Newcastle Vs. Blackpool

loonyTOON

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky sports has hinted at Routledge and Williamson been dropped for Ben Arfa and Campbell. Personally hope they drop Smith instead of Routledge.

Have this as a 3-0 win. Arfa with a goal and assist

I want Ben Arfa to start, really looking forward to watching him play for the toon, but no way should either CB be dropped for Campbell. Firstly because i think both are doing a good job so far and don't deserve to be dropped, and second because Campbell has so far not even played a full 90 mins for the reserves never mind a run of games showing he's back to full fitness.

Sky sports haven't got a fucking clue.

I reckon big Chris will go for the same team, with Barfa to come off the bench for 25 minutes, then he'll go home and give his missus a rusty trombone.

He said he's not hada chance to look at Tiote yet, so bench at best. Sol has only played 2 halves of football in 2 reserve games. He's a week and/or a Collo fuck-up away from starting IYAM.

Sky sports haven't got a fucking clue.

I reckon big Chris will go for the same team, with Barfa to come off the bench for 25 minutes, then he'll go home and give his missus a rusty trombone.

He said he's not hada chance to look at Tiote yet, so bench at best. Sol has only played 2 halves of football in 2 reserve games. He's a week and/or a Collo fuck-up away from starting IYAM.

Safest bet for win would be the same team as usual then bring B-Arfa in with half hour left.

Sky sports has hinted at Routledge and Williamson been dropped for Ben Arfa and Campbell. Personally hope they drop Smith instead of Routledge.

Have this as a 3-0 win. Arfa with a goal and assist

that makes no sense though, it totally changes our system which has been effective so far

routledge for barfa makes the most sense to me, wondering about tiote too

if williamson is dropped ill be pissed off, our standout defensive performer so far

Seems a no-brainer to put Ben Arfa in from the start for me. Routledge was fairly bad even in the Villa game. Watched it again and he created absolutely nothing, every single cross was either blocked or heading to no-mans land. And when he didnt cross he tried moving along the box and was disposessed easily by Villa every time.

Seems a no-brainer to put Ben Arfa in from the start for me. Routledge was fairly bad even in the Villa game. Watched it again and he created absolutely nothing, every single cross was either blocked or heading to no-mans land. And when he didnt cross he tried moving along the box and was disposessed easily by Villa every time.

Looks like its the end of the Routledge career revival so...

I dunno I think he'll be handy in keeping defences pegged back for the last 15/20 min in games that are close or we have a small lead.

I dunno I think he'll be handy in keeping defences pegged back for the last 15/20 min in games that are close or we have a small lead.

Prob we've had is that we've had jonas and wayne attacking from the wings, but nothing thats anywhere near good enough through the middle behind Carroll. Lets be fair, Nolan is a waste of space most of the time. Ben Arfa would fill that void in the middle. Wayne's final ball is sometimes lacking, but he dismantles midfields/defensive lines with his pace in a click of a finger. Keep the creativity in and add more I say.

"I would not be worried about dropping (current first team players) just because they are big personalities. The important thing is you get the right balance. You pick a team to win a football match.

"More important than any of that is come the last game of the season, that we are still in the Premier League. Also that we have had a good enough season. Those factors are more important than any individuals.

"When I was caretaker manager I left out Michael Owen so I think I have proved I am not afraid of leaving out big names. The most important thing is we are endeavouring to win football matches . You pick a team for any given game. Leaving out players is something that comes with the territory.

"There is no real need to change the team. We are on the back of what I thought was a good result at Wolves which could have been even better. It was a good performance too. What we have is three new players who will come into the squad and of course, give me things to think about. But there are no special reasons to change the team."

Stupid really to be slating Routledge already. I personally dont think while he hasnt been great he hasnt been bad neither.

I do however think that if Ben Arfa is to start it would be in place of WR.

Preferably id like to see him play just off Carroll and as Chez said this game would be ideal for us to try out a 4-3-3 but right now i dont think we have the right players for it.

3-0

Carroll

Coloccini

Ben Arfa

;)

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I think we'll win 1-0, crowd have to stay patient. We have a hardcore of 42-43000 now, the day trippers need to stay off their backs if we don't score early, it's vital.

Not saying Routledge isnt gonna be an asset this season. I just think Ben Arfa should be picked infront of him when everyones fit. Hughtons isnt gonna drop the captain and our left side partnership works with jonas and enrique. Routledge is the only player who runs behind the defences, and i think he will be a very good impact substitute. And with injuries he should still get many starts.

Prob we've had is that we've had jonas and wayne attacking from the wings, but nothing thats anywhere near good enough through the middle behind Carroll. Lets be fair, Nolan is a waste of space most of the time. Ben Arfa would fill that void in the middle. Wayne's final ball is sometimes lacking, but he dismantles midfields/defensive lines with his pace in a click of a finger. Keep the creativity in and add more I say.

Of course I'd drop Nolan for Bafra in a heartbeat, but I'm not CH.

I think we'll win 1-0, crowd have to stay patient. We have a hardcore of 42-43000 now, the day trippers need to stay off their backs if we don't score early, it's vital.

I'm day tripping and will boo until my throat is sore.

On that note actually, I was sitting in front of a couple at the Ireland game and I swear they were bi-polar. They went from telling McGeady that they loved him, then that he was a useless cunt and back again every couple of minutes. Smashing entertainment.

4-0.

Think Bafra will be top chef the amount of roasting he'll be doing.

4-0.

Think Bafra will be top chef the amount of roasting he'll be doing.

I reckon 4-1. Feeling optimistic recently.

Stupid really to be slating Routledge already. I personally dont think while he hasnt been great he hasnt been bad neither.

Preferably id like to see him play just off Carroll and as Chez said this game would be ideal for us to try out a 4-3-3 but right now i dont think we have the right players for it.

3-0

Carroll

Coloccini

Ben Arfa

;)

If he doesnt drop Nolan and Ben Arfa starts, i cant see him playing any other way. It would be a 4-3-1-2 though. I can see Hughon playing Ben Arfa there if he believes that he will track back and play some form of defensive duty when we dont have the ball.

3-0

Carroll

Coloccini

Ben Arfa

:)

If he doesnt drop Nolan and Ben Arfa starts, i cant see him playing any other way. It would be a 4-3-1-2 though. I can see Hughon playing Ben Arfa there if he believes that he will track back and play some form of defensive duty when we dont have the ball.

I don't want Afra to be bogged down with silly tracking back and whatnot. ;)