Everton 0-1 NUFC

maggiespaws

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Your initial point was that Earl Barrett was the first black player in their history, I just said that he wasn't.

I was 6 months out.

You were nearly 30 years out ffs. :)

Nope. Look at his pic for fuck sake, does he look black to you. Jodie Marsh is blacker than him.

0,,10364~3688388,00.jpg

you're right there stevie, everton did struggle to silence the racism in the terraces for a lot longer than other clubs.

my dad is an everton fan, having grown up in the area, and i used to watch them a couple of times a year as a boy when visiting family in liverpool with my dad and granddad. i remember watching the mersyside derby at goodison years back and everton fans chanting "everton are white" and making monkey noises at john barnes. racism in the crowds at the time wasn't frowned upon to the extent that it is today but it was still pretty shocking for me - you didn't get it to that extent at the time at st james.

I remember when Liverpool played them about 87/88, live game on BBC. The Kop sang Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool, and then Johnny Barnes Johnny Barnes Johnny Barnes, to the same tune. Then quick as a flash from the Anfield Road End where the blue dippers were situated "Niggerpool Niggerpool Niggerpool" I'll always remember that. They've always been a wrongun horrible little club supported largely by uneducated racist scrotes.

Seem to remember them hoying a bagload of bananas at him too.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
What is your definition of black enough then Stevie? Only if they look like a pair of floating eyeballs in a dark room?

Teeth I said. Do you think he's black yes or no?

Guest Tuco Ramirez
you're right there stevie, everton did struggle to silence the racism in the terraces for a lot longer than other clubs.

my dad is an everton fan, having grown up in the area, and i used to watch them a couple of times a year as a boy when visiting family in liverpool with my dad and granddad. i remember watching the mersyside derby at goodison years back and everton fans chanting "everton are white" and making monkey noises at john barnes. racism in the crowds at the time wasn't frowned upon to the extent that it is today but it was still pretty shocking for me - you didn't get it to that extent at the time at st james.

I remember when Liverpool played them about 87/88, live game on BBC. The Kop sang Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool, and then Johnny Barnes Johnny Barnes Johnny Barnes, to the same tune. Then quick as a flash from the Anfield Road End where the blue dippers were situated "Niggerpool Niggerpool Niggerpool" I'll always remember that. They've always been a wrongun horrible little club supported largely by uneducated racist scrotes.

Aye he back heeled a banana in that game here's the pic. Most racist club in British footballing history from top to bottom.

barnes_1009818c.jpg

Aye he back heeled a banana in that game here's the pic. Most racist club in British footballing history from top to bottom.

barnes_1009818c.jpg

Sadly I look at that pic and all I can think of is a bulky Barnes in a black and white shirt, running with his arms moving faster than his legs, as though moving through treacle :)

Earl Barrett did come from Oldham 19 years ago. At the time, as Britain's most racist club, the fans were up in arms at signing a black player. It says everything about the club that Earl Barrett in 1991 (NINETEEN NINETY ONE), was the first black player in the history of Everton Football Club.

Simply not true.

What's not true? Halfcaste's don't count.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/jan/07/race.world

:lol:

And Cliff Marshall was no 'halfcaste'.

Also, well done on linking to an article where we come out as the fifth most racist club. :rolleyes:

He hardly counts, 7 games in the 70's. Their first proper signed black player was Earl Barrett, that's a fact and that's the nature of the club. Cliff Marshall I bet he was on the tip of your tongue..... :lol:

So the 'halfcaste' who scored two goals for them in an FA Cup final doesn't count either?

And I didn't claim to know any of this myself, I just knew that you were wrong. Whether they played 7 or 700 games, they had still signed black players before Earl Barrett.

And I'm also not saying that they didn't have a big problem with racism.

I thought Dixie Dean was half caste or mixed race or whatever the politically correct term is these days?

barnes_1009818c.jpg

Sadly I look at that pic and all I can think of is a bulky Barnes in a black and white shirt, running with his arms moving faster than his legs, as though moving through treacle :lol:

:lol: sad but true

And on a separate note, regards that photo: disgusting.

Maybe you and Leazes should support them

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Earl Barrett did come from Oldham 19 years ago. At the time, as Britain's most racist club, the fans were up in arms at signing a black player. It says everything about the club that Earl Barrett in 1991 (NINETEEN NINETY ONE), was the first black player in the history of Everton Football Club.

Simply not true.

What's not true? Halfcaste's don't count.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/jan/07/race.world

:lol:

And Cliff Marshall was no 'halfcaste'.

Also, well done on linking to an article where we come out as the fifth most racist club. :rolleyes:

He hardly counts, 7 games in the 70's. Their first proper signed black player was Earl Barrett, that's a fact and that's the nature of the club. Cliff Marshall I bet he was on the tip of your tongue..... :lol:

So the 'halfcaste' who scored two goals for them in an FA Cup final doesn't count either?

And I didn't claim to know any of this myself, I just knew that you were wrong. Whether they played 7 or 700 games, they had still signed black players before Earl Barrett.

And I'm also not saying that they didn't have a big problem with racism.

I thought Dixie Dean was half caste or mixed race or whatever the politically correct term is these days?

He was and that's why Albert Johannsen was the first black footballer in the 60s, because he was black. Dixie Dean wasn't a fully paid up black man.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

You'd be better off supporting them because I think I've spoken with 2 Everton fans in my life who aren't boring cunts.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I think the Everton racism is a bit of a myth. From what I recall Barnes was looking fatigued from a long run of games so the Kop end threw some bananas to him for energy. It's probably cheating but you can see where they were coming from.

That pic is at Goodison pmsl, did they bring them to the away games too?

You'd be better off supporting them because I think I've spoken with 2 Everton fans in my life who aren't boring cunts.

And I'm sure the ones that you thought were valued your opinion :lol: Don't rise to it man, I was havin' ya on!

Guest Tuco Ramirez

And I'm sure the ones that you thought were valued your opinion :lol: Don't rise to it man, I was havin' ya on!

The thing is if you were gonna give someone a score based on racism. Over 40 being a racist I'd be about 12. My only issue with people of other races is muslim fundamentalists, and illegal immigrants (although that's not their fault our system is so shit). If you did a racism analysis of every poster on here, I wouldn't be in the top 50%, me gaffa is Asian, me fav current player by a mile is a full blown muslim and one of me favourite all time toon players was black. J69 has a lot to answer for, I bet he buys his lass a black veil for christmas to show his welcoming multi-cultural ethic.

Yeah my mistake, they obviously did, long time back. Don't think any fans got punished for that one but obviously it's been cut out now because it gives players an unfair advantage.

What does?

Having food/energy sources on the pitch from fans. They still get isotonic drinks now during certain breaks in play but not bananas.

Yeah my mistake, they obviously did, long time back. Don't think any fans got punished for that one but obviously it's been cut out now because it gives players an unfair advantage.

What does?

Having food/energy sources on the pitch from fans. They still get isotonic drinks now during certain breaks in play but not bananas.

Ferdinand was given an energy bar from the dugout when he returned from his drugs ban, I don't think it's against the rules.

Wrong. Our first black player was Mike Trebilcock waaaaay before 1991.