Things that shout "I'm middle class"

donaldstott

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My nipper has just started nursery and there is a kid there called…

…Aragorn.

I shit you not.

Poor bastard has 2 younger siblings , (Gimli and Smeagol I'll guess??)

Giving your kids daft names - middle class.

Used to work with a lass who's nephew is called Anakin.

Used to work with a lass who's nephew is called Anakin.

You are mistaking middle class with benefits cheat who watches box sets all day.

Nevertheless Anakin is a very cool name.

Better than fucking Aragorn, though.

Sounds like a fair amount of people on here have transcended middle class to me.

Tony Blair was on the right tracks but got it wrong....if he'd said "everyone's middle income nowadays" he'd have been more accurate if you ask me.

You can have done the university thing, got a graduate traineeship, made a meteroric rise through the ranks of a ftse top 100 comapany, married Jemima, the Roedean educated daughter of the finance director, got the townhouse,got,got the villa in Tuscany,got the Porsche Cayenne and dozens of immigrant staff to look after the two of you and your 2.4 children and your fuckin golden retreiver....but if you were brought up in Wallsend where your old man worked as a light plater in Swan Hunters and your mam as a dinner lady theres still fuck all middle class about you ;)

Sounds like a fair amount of people on here have transcended middle class to me.

Tony Blair was on the right tracks but got it wrong....if he'd said "everyone's middle income nowadays" he'd have been more accurate if you ask me.

You can have done the university thing, got a graduate traineeship, made a meteroric rise through the ranks of a ftse top 100 comapany, married Jemima, the Roedean educated daughter of the finance director, got the townhouse,got,got the villa in Tuscany,got the Porsche Cayenne and dozens of immigrant staff to look after the two of you and your 2.4 children and your fuckin golden retreiver....but if you were brought up in Wallsend where your old man worked as a light plater in Swan Hunters and your mam as a dinner lady theres still fuck all middle class about you ;)

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

You can have done the university thing, got a graduate traineeship, made a meteroric rise through the ranks of a ftse top 100 comapany, married Jemima, the Roedean educated daughter of the finance director, got the townhouse,got,got the villa in Tuscany,got the Porsche Cayenne and dozens of immigrant staff to look after the two of you and your 2.4 children and your fuckin golden retreiver....but if you were brought up in Wallsend where your old man worked as a light plater in Swan Hunters and your mam as a dinner lady theres still fuck all middle class about you :unsure:

:huh:;)

but the great strength of the British Class system is that your KIDS will middle class - or even aristocracy if you pay enough - in most countries you are stuck for generations

You can have done the university thing, got a graduate traineeship, made a meteroric rise through the ranks of a ftse top 100 comapany, married Jemima, the Roedean educated daughter of the finance director, got the townhouse,got,got the villa in Tuscany,got the Porsche Cayenne and dozens of immigrant staff to look after the two of you and your 2.4 children and your fuckin golden retreiver....but if you were brought up in Wallsend where your old man worked as a light plater in Swan Hunters and your mam as a dinner lady theres still fuck all middle class about you :unsure:

I disagree tbh

But there are very few people working class these days. To put it in perspective, when I was a baby my dad used to have to ride his bike from CLS to Bishop Auckland to get to work as he couldn't afford the bus. Seriously. He used to steal coal off the slag heap to keep the house warm when interest rates went up to 15%, and used to hide from the gas man behind the sofa.

These days the 'working classes' have the full sky package, broadband, flat screen, 3 takeaways a week, 2 cars on the drive.

I disagree tbh

But there are very few people working class these days. To put it in perspective, when I was a baby my dad used to have to ride his bike from CLS to Bishop Auckland to get to work as he couldn't afford the bus. Seriously. He used to steal coal off the slag heap to keep the house warm when interest rates went up to 15%, and used to hide from the gas man behind the sofa.

These days the 'working classes' have the full sky package, broadband, flat screen, 3 takeaways a week, 2 cars on the drive.

I disagree tbh

Your Dad worked?

Pfft, middle class :huh:

You can have done the university thing, got a graduate traineeship, made a meteroric rise through the ranks of a ftse top 100 comapany, married Jemima, the Roedean educated daughter of the finance director, got the townhouse,got,got the villa in Tuscany,got the Porsche Cayenne and dozens of immigrant staff to look after the two of you and your 2.4 children and your fuckin golden retreiver....but if you were brought up in Wallsend where your old man worked as a light plater in Swan Hunters and your mam as a dinner lady theres still fuck all middle class about you :huh:

I disagree tbh

Times are easier nowadays, no doubt about that. And a lot of traditional "working class" industries have gone forever. But the word "class" is a bit of a red herring for me. I'm capable of and do earn a salary that would definetly put me in the "middle class" bracket....but I get my hands dirty every day for it (sparkie), my old man was a chippy and my mam was a home help for old folk. I'm also part gypsy and part Irish and my grandfather and all his 5 brothers were mole catchers ;)

Now if I was from a long line of doctors, accountants, lawyers or high acheivers in general you could say I was middle class. But as you can see thats not really the case. I'm middle income though, same as a lot of people I'd imagine. Maybe not the ones with cleaners or au pairs...they're just lazy fuckers who've forgotten where they're from :unsure: