Newcastle Vs. Blackpool

loonyTOON

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watching our forwards look lost as ben afra ran to the bi-line and cut back the ball is a worry. there is no point having a player like him if the rest of the team isn't going to take advantage of him.

also david carney couldn't get a start at sheffield united and yet here he is as a used sub for blackpool - that's how low our opposition was today and they were gifted 3 points with a pointless penalty and negative tactics by hughton.

Well, that was atrocious. With any luck that'll be the end of Smith's time in the team.

I understand that Hughton is trying to keep faith with the team that won us promotion and got such a spectacular result against Villa, but what was the point of buying new players if we aren't going to use them?

HBA and Tiote - especially Tiote - need to start our next game and should have both started this one.

We were absolutely fuckin awful today and Hughton has to shoulder the blame. Then the players.

When the manager has a negative mentality at home against a team thats been battered a few times already thats not exactly going to inspire you is it?

Then again on the wages they are on the players should be inspired anyway.

Worst of all after Hughtons "Im big enough to drop players and make big decisions" earlier this week, he once again proved that he is a piss weak manager who fails to get it right when it counts.

We can moan about players not being good enough all day long but the buck stops with Hughton imo.

I still feel we can and will stay up, there ARE 3-5 worse teams than us, but Hughton HAS to drop big players (Smith, Nolan and Barton) and be more positive with his teams and tactics.

Sort it out.

I think he's just scared of Nolan and Smith, they seem to have an unnatural hold on him. I can understand starting unchanged but after that first half, I expected changes and early in the 2nd half. Now we'll lose to Everton and the fear will set in and the early season lift will be gone. CH is just too negative in these key matches and seems not to react to what all can see happenning on the park.

1 point from Wolves and Blackpool is simply not good enough

I'm trying to be positive and look at 4pts from our first four fixtures and that's ok. Man U away, Villa home, Wolves away, B'pool home... It's a predictable return. Admittedly, on the day we should have done better. But long-term I don't think we're suddenly going to implode.

1 point from Wolves and Blackpool is simply not good enough

I'm trying to be positive and look at 4pts from our first four fixtures and that's ok. Man U away, Villa home, Wolves away, B'pool home... It's a predictable return. Admittedly, on the day we should have done better. But long-term I don't think we're suddenly going to implode.

aye, I still reckon a finish around 14th or so is likely for us this season, it's just very frustrating. I just hope Smith is catapulted to the moon now and replaced by Tiote and Nolan or Barton make way for Ben Arfa.