terrible as we didn't look like we were capable of changing anything going to a probable and well forecasted credit crunch which was certain to reduce income from the corporate sector. And before anybody claims we weren’t in a credit crunch, it was coming and the only uncertainty was when.

I dont believe I am.

Research by top football finance analysts Deloitte has revealed the club was one of only eight Premier League clubs to make a profit in the 2006/07 season � down from 16 the previous year.

The 2006/07 season would have ran from Aug 2006 to May 2007.

Ashley bought Halls shares in May 2007 and Shepherds in the June so he came into the club at the end of the 2006/07 season ie directly after the end of the season being talked about by Deloittes. If the article means to report a profit in 2006/07 then thats badly worded to say the least but again I would imagine thats not the case seeing as how it wasnt written about until May 2008.

I don't care what you believe or not, you're miles away and like I said a year out.

The accounts which you are on about are not the last set of accounts of Shepherd and I know that because I've got them all in front of me since 2004. The last set of accounts under the Hall/Shepherd regime covered up to 30th June 2007 and was signed off by Chris Mort who had just become Chairman. The accounts which you should be looking at for the end of the previous regime were available from Companies House dated 26th January 2008. Those set of accounts were showing us making a loss, not a profit, all of the figures were going south and were always going to get worse ongoing.

What about the profit Ashley made last season? Are these figures still current or did NUSC revise them?

playing in the 2nd division ? Do you [stupidly I may add] deem that to be successful ?

Hold on a minute are you seriously trying to have a go at me for a scenario you’ve just dreamt up in your fucking cluttered little head? Where did I or anybody else for that matter deem playing in the 2nd division to be successful?

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: You won't get a reply for a while bud. He heads out to the local club close to closing time, and performs 'minesweeping', which is basically swiping unattended drinks.

Sums up how I feel totally. Leazes will think you're saying that Ashley will get us to the Champions League more times than the Halls did though.

Champions League? :lol: Fucking hell, were as far away from that as we are from the moon but we're no further from it than we were before Ashley came, we might even be closer to it. I'm sure of one thing, if we do get a manager who gives us our best Champions League finish ever we'll not sack the bastard because he only finishes 5th top of the league.

it will never happen under Ashley, or anybody else who tries to run a big club like us in the manner of a corner shop.

So your observation is totally, utterly irrlevant.

Do you think we were closer the the Champions League the day before Ashley bought the club than we are today? How and when would we have qualified if the previous owners had stayed and we'd kept Allardyce? You haven't been taken in by the shit Allardyce has been quoting to the press recently, have you?

I still want to see peaspud's response to my post BTW.

So do I mate.

This post?

Given those actions that were taken, how do you think we can start to operate at a profit? The difference in winnings according to the position on the league table is very small. I guess the only way would be to improve the corporate revenue. Performances on the pitch may go a large way towards doing that, but given the changes in the financial climate it's to be expected that there would be a shortfall in that area by comparison to 2007-2008 and before.

Theres two things need to be done to get us operating at a profit:

Firstly we need to get the advertisers and corporate sponsors back on board and the only way to do that is to give them a team that their clients will want to come and see. What you have to remember is neither of those entities have any real affiliation to the club, they are using a football team as a means to get their name out to the widest audience and/or entertain potential clients. The day we were relegated a number of corporate sponsors will have moved 10 miles down the road. What sounds better to a potential multi-million pound client "today we're taking you to see the local team play Manchester United" or "today we thought we'd treat you to the wonder of Stockport". Once they've moved and got their box with the scum then its going to be hard to get them back unless the reverse happens or we make them an offer too good to refuse but while theres the threat of relegation then they'll not want the hassle.

Secondly is merchandising, sales of the famous black and white stripes across the world, sales in Newcastle would not have dropped by hugely significant numbers if they had given us a shirt of the Adidas quality but as it stands some have been lost through that. Worldwide though and we've been hit heavily by the shite thats gone on. No longer are we everyones second team or the entertainers, we no longer have players the calibre of Shearer that make kids up and down the country want to replicate being them in the playground by pulling on the shirt. Same goes for abroad, its players that sell shirts to the Japanese and Africans not clubs. Man U shirts are embalzoned with Rooney (especially in Thailand :lol:) while numerous kids in Tokyo wear LA Galaxy shirts purely for the word Beckham.

Have a successful team and you sell shirts, mugs, calendars, posters, branded bog roll, you name it they'll buy it. You tie up sponsorship deals with Asian network tv to launch your own channel etc etc.

Contrary to what you may think Im in no way a Shepherd lover, I danced a fucking jig the day Ashley took over and berated Leazes about it but I can clearly see the gulf between him and the current lot. Shepherd knew how to maximise the assets we had, yes it went to shit but not because of off the field business decisions.

All basic common sense, unfortunately one or two people are genuinely thick as mince so are unable to see it.

Do well and you earn more, great business insight. :icon_lol:

Sadly it's 10 years out of date and miles away from future trends. Arsenal just made 130m in housing http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0fc99474-c80b-11...144feab49a.html

Maybe Fred was a business pioneer after all http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/ap...ewsstory.sport3

A sceptic might say Fred + Housing + credit crunch = bad idea.

You're using the wrong end point for Shepherd and the wrong starting point for Ashley. The accounts you have highlighted as the last set of accounts for Shepherd were the second last set. A year later and the profit was turned into a loss and the outlook was terrible as we didn't look like we were capable of changing anything going to a probable and well forecasted credit crunch which was certain to reduce income from the corporate sector. And before anybody claims we weren’t in a credit crunch, it was coming and the only uncertainty was when.

I dont believe I am.

Research by top football finance analysts Deloitte has revealed the club was one of only eight Premier League clubs to make a profit in the 2006/07 season � down from 16 the previous year.

The 2006/07 season would have ran from Aug 2006 to May 2007.

Ashley bought Halls shares in May 2007 and Shepherds in the June so he came into the club at the end of the 2006/07 season ie directly after the end of the season being talked about by Deloittes. If the article means to report a profit in 2006/07 then thats badly worded to say the least but again I would imagine thats not the case seeing as how it wasnt written about until May 2008.

I don't care what you believe or not, you're miles away and like I said a year out.

The accounts which you are on about are not the last set of accounts of Shepherd and I know that because I've got them all in front of me since 2004. The last set of accounts under the Hall/Shepherd regime covered up to 30th June 2007 and was signed off by Chris Mort who had just become Chairman. The accounts which you should be looking at for the end of the previous regime were available from Companies House dated 26th January 2008. Those set of accounts were showing us making a loss, not a profit, all of the figures were going south and were always going to get worse ongoing.

What about the profit Ashley made last season? Are these figures still current or did NUSC revise them?

playing in the 2nd division ? Do you [stupidly I may add] deem that to be successful ?

Hold on a minute are you seriously trying to have a go at me for a scenario you’ve just dreamt up in your fucking cluttered little head? Where did I or anybody else for that matter deem playing in the 2nd division to be successful?

Cluttered little head ? I reckon it's you who needs to take stock of your thought process mate. For starters, I asked you if you deemed it to be successful, not stated that you actually did. The choice is yours, but the biggest single thing that pissed me off with the wankers on Newcastle Online was the amount of them who got their scarves out and sang to the account sheets rather than having a winning team on the pitch, in the top division.

Significantly, one or two people, and one in particular, who insisted everything the Halls and Shepherd did was wrong [despite me turning up an article he wrote to the Mag in 1998 as I knew he like myself was an ex-contributor to it] has completely disappeared up his own arse in the last 2 years from NO.

Edited by LeazesMag

I still want to see peaspud's response to my post BTW.

So do I mate.

This post?

Given those actions that were taken, how do you think we can start to operate at a profit? The difference in winnings according to the position on the league table is very small. I guess the only way would be to improve the corporate revenue. Performances on the pitch may go a large way towards doing that, but given the changes in the financial climate it's to be expected that there would be a shortfall in that area by comparison to 2007-2008 and before.

Theres two things need to be done to get us operating at a profit:

Firstly we need to get the advertisers and corporate sponsors back on board and the only way to do that is to give them a team that their clients will want to come and see. What you have to remember is neither of those entities have any real affiliation to the club, they are using a football team as a means to get their name out to the widest audience and/or entertain potential clients. The day we were relegated a number of corporate sponsors will have moved 10 miles down the road. What sounds better to a potential multi-million pound client "today we're taking you to see the local team play Manchester United" or "today we thought we'd treat you to the wonder of Stockport". Once they've moved and got their box with the scum then its going to be hard to get them back unless the reverse happens or we make them an offer too good to refuse but while theres the threat of relegation then they'll not want the hassle.

Secondly is merchandising, sales of the famous black and white stripes across the world, sales in Newcastle would not have dropped by hugely significant numbers if they had given us a shirt of the Adidas quality but as it stands some have been lost through that. Worldwide though and we've been hit heavily by the shite thats gone on. No longer are we everyones second team or the entertainers, we no longer have players the calibre of Shearer that make kids up and down the country want to replicate being them in the playground by pulling on the shirt. Same goes for abroad, its players that sell shirts to the Japanese and Africans not clubs. Man U shirts are embalzoned with Rooney (especially in Thailand :lol:) while numerous kids in Tokyo wear LA Galaxy shirts purely for the word Beckham.

Have a successful team and you sell shirts, mugs, calendars, posters, branded bog roll, you name it they'll buy it. You tie up sponsorship deals with Asian network tv to launch your own channel etc etc.

Contrary to what you may think Im in no way a Shepherd lover, I danced a fucking jig the day Ashley took over and berated Leazes about it but I can clearly see the gulf between him and the current lot. Shepherd knew how to maximise the assets we had, yes it went to shit but not because of off the field business decisions.

All basic common sense, unfortunately one or two people are genuinely thick as mince so are unable to see it.

Do well and you earn more, great business insight. :icon_lol:

Sadly it's 10 years out of date and miles away from future trends. Arsenal just made 130m in housing http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0fc99474-c80b-11...144feab49a.html

Maybe Fred was a business pioneer after all http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/ap...ewsstory.sport3

A sceptic might say Fred + Housing + credit crunch = bad idea.

Do well and you earn more........you deny that ? :omgwank:

Well done for turning up one club by the way, thanks to Arsene Wenger. Please point us to the next Arsene Wenger before any of those other pesky clubs finds him first, or tell us another major club who has enabled your master plan.

Edited by LeazesMag

The team wasn't winning when Freddy left though, it'd gone pear shaped :lol:

5th best over 15 years, and you are talking about a few games at the end - and we weren't relegated under the Halls and Shepherd

Anyway, I've been away a week and it seems only one, or two at the most, aren't trying to tell you how idiotic you are. So I'll leave it there.

Sums up how I feel totally. Leazes will think you're saying that Ashley will get us to the Champions League more times than the Halls did though.

Champions League? :lol: Fucking hell, were as far away from that as we are from the moon but we're no further from it than we were before Ashley came, we might even be closer to it. I'm sure of one thing, if we do get a manager who gives us our best Champions League finish ever we'll not sack the bastard because he only finishes 5th top of the league.

it will never happen under Ashley, or anybody else who tries to run a big club like us in the manner of a corner shop.

So your observation is totally, utterly irrlevant.

Do you think we were closer the the Champions League the day before Ashley bought the club than we are today? How and when would we have qualified if the previous owners had stayed and we'd kept Allardyce? You haven't been taken in by the shit Allardyce has been quoting to the press recently, have you?

only one person here taken in by the shit the press spouts mate. I prefer to look at league positions and the profile of the club

5th best over 15 years, and you are talking about a few games at the end - and we weren't relegated under the Halls and Shepherd

Anyway, I've been away a week and it seems only one, or two at the most, aren't trying to tell you how idiotic you are. So I'll leave it there.

You don't achieve things over 15 years you achieve them over a season you fuck wit. Or are Blackburn still title contenders because of 15 years ago?

You don't achieve things over 15 years you achieve them over a season you fuck wit. Or are Blackburn still title contenders because of 15 years ago?

you forgot the laughing emoticon mate. People might think you're serious.

We're comparing old and new boards....no-ones saying the current owners are doing a better job at Blackburn than Jack Walker are they?

Take my bet offered in the general chat forum or not? If not then you lose.

is that the one where I asked you to bet me that your boy Mike never gets the club into the top 6 of the premiership, which the Halls and Shepherd did in just over 2 years ?

what has that got to do with Blackburn you dick :icon_lol: Although Blackburn fans without a doubt won't forget the great job he did for their club just because they eventually went down again.....

Fuck me blue, what an idiot. :omgwank:

is that the one where I asked you to bet me that your boy Mike never gets the club into the top 6 of the premiership, which the Halls and Shepherd did in just over 2 years ?

No not the bet that proves nothing, the one that I offered that would prove that the club has moved forward since being taken over - that we finish this season above where we finished in Fred's last season?

Take my bet or not?

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

what has that got to do with Blackburn you dick :omgwank: Although Blackburn fans without a doubt won't forget the great job he did for their club just because they eventually went down again.....

Fuck me blue, what an idiot. :D

All of the awards in football are over a season. Not 15. You prick :icon_lol:

No not the bet that proves nothing, the one that I offered that would prove that the club has moved forward since being taken over - that we finish this season above where we finished in Fred's last season?

Take my bet or not?

you don't half like the smaller picture don't you ? Are you happy to finish in the bottom half of the league with no prospect of future european football ?

what has that got to do with Blackburn you dick :omgwank: Although Blackburn fans without a doubt won't forget the great job he did for their club just because they eventually went down again.....

including qualifying for europe about 11 times out of 15 ?

Will your man do it or not ? He's already had 3 of his "5 year plan" :D

Take my bet or not?

you don't half like the smaller picture don't you ? Are you happy to finish in the bottom half of the league with no prospect of future european football ?

What were our prospects or european football before Freddy left, with Roeder freshly sacked and Fat Sam at the helm? :lol:

Take my bet or not?

what has that got to do with Blackburn you dick :D Although Blackburn fans without a doubt won't forget the great job he did for their club just because they eventually went down again.....

including qualifying for europe about 11 times out of 15 ?

Will your man do it or not ? He's already had 3 of his "5 year plan" :)

And our team is already performing better than it was in Fred's last season :omgwank:

Take my bet or not?

What were our prospects or european football before Freddy left, with Roeder freshly sacked and Fat Sam at the helm? :lol:

Take my bet or not?

far higher than now, considering Ashley has sold off 7 of our better players and replaced them with cheaper inferior replacements.

Will your boy qualify for europe or not ? He's got 2 years left of his 5 year plan to do what his predecessors did in less than half that time.

Take my bet or not?

Take my bet or not?

far higher than now, considering Ashley has sold off 7 of our better players and replaced them with cheaper inferior replacements.

Will your boy qualify for europe or not ? He's got 2 years left of his 5 year plan to do what his predecessors did in less than half that time.

It's not about who qualified for europe fastest after buying the club for fuck sake :icon_lol: What a fuckin' playground argument. There's too many variables, it's a different, tougher league now. Everyone will tell you this on here, but you won't accept it because it doesn't fit your delusion :omgwank:

Take my bet or not?

Take my bet or not?

eeerrr....we qualified for europe under Roeder :icon_lol: