Newcastle Vs. Blackpool

loonyTOON

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin, let the big boys talk about their football club, (not yours), without spoiling the thread by being an utter mong with as much chance of getting his leg over as Simon Weston has of getting the L'Oreal gig.

I won't reply to you again in this thread.

Kevin, let the big boys talk about their football club, (not yours), without spoiling the thread by being an utter mong with as much chance of getting his leg over as Simon Weston has of getting the L'Oreal gig.

I won't reply to you again in this thread.

Lol. Owned.

Aye good point.

Comic name change it is. Any ideas?

Just change his team badge to an Everton one.

Hell no, the one I've just changed it too is much more appropriate... :D

Aye good point.

Hell no, the one I've just changed it too is much more appropriate... B)

:D

Very good.

Can you make Kelvin McKenzie his permanent avatar?

Aye good point.

Very good.

I'll be surprised if he even knows who he is.

If we'd been more clinical in the final third the scoreline would have been very different, Blackpool aren't much cop at all to be fair.

In the end 0-2 isn't a true reflection of the game, but if you miss chances like that then your f*cked. Bafra looked lively.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Shocking how the players couldn't read Carroll's superb flick-ons. Nolan and Lovenkrands each were guilty.

Haven't seen any replays, but on first impressions, Nolan should be shot for being offside that time in the 1st half.

Aye good point.

Very good.

Neither would you if it weren't for google.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Aye good point.

Very good.

Everyone knows Kelvin McKenzie don't they?

I was gutted on Saturday, and on paper 0-2 to Blackpool is one of our worst ever results, but we didn't play that bad, just wasn't our day, the one he saved from Carroll, 60 seconds later they go 0-2 up hitting us on the break. Not to worry, at least some things were good, Hughton should've brung Ben Arfa on earlier though, but if we beat Everton or draw we'll be flying again, no knee jerk reactions. I left in the huff the second DJC scored, did we get booed off? I thought the crowd remained quite patient to be honest. Smith though, nothing would make me happier than if we sold him for £1m in January to someone like Stoke.

My team marks

Harper 6

Perch 5

Enrique 6

Williamson 7

Coloccini 5

Routledge 6

Smith 3

Barton 4

Jonas 4

Nolan 6

Carroll 8

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Aye good point.

Very good.

I was gutted on Saturday, and on paper 0-2 to Blackpool is one of our worst ever results, but we didn't play that bad, just wasn't our day, the one he saved from Carroll, 60 seconds later they go 0-2 up hitting us on the break. Not to worry, at least some things were good, Hughton should've brung Ben Arfa on earlier though, but if we beat Everton or draw we'll be flying again, no knee jerk reactions. I left in the huff the second DJC scored, did we get booed off? I thought the crowd remained quite patient to be honest. Smith though, nothing would make me happier than if we sold him for £1m in January to someone like Stoke.

No booing, quite a few left though.

Ben Arfa should have been brought on about 5 minutes into the 2nd half.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Aye good point.

Very good.

No booing, quite a few left though.

Ben Arfa should have been brought on about 5 minutes into the 2nd half.

I left, I was punching the walls and gritting my teeth. Newcastle are like women, unpredictable, lovable, fiesty, and mental. You just never ever know what to expect.

My team marks

Harper 6

Perch 5

Enrique 6

Williamson 7

Coloccini 5

Routledge 6

Smith 3

Barton 4

Jonas 4

Nolan 6

Carroll 8

Mine:

Harper 6

Perch 4

Enrique 6

Williamson 7

Coloccini 6

Routledge 5

Smith 3

Barton 5

Jonas 6

Nolan 4

Carroll 6

Early in the piece Routledge looked like he'd be a key player for us, his pace could have caused their fullback all sorts of problems, but like he has a tendancy to do he disappeared and most of our attempted attack came down the middle. Nolan did one or two ok things in attack, but did plenty of horrible things. More importantly he did fuck all for us defensively. A luxury player when we really can't afford one. Needs to be someone quick making runs playing alongside Carroll, if we want to play through the middle.

Perch is still not good enough, and makes horrible challenges. He's not really that quick - either that or he just couldn't be arsed getting back on several ocassions which is a worry. If you're not good enough, at least try hard ffs.

Coloccini and Williamson if they're still together at the back against the likes of Arsenal are going to be in danger of being completely embarrassed. The way Fabregas can weight a through ball lofted or otherwise will split them constantly and expose their lack of mobility. Jonas needs player to come to him when he has the ball. We know he's a weak crosser of the ball, but if you come towards front post you'd be in with a shot. Could do with some better support inside.

Harper 6

Perch 5

Enrique 6

Williamson 7

Coloccini 5

Routledge 6

Smith 3

Barton 4

Jonas 4

Nolan 6

Carroll 8

I was quite drunk and haven't seen any of the highlights....but I thought Coloccini was better than that like.

Worse than Nolan you thought? :D

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Did Barton really play shite or did he just give the ball away a few times? I know they are linked but making 1 or 2 silly mistakes (especially in the relative safety in midfield) doent always mean the rest of his game was shite.

Barton was wank everything about his game was poor. Coloccini looked shaky to me, but I was drunk too HF. After 5 minutes I could see it was going to be a hard game, because Blackpool imposed themselves and didn't look intimidated but..........we're never as good as we think we are after a good win, or as bad as we think we are after a bad defeat.

I never thought Blackpool would threaten us, no matter how shite we were. They'd get into the final 3rd and completely fall apart.

Best chance came from that very sloppy pass from Barton(the harper double save), as Perchenbauer sauntered back.

Did Barton really play shite or did he just give the ball away a few times? I know they are linked but making 1 or 2 silly mistakes (especially in the relative safety in midfield) doent always mean the rest of his game was shite.

I think first half he had a bad time of it, second half not so bad, but i did think his set pieces were canny throughout, he had one where he shot near post and it was going in but the defender got a head to it and it went safely over. But even when he has a bad game he is capable of making something happen, Smith is just a liability.