Everton 0-1 NUFC

maggiespaws

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
If their ground wasn't wank surrounded by wank they might get a bigger crowd!

Cheap tickets too. It tells you everything about our demise as a club that they have overtaken us, and Villa for that matter. When you go to the two cities, look at the infrastructures of the clubs, fanbase, stadium, area, fuckin everything media focus, how the fuck could we let a club like that leave us in their shadow. It's almost criminal.

The Moyes blueprint is a good one, we tried to be like a lower scale Real Madrid purely in the terms of reckless spending in the last 15 years, living beyond our means certainly for five, getting players in who were there for the wrong reasons, and we didn't have a government to bail us out.

When you go to a ground like Goodison though, see what they're about, you just sit there thinking to yourself whaaaaaat? Like how can you compare the two clubs, I'm pleased you've seen Goodison Tom, it gets your eyes open to who we are and who they are, it's laughable.

They've overachieved, but I think the show is over for them, but they showed us how it's done in terms of developing the footballing side of the club. I'm in no way praising Ashley but it appears lessons are being learned here. The first aim for me was to get to the level where Villa and Everton are, we're not there, and won't be there for a few years, but we've battered both of them, so lets enjoy it. After we get there, the next target will be Tottenham, that might take 4 or 5 years, but as much as I hate them, when you take Man City's money away, as businesses and clubs, us and the yids long term are the only ones who could really push for top four, if we're at their level in 2015, I'll be thrilled to bits.

I'd hav the four you mentioned plus Baines as cover for Enrique, Pienaar as cover for Ben Arfa, Coleman because he's better than Perch, Saha is still good on the odd occasion that he's fit, Yakubu has the scoring touch. I'd also have that big midfield lad they have coming through whose name escapes me, plus that ugly prick Fellaini who is playing shit at the moment but was mint for a patch last season.

They're playing shit at the moment, but they're not actually shit IMO. I'd swap squads if I wasn't so attached to Jose Enrique, and didn't think that Ben Arfa and Tiote look quality.

Who would you want from Everton for our squad?

I'd have Cahill, Howard, Jagielka and Arteta. I think that would be it, they'd be the only ones who are better than what we have. Saha and Yakubu too possibly but they're on the decline. Everton as a club have peaked they're not big enough in modern football to breach the top four imo, I think they'll sink to their natural level in the coming years. Heitinga used to be a good player fuck knows what's happened to him. If Barton can keep his good behaviour up, I admit now he's a genuine asset, the move for the penalty was one of a good side, you don't pass like that if you're plodders. Just difficult not to get carried away at the minute isn't it? See Everton's gate on Saturday their biggest for 9 months, thought we weren't much of an attraction....

not leighton baines? :)

Just difficult not to get carried away at the minute isn't it?

I was impressed with Saturday but want to see us beating the poorer teams more "routinely" and giving the good teams a game before I go all CT and talk about Europe.

If their ground wasn't wank surrounded by wank they might get a bigger crowd!

Cheap tickets too. It tells you everything about our demise as a club that they have overtaken us, and Villa for that matter. When you go to the two cities, look at the infrastructures of the clubs, fanbase, stadium, area, fuckin everything media focus, how the fuck could we let a club like that leave us in their shadow. It's almost criminal.

The Moyes blueprint is a good one, we tried to be like a lower scale Real Madrid purely in the terms of reckless spending in the last 15 years, living beyond our means certainly for five, getting players in who were there for the wrong reasons, and we didn't have a government to bail us out.

When you go to a ground like Goodison though, see what they're about, you just sit there thinking to yourself whaaaaaat? Like how can you compare the two clubs, I'm pleased you've seen Goodison Tom, it gets your eyes open to who we are and who they are, it's laughable.

They've overachieved, but I think the show is over for them, but they showed us how it's done in terms of developing the footballing side of the club. I'm in no way praising Ashley but it appears lessons are being learned here. The first aim for me was to get to the level where Villa and Everton are, we're not there, and won't be there for a few years, but we've battered both of them, so lets enjoy it. After we get there, the next target will be Tottenham, that might take 4 or 5 years, but as much as I hate them, when you take Man City's money away, as businesses and clubs, us and the yids long term are the only ones who could really push for top four, if we're at their level in 2015, I'll be thrilled to bits.

The main difference is that they've had Moyes (who I rate very highly - but might be coming unstuck) and O'Neill (who I don't rate so highly but gets performances out of average players).

See how things go, but one of the above might finish below us this term. :)

Who would you want from Everton for our squad?

I'd have Cahill, Howard, Jagielka and Arteta. I think that would be it, they'd be the only ones who are better than what we have. Saha and Yakubu too possibly but they're on the decline. Everton as a club have peaked they're not big enough in modern football to breach the top four imo, I think they'll sink to their natural level in the coming years. Heitinga used to be a good player fuck knows what's happened to him. If Barton can keep his good behaviour up, I admit now he's a genuine asset, the move for the penalty was one of a good side, you don't pass like that if you're plodders. Just difficult not to get carried away at the minute isn't it? See Everton's gate on Saturday their biggest for 9 months, thought we weren't much of an attraction....

not leighton baines? :)

:omgwank:

i quite like goodison as a ground. obvioulsy has flaws with the restricted view but has a loty of character that new builds like the stadium of light, the brittania et al don't have. i quite like the way there's a church in one end of the ground

i quite like goodison as a ground. obvioulsy has flaws with the restricted view but has a loty of character that new builds like the stadium of light, the brittania et al don't have. i quite like the way there's a church in one end of the ground

Aye, slums tend to have a bit of character about them.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Aye look at South Shields.

Anybody watch Football First last night? How fucking biased were they? I'm happy to admit that I always see the world through black and white specs, but I watched Match of the Day and Lawro was praising us and saying it was a Stonewall penalty. I watched FF and their scouse commentator was initally saying it was a magnificent tackle by Coleman, and spent a good minute or so of the commentary lauding him. Then, when it was shown that there was zero contact with the ball he still said "ah well, there maybe have been contact there"

No, Not "may have been" you prick, it was a blatant foul inside the box. He was slating Williamson, saying he'd been fouling Fellaini all game and that Fellaini's raised arm was part and parcel and the yellow was harsh.

I'm all for having impassioned commentators, but at least have a guy who admits when his teams at fault.

Thought exactly the same myself.

Aye look at South Shields.

Aye, no character whatsoever.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

We must beat Stoke now, if I was Hughton all I'd do all week is work against set pieces and long balls. I'd even pick my two centre halfs with that in mine, regardless how well both played, I'd consider Campbell.

We must beat Stoke now, if I was Hughton all I'd do all week is work against set pieces and long balls. I'd even pick my two centre halfs with that in mine, regardless how well both played, I'd consider Campbell.

Is Campbell ready for that kind of physical battering though? I know he'd prefer that than trying to keep up with an Agbonlahor or whomever, but still, bit of a baptism of fire for his first game, isn't it?

fwiw I'd fancy Enrique to pocket Pennant (if he plays), but I'd worry about Etherington on their left. As an aside, will Perch's ban be in effect?

Is Campbell ready for that kind of physical battering though? I know he'd prefer that than trying to keep up with an Agbonlahor or whomever, but still, bit of a baptism of fire for his first game, isn't it?

fwiw I'd fancy Enrique to pocket Pennant (if he plays), but I'd worry about Etherington on their left. As an aside, will Perch's ban be in effect?

Was thinking that watching their game against West Ham. He'll give Perch/Taylor a hard game for sure. Jones is destined to be a pain in the arse as well.

Gutierrez was shocking when he came on. I thought he would be using his pace and desire to punish them as an impact sub chasing every ball but he looked like he didn't give a fuck.

Was thinking that watching their game against West Ham. He'll give Perch/Taylor a hard game for sure. Jones is destined to be a pain in the arse as well.

Hoping he picks up a knock against Fulham if I'm honest. I think he's a real danger.

Hoping he picks up a knock against Fulham if I'm honest. I think he's a real danger.

It depends as he's one of those players who is unplayable one match then disappears for 2 or 3, of course this being Newcastle we'll get his unplayable match, so i'd be happy for him to be out injured.