Newcastle Vs. Blackpool

loonyTOON

We had the chance today to prove that the Villa game was us setting out our stall for the season. Instead we've proved exactly what it was.... a freak result.

Let us not forget that we beat Blackpool 4-1 here only 5 months ago. What the fuck has gone wrong since then?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had the chance today to prove that the Villa game was us setting out our stall for the season. Instead we've proved exactly what it was.... a freak result.

Let us not forget that we beat Blackpool 4-1 here only 5 months ago. What the fuck has gone wrong since then?

Think they just came here stayed organised and held their shape and that was enough. Poor really.

First home league defeat since May 2009. The fact it came against the biggest pre-season favourite for relegation smarts like.

Comparable to when we couldn't beat Derby in either game a couple of seasons back when everyone else was twatting them all over the place.

Think they just came here stayed organised and held their shape and that was enough. Poor really.

Certain members of our squad would do well to heed the advice in bold.

That's been the plan for any team coming to SJP for a few years now. If this Ben Arfa kid really can unlock defences then he needs to start games sharpish or every fucker will be doing this and walking away from SJP with a share of the points.

I think he's just scared of Nolan and Smith, they seem to have an unnatural hold on him. I can understand starting unchanged but after that first half, I expected changes and early in the 2nd half. Now we'll lose to Everton and the fear will set in and the early season lift will be gone. CH is just too negative in these key matches and seems not to react to what all can see happenning on the park.

Youre right they do. I think it was always going to be difficult for him to have that austerity and assertiveness with some of the senior players as his initial relationship with the players was as a coach. Its like one of your work colleages has been promoted as your boss. Anyway, hopefully this defeat will give him more courage in dropping the senior players and making braver decisions. Did anyone find out why nolan was shouting at the bench today?

Personally I thought we did create chances today, just failed to put them away. We're short up front, it's crazy to rely on a green 21 year old (assuming we can just about discount our other striking options).

Really awful result reminiscent of Hull 2 years back, as Leazes says. So much for my optimism this morning, should have known better.

I think he's just scared of Nolan and Smith, they seem to have an unnatural hold on him. I can understand starting unchanged but after that first half, I expected changes and early in the 2nd half. Now we'll lose to Everton and the fear will set in and the early season lift will be gone. CH is just too negative in these key matches and seems not to react to what all can see happenning on the park.

Youre right they do. I think it was always going to be difficult for him to have that austerity and assertiveness with some of the senior players as his initial relationship with the players was as a coach. Its like one of your work colleages has been promoted as your boss. Anyway, hopefully this defeat will give him more courage in dropping the senior players and making braver decisions. Did anyone find out why nolan was shouting at the bench today?

Thats rght they do......ask Smith how many times he started in front of Guthrie last season after xmas.....no need to drop Nolan as he was scoring half the teams goals it would've been a bit of a bad move really B)

For fucks sakes this is Newcastle United man...this is what they do, the same as most other football clubs...anyone remember Man Utd 0 Burnley 1 from this time last season?...

He couldnt just bring 3 new players in today. After the events of last season and so far this season it would've been as disrespectful to the dropped players as a manager could've been. Its got fuck all to do with lacking guts,bottle or anything like that. Its called respect. And in the dressing room its vital he maintains it. If Smith, Williamson and Nolan had been benched today what would their and their teammates reaction have been?...would they have wanted to play for Hughton in the future if they felt that whatever they did they were always going to play second fiddle to the new lads?...look at what some of the Villa squad playes said about O'Neil after he left.....it certainly wasn't a happy ship, as we witnessed last month.

Very few managers would've changed the side that drastically today. Away to Everton I wouldnt expect too many either....Tiote for Smith?....away from home we're going to play Nolan in front of Ben Arfa because he's a lot more defensive by nature. Don't know about Campbell, but he hasn't signed him to sit on the bench I wouldnt have thought so Williamson might give way, which is hard on him as he's been one of our best players so far this season, but this weeks result does make these decisions a lot easier.

In the meantime stop fuckin whingeing. If anyone thought this season wasn't going to be full of ups and downs then they've not watched NUFC very much over the years.Wigan,Hull and Portsmouth have come out of the 2nd division and beaten us at home within a season or two, it does happen. Its mid Sepetember and we're mid table. Did anyone expect any different? :D

Personally I thought we did create chances today, just failed to put them away. We're short up front, it's crazy to rely on a green 21 year old (assuming we can just about discount our other striking options).

Really awful result reminiscent of Hull 2 years back, as Leazes says. So much for my optimism this morning, should have known better.

Yeah, we created enough chances, Nolan missed a sitter. so did Barton, Enrique blazed one over, Carroll had one saved, Lovenkrands scuffed one i think, and there were others, with Williamson hitting the post the only slightly unlucky one.

Problem was that Williamson and possibly Carroll's aside, the finishing was appalling and didn't deserve a goal. Also the final ball and crossing was terrible at times, despite the fact we created all those chances.

Smith offered less than nothing and should be out for Tiote straight away, and when Nolan doesn't score the 4-5-1 can struggle as Carroll gets left going wide for the ball or doesn't have help when he wins it. Unfortunately after a good start to the season Barton had a poor game, so with him, Smith and Nolan offering little we had nothing in the engine room. And Smith was an idiot with that challenge for the penalty.

Hughton had change it at half time and give Ben Arfa and Lovenkrands 45 mins to try and turn it round, but like every toon boss before him he refuses point blank to make changes at halftime and we paid for it.

I'm not going to panic though, we had a bad day, though still created chances, lets see what happens in the next few games with the new signings bedding in before everyone says we're shite again. We didn't become worldbeaters after the Villa game and we're not the wors team ever after this. It is a big balls up as these are the games we have to be winning but its only 4 games in.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Thats rght they do......ask Smith how many times he started in front of Guthrie last season after xmas.....no need to drop Nolan as he was scoring half the teams goals it would've been a bit of a bad move really B)

For fucks sakes this is Newcastle United man...this is what they do, the same as most other football clubs...anyone remember Man Utd 0 Burnley 1 from this time last season?...

He couldnt just bring 3 new players in today. After the events of last season and so far this season it would've been as disrespectful to the dropped players as a manager could've been. Its got fuck all to do with lacking guts,bottle or anything like that. Its called respect. And in the dressing room its vital he maintains it. If Smith, Williamson and Nolan had been benched today what would their and their teammates reaction have been?...would they have wanted to play for Hughton in the future if they felt that whatever they did they were always going to play second fiddle to the new lads?...look at what some of the Villa squad playes said about O'Neil after he left.....it certainly wasn't a happy ship, as we witnessed last month.

Very few managers would've changed the side that drastically today. Away to Everton I wouldnt expect too many either....Tiote for Smith?....away from home we're going to play Nolan in front of Ben Arfa because he's a lot more defensive by nature. Don't know about Campbell, but he hasn't signed him to sit on the bench I wouldnt have thought so Williamson might give way, which is hard on him as he's been one of our best players so far this season, but this weeks result does make these decisions a lot easier.

In the meantime stop fuckin whingeing. If anyone thought this season wasn't going to be full of ups and downs then they've not watched NUFC very much over the years.Wigan,Hull and Portsmouth have come out of the 2nd division and beaten us at home within a season or two, it does happen. Its mid Sepetember and we're mid table. Did anyone expect any different? :D

That's quite enough of your logical posting thank you very much.

how was barfa if he played? me was working :D

Didn't get long enough and didn't get enough of the ball to really show what he can do, but you felt something could happen straight away. You could see he'd have the ball under control instantly and he played the odd simple pass, did a little drag back at one point and had one run into the box where he pulled it back but nobody could beat the defender to it.