acoustic guitars

Geordie Boyo

Have always been interested in playing the guitar. Just one of those things you have to do before you die.

Now I don't expect to be up there with Clapton and Knopfler, but it would be nice to kick back and play a few tunes before hopefully having a go at playing an electric guitar. 'Neighbours' be warned!

I don't suppose you lot know of any place, or website you'd recommend in buying a new acoustic guitar?

;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was having a look on ebay, but would like to know for sure that the quality of the purchase is definitely genuine and basically get to know what other places have to otffer so I really appreciate your recommendations. I think for a good acoustic guitar you would be looking to pay around £60, that's fine but I was also thinking of getting one as a gift for a friend of mine too.

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I've got one of these:

http://www.simonandpatrick.com/s&p6cedar.htm

Canadian made again, like the ones Sammy mentions above.  Nice guitars.

62602[/snapback]

Bliddy left-handers :angry:;)

I've got a very old Spanish guitar that my mam bought years ago (in Spain funnily enough) Might be a bit far to go to buy one like...

I've got one of these:

62602[/snapback]

I've got a very old Spanish guitar that my mam bought years ago (in Spain funnily enough) Might be a bit far to go to buy one like...

62607[/snapback]

No, no, no. :angry: I've got the right handed version, as despite being left-handed, I play the guitar right-handed. Musical genius tbh.

I've got one of these:

62602[/snapback]

62607[/snapback]

No, no, no. :angry: I've got the right handed version, as despite being left-handed, I play the guitar right-handed. Musical genius tbh.

62610[/snapback]

Nope. Just weird ;)

Was having a look on ebay, but would like to know for sure that the quality of the purchase is definitely genuine and basically get to know what other places have to otffer so I really appreciate your recommendations. I think for a good acoustic guitar you would be looking to pay around £60, that's fine but I was also thinking of getting one as a gift for a friend of mine too.

62597[/snapback]

As far as I know me mate is still one of the main dealers of acoustic guitars on eBay. If theres a few for sale in Newcastle then that'll be him.

Several good places in Newcastle.

Windows, Central Arcade

Sound Control, Mosley Street (by the junction of Mosley St/Grey St/Dean St)

Guitar Guitar, Newgate Street Shopping Centre

Sound Explosion (I think that's what it's called, but I could be getting confused with the band of the same name), Dean Street (next door to Marco Polo Restaurant)

Also,

I forget the name. Something like Newcastle Music Centre (new & used), Westgate Road (opposite Tyne Theatre)

Edited by Tom_NUFC

Have always been interested in playing the guitar. Just one of those things you have to do before you die.

Now I don't expect to be up there with Clapton and Knopfler, but it would be nice to kick back and play a few tunes before hopefully having a go at playing an electric guitar. 'Neighbours' be warned!

I don't suppose you lot know of any place, or website you'd recommend in buying a new acoustic guitar?

;)

62576[/snapback]

I have an acoustic which is a few years old but good as new (apart from one string missing which I will replace) which you can have for £30.

Just bought a new electric so have 2 guitars to get rid of now...

I've got one of these:

62602[/snapback]

I don't think he will get either for £60 though.

62621[/snapback]

Nah, got mine in America and I think it was a couple of hundred dollars, but can't remember. ;) Looks like Jill's sorted him out with one though. :angry:

Boyo, if it doesn't work out with Jill, if you buy a guitar magazine there's always loads of ads in there for mail order retailers, a lot of which have pretty good deals on starter guitars leading up to Xmas.

Stop being so fucking gay, and get a set of fuckin' DRUMS man!!!!! :icon_lol:

62685[/snapback]

;)

Drums are for thickos man. Real men play guitar. :icon_lol:

62686[/snapback]

I could only ever cope with a single tom tom; what does that make me??? :angry::angry:

62694[/snapback]

A Boys' Brigadier. ;)

Stop being so fucking gay, and get a set of fuckin' DRUMS man!!!!! :icon_lol:

62685[/snapback]

;)

Drums are for thickos man. Real men play guitar. :icon_lol:

62686[/snapback]

I could only ever cope with a single tom tom; what does that make me??? :angry::angry:

62694[/snapback]

A Boys' Brigadier. ;)

62697[/snapback]

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Nuff said!

*adopts effeminate voice* 'Fall in, pack.'

I was bought an acoustic when I was 10 for Xmas, got lessons too but i was useless and the teacher wanted me to learn all this classical bollox so i gave it up.

Sold the thing at a car boot a few months back for a fiver, i'm now concentrating on my new musical project with my recently unemployed associate Wacky Jnr - we're called The Dualling Banjo String's. We're playing the Archer tomorrow night.

It's a sight and sound to behold!

Is it just me, or does all this 'hey look at my guitar' smack of saddoes proudly showing their ***** ??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Faaaaaaaaaaaar too macho for me! :angry:  :angry:

62785[/snapback]

Do you want that ticket or not? ;)

Is it just me, or does all this 'hey look at my guitar' smack of saddoes proudly showing their ***** ??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Faaaaaaaaaaaar too macho for me! :angry:  :angry:

62785[/snapback]

Do you want that ticket or not? :icon_lol:

62788[/snapback]

Was just thinking how luverly your beautiful guitar looked ;):icon_lol::icon_lol:

Edited by snakehips