Cahill and Babayaro Charged

The Mighty Hog

from Sky:

Tim Cahill and Celestine Babayaro have been charged with violent conduct by The Football Association following an incident during Everton's 1-0 win over Newcastle United on Sunday.

The two players clashed inside the penalty area as Everton prepared to take a set-piece on the right flank.

Cahill seemed to swing an arm towards Babayaro before the Nigerian made contact in retaliation, leaving the Australian to complain that his nose had been hurt.

Referee Howard Webb spoke to the duo but did not show any cards so a commission will decide their fate at a hearing on Thursday, unless the players appeal.

A stormy game also saw Alan Shearer appear to elbow David Weir but The FA have already confirmed they will not be taking any action over that incident.

Didn't hear too much being made of it during the match like.

from Sky:

Tim Cahill and Celestine Babayaro have been charged with violent conduct by The Football Association following an incident during Everton's 1-0 win over Newcastle United on Sunday.

The two players clashed inside the penalty area as Everton prepared to take a set-piece on the right flank.

Cahill seemed to swing an arm towards Babayaro before the Nigerian made contact in retaliation, leaving the Australian to complain that his nose had been hurt.

Referee Howard Webb spoke to the duo but did not show any cards so a commission will decide their fate at a hearing on Thursday, unless the players appeal.

A stormy game also saw Alan Shearer appear to elbow David Weir but The FA have already confirmed they will not be taking any action over that incident.

62744[/snapback]

The bit in bold sounds so gay. ;)

Ah well, a couple of match ban at least I would have thought. Great. :angry:

from Sky:

62744[/snapback]

The bit in bold sounds so gay. :angry:

Ah well, a couple of match ban at least I would have thought. Great. ;)

62746[/snapback]

What else do you expect from an Australian? :angry:

Wasn't Nobby supposed to have elbowed Phil Neville as well? ;)

Cahill looked like he was going to bubble like. Big Aussie hom tbh.

62747[/snapback]

Hommies tbh!

62749[/snapback]

Whingeing homs ;)

62750[/snapback]

Homophobic tbh :angry:

His elbows were both up and I'm certainly not denying contact was made (though no where near where Weir was holding) but Shearer made no attempt to swing his arm at him. He just raised his arms and moved backwards.

Their was no intent to do anything other than protect himself and shield the ball (though I'm sure he didn't care if he caught him).

The Grimsby player swung at Shearer attempting to hurt him same as Tino did against Keith Curle (remember that? I nearly pissed myself laughing).

Cahill must get the same then.  He swung twice compare to the one that Baba threw.

We could really do with Carr back for the Arse game now then because I wouldn't fancy Elliott's pace against any of their wide men!

62868[/snapback]

Has until 6 pm to accept the charge /appeal.

If the shitbag pleads not guilty then I expect a 6 game ban.

Getting banned for handbags is ridiculous and I'll be watching for other similar incidents including any involving Man U and Arsenal players being treat the same.

Everyone that has posted above that line is a fucking homo. Even if you didn't say anything negative about Tim Cahill, you didn't say anything about the others.

Wankers. ;)

Everyone that has posted above that line is a fucking homo. Even if you didn't say anything negative about Tim Cahill, you didn't say anything about the others.

Wankers. ;)

62992[/snapback]

I'm proud to be a wanker !

Wankers. ;)

62992[/snapback]

Is your definition of patriotism to defend the indefensible?

Like too many Aussie sportsmen, Cahill is a nasty, whingeing, over-competitive, cheating shitbag (but a good player).

Aussie sportsmen, like too many sports people from all over the world, are a nasty, whingeing, over-competitive, cheating shitbag (but a good player).

63001[/snapback]

Corrected for FACT.

By the way Cahill is all of the above but as a general rule most competitive sports people are all looking for that "edge" and unfortunately professional sport has decided that is one way to get it.

It is just a fuck that the Australian ones stand out, maybe because wankers like Hewitt and Warne get more exposure than Henman, etc.

Warne is one of the best sportsmen in the world, his off-field activites aside, both how he plays the game and the spirit in which he plays it. I wish he was English.

I've always thought Hewitt was a model pro as well.

Now, Harry Kewell on the other hand...