NUST meltdown

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Latest email off them was entitled We're Having a Laugh. I already knew that, ta.

;)

Aye, from being unsure about renewing my stance has gone from that to absolute distaste in how they are running it. Didn't realise its now over a year since their last members meeting. That speaks volumes to me like. They can promote as many "good cause" things as they like but surely their most very basic requirement is to communicate and get feedback from the fans & membership.

Stinks imo. and the more I hear the more I think their operation became an old pals act for certain elected members with those not toeing the line being isolated.

The AGM in Jan will be interesting if people actually go and speak out.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the AGM is that technically they don't have to answer any questions which don't relate to the agenda. I think what happens next will be defined by the official response (if any) to Bills resignation.

This is a major blow to the organisation, the chair and his cronies will see it as a victory, one less dissenting voice on the committee however members should regard this as the one chance they have to sort themselves out.

The problem with the AGM is that technically they don't have to answer any questions which don't relate to the agenda. I think what happens next will be defined by the official response (if any) to Bills resignation.

This is a major blow to the organisation, the chair and his cronies will see it as a victory, one less dissenting voice on the committee however members should regard this as the one chance they have to sort themselves out.

Thats true they dont, but in a room full of people (members?) if they kept avoiding questions people asked you will get a room full of pissed off people.

NUST’s constitution is a farce and in hindsight the move to trust status was always likely to be a bad move. Organisations like the FSA are nodding dogs and are really only concerned with perpetuating their own existence. It’s no surprise NUST has followed their example. The most annoying thing is yet to come, for when NUST folds the people who have somehow managed to turn a great opportunity into waste of time will no doubt try to pin the blame on supporter apathy.

Right now the only reason I’d renew would be to voice my concerns at the AGM. However, at the last members meeting I attended there was some lad at the back of the room hurling abuse at anyone who was too critical of the way the supporters group was being run. I don’t know if he was the committees ‘enforcer’ but I do know they did nothing about what basically boiled down to the suppression of dissent.

Sod it. I’ve got better things to spend my money on. I hope the people who have fucked this up are proud of themselves.

Right now the only reason I’d renew would be to voice my concerns at the AGM. However, at the last members meeting I attended there was some lad at the back of the room hurling abuse at anyone who was too critical of the way the supporters group was being run. I don’t know if he was the committees ‘enforcer’ but I do know they did nothing about what basically boiled down to the suppression of dissent.

That meeting is basically the reason cited by the chair for why we should never hold another members meeting again.

You would assume that the abuse hurler was the main reason for his argument wouldnt you? well it wasnt, the abuser was, believe it or not, the PR expert (I shit ye not ;)) and the now chair got upset at the fact people even dared question the work that was going on.

And the people on the other end of the abuse? non other than Mick Martin of True Faith and a respected Solicitor both of whom were instrumental in the setting up of the NUSC.

I called this like :D WHat a monumental waste of time and money this has been

well arent you the clever one, there is nobody to blame ultimately for this than the current chair however if more fans such as yourself had actually got behind the idea of a Supporters Club at the time and helped shape it then maybe, just maybe it could have turned out differently. How anyone can crow about this and laugh at the fact it may have failed is beyond me.

Lets be sure here though, this should not be the end of a NUFC fans organisation, it may well be the end of the Trust and it definitely should be the end of some peoples involvement on the board but there are good foundations for a well ran Supporters Club which we desperately need.

That meeting is basically the reason cited by the chair for why we should never hold another members meeting again.

You would assume that the abuse hurler was the main reason for his argument wouldnt you? well it wasnt, the abuser was, believe it or not, the PR expert (I shit ye not ;)) and the now chair got upset at the fact people even dared question the work that was going on.

And the people on the other end of the abuse? non other than Mick Martin of True Faith and a respected Solicitor both of whom were instrumental in the setting up of the NUSC.

well arent you the clever one, there is nobody to blame ultimately for this than the current chair however if more fans such as yourself had actually got behind the idea of a Supporters Club at the time and helped shape it then maybe, just maybe it could have turned out differently. How anyone can crow about this and laugh at the fact it may have failed is beyond me.

Lets be sure here though, this should not be the end of a NUFC fans organisation, it may well be the end of the Trust and it definitely should be the end of some peoples involvement on the board but there are good foundations for a well ran Supporters Club which we desperately need.

I think I was at that meeting.

This Bill bloke came across well I have to say and the points he's raised in his resignation letter are a bit damning to say the least for the committee. I've already renewed to give them another years grace to see if they could turn this around as I believed in a NUFC supporters club. I won't be doing so again, that much is nailed on.

Ive put my thoughts in Bills thread on the official NUST forum, its time other members did too. They'll expect and brush aside any criticism from me after all they're monitoring everything thats said in this thread and have been for weeks, trouble is its not so they can get a handle on what the members think its in order to hunt out criticism.

so hi Tony ;)

Well said.....And they would get my tenner tomorrow if they did. Perhaps PP you should get the ball rolling.

Therein lay the problem, it was started up as a ridiculous attempt at buying the club from Ashley. There was no suggestion of how much he wanted, it seemed as if a figure that he may accept was just plucked out of thin air by the NUST and a whole campaign started on the back of it.

Then the requests for money started! Many wealthy local business men had pledged millions apparently, still to find out who they were or what they pledged like and the cynic in me would suggest this may have been embellished as a ploy to get others to start hoying money in. Whatever happened to all the cash that was paid in membership fees and any pledges btw?

As for the foundations of a good supporters club? Aren't they meant to have some sort of dialogue with the club? Some way of putting their point across?

I think that ship sailed the minute NUST was shouting on in the press about MA being a cunt and how we were going to buy his club off him :)

I don't expect you to agree and no doubt your a little embarrassed as you were the NUST champion on here at the time of its inception. But for every NUFC fan i've spoken to about NUST they all have similar feelings about it as me and are glad they weren't duped into handing over any money.

I'm a tenner down but so what tbh? Didn't renew though as it was clear they were taking the piss. I think it's sad how it's turned out though. They've probably knacked any chance of any decent independent supporters club having any credibility for the foreseeable as well. I think it's a bit out of order having a pop at people who got onboard for (imo) purely philanthropic reasons though just to say 'I told you so'.

Therein lay the problem, it was started up as a ridiculous attempt at buying the club from Ashley. There was no suggestion of how much he wanted, it seemed as if a figure that he may accept was just plucked out of thin air by the NUST and a whole campaign started on the back of it.

Then the requests for money started! Many wealthy local business men had pledged millions apparently, still to find out who they were or what they pledged like and the cynic in me would suggest this may have been embellished as a ploy to get others to start hoying money in. Whatever happened to all the cash that was paid in membership fees and any pledges btw?

As for the foundations of a good supporters club? Aren't they meant to have some sort of dialogue with the club? Some way of putting their point across?

I think that ship sailed the minute NUST was shouting on in the press about MA being a cunt and how we were going to buy his club off him :)

I don't expect you to agree and no doubt your a little embarrassed as you were the NUST champion on here at the time of its inception. But for every NUFC fan i've spoken to about NUST they all have similar feelings about it as me and are glad they weren't duped into handing over any money.

Dont think it initially started out to buy the club, it was more to try and harness the outrage over Keegan. Heads were obviously turned by grand ideas, but do remember that these people gave up their time for free and at least had a go.

Regardless of whats gone on to date, the fact remains that NUFC should have a great supporters club. Its that simple.

The weakness in the whole project is that Ashley doesn't and imo won't ever give two shits about a supporters club/trust/protest group and I think deep down we all know that there will never be any meanigful dialogue with him. The fact that is was tried as an avenue is always a good thing as a lot of this stuff is trial and error.

I'll renew just before the next vote on committee members. Don't want to give the clowns currently running the show any support. Hopefully they won't have run the whole thing into the ground by then.

And if any of the clowns are reading this, I was amongst the most vocal supporters of the NUST online for a long time, arguing in support against almost unanimous animosity on Newcastle Online and directing people to join on my hugely unpopular and rarely updated blog.

Total let down in the more recent past.

I'll renew just before the next vote on committee members. Don't want to give the clowns currently running the show any support. Hopefully they won't have run the whole thing into the ground by then.

And if any of the clowns are reading this, I was amongst the most vocal supporters of the NUST online for a long time, arguing in support against almost unanimous animosity on Newcastle Online and directing people to join on my hugely unpopular and rarely updated blog.

Total let down in the more recent past.

;)

I'll change what I said earlier and make it more of an appeal.

Nobody on the committee gives a shit about what they read here or on any other forum/ blog or internet page. As far as the chairman is concerned if its not printed in a popular fanzine then its not indicative of the views of NUFC fans.

I'll ask again that anyone who is still a member of NUST accesses the forum and posts their views on the resignation, I dont expect a reply from those responsible but at least them ignoring 20 posts looks worse than not replying to the 3 that are currently there.

Bill however reads Toontastic and many other forums in fact the question he refers to when he had to go via "Ask the Board" was actually about Toontastic so hopefully he will see the general view on this.

Nobody on the committee gives a shit about what they read here or on any other forum/ blog or internet page. As far as the chairman is concerned if its not printed in a popular fanzine then its not indicative of the views of NUFC fans.

I'll ask again that anyone who is still a member of NUST accesses the forum and posts their views on the resignation, I dont expect a reply from those responsible but at least them ignoring 20 posts looks worse than not replying to the 3 that are currently there.

Bill however reads Toontastic and many other forums in fact the question he refers to when he had to go via "Ask the Board" was actually about Toontastic so hopefully he will see the general view on this.

and there will be at least one more resignation forthcoming

They shouldnt be allowed to get away with this, we should form a protest group! We need a good name?

Im sorry to hear that, its a sad state of affairs but we now need to hope that 3 more walk which would then force an emergency members meeting.