Fat Sam, suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid

Sonatine

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bit embarrassing when he says this sort thing. If he isn't saying it tongue-in-cheek, then he must be as deluded as Alan Partridge, or suffering a form of dementia and he thinks that as he has managed Hierro, Salgado and Campo he is actually managing Real Madrid. He's been a good manager for Bolton and us, but come on Real Madrid???

Mind you, Inter Milan chased Rafa to replace Mourinho.

ALLARDYCE: I`M WENGER`S EQUAL

Posted 19/09/10 10:48

Sam Allardyce insists that Arsene Wenger is no more 'advanced' in terms of coaching than him.

Allardyce feels that the perception of him is the only thing separating him from somebody like Wenger.

The Blackburn boss refuses to back down in his spat with Wenger, has been a big critic of Alladryce's style of play.

"There is a problem with perception. Arsene is seen as a sophisticated Frenchman while I'm just a rugged English centre-half from the Midlands with an accent to match, but is Arsene more advanced than me in terms of coaching? Not a chance," said Allardyce.

"Does he use live fitness data on his players during games? Does he study sports psychology every day? Does he use sports science to the extent that I do? I doubt it.

"None of all this affects my view of Wenger. I have total respect for the way he changed his philosophy in recent years when the £400million move to the Emirates Stadium reduced his spending power in the transfer market.

"He hasn't won trophies yet with his current crop but he has stuck to his guns by insisting that nothing will prevent the development of his young players. Arsenal play some wonderful football but what makes the Premier League interesting is the difference in styles between teams."

Allarydce admits that Wenger is a private figure who will never be truly understood.

"The truth is that nobody really knows Arsene Wenger. There certainly aren't too many people who actually get close to him," he continued in his News of the World column.

"If that's Arsene's way, though, then I respect that. Maybe he doesn't like me. Maybe he is keen to get on the coach or the plane after fulfilling 45 minutes of post-match media duties.

"He loves the psychological warfare of the Premier League, the world's most watched and talked about sporting competition. It goes with the theatre of the game and without it football would be less interesting.

"Arsene is a very clever guy. He uses his profile in London to get messages out which are aimed at putting pressure on referees.

"Look at the criticism he made of Stoke's so-called "rugby tactics" when they played Spurs earlier in the season.

"He accused Robert Huth of pushing Heurelho Gomes into the goal. The referee that day was Chris Foy. And who took charge of Arsenal's game at Blackburn the following week? That's right, Chris Foy.

"Arsene put pressure on the officials and I don't have a major problem with that.

"We can get fined by the FA for directing remarks at referees before games - but he did it in a very clever and subtle way.

"However, if Arsene is allowed his opinion, then I am entitled to mine. I speak to about six press people on a Friday afternoon and he probably speaks to about 60.

"What goes on between managers doesn't bother me, in fact, I find it very entertaining.

"But if I have an opinion nobody will stop me expressing it.

"How we go about our business as bosses is different from each other."

Allardyce also admitted that he would miss former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez following his summer departure from Anfield.

"I am gutted that Rafa Benitez has gone. He hated me and I used to love winding him up," he said.

"For years he came to Bolton and never got a result and used to accuse us of cheating."

:)

Rovers fans thoughts...

"What a fucking moron. Even on 1st April that wouldn't have been funny."

"Poor deluded fool needs a reality check or his head examining"

"I have given him the benefit of the doubt wit a lot of his actions and interviews but this is shocking, I hope we get taken over as soon as possible and he gets sacked. This is shocking. And since when are newcastle a bigger club than us?"

Did he get booed yesterday?

They played the clip of this on the radio yesterday.....he starts out as if he's being toungue in cheek and the press folk he's talking to are laughing along...then they seem to realise he might actually be serious when he's banging on about winning the double every season and they soon shut up sharpish :)

I don't think he was being entirely serious....well I fuckin hope he wasn't...

Rovers fans thoughts...

"I have given him the benefit of the doubt wit a lot of his actions and interviews but this is shocking, I hope we get taken over as soon as possible and he gets sacked. This is shocking. And since when are newcastle a bigger club than us?"

He was going so well till this load of bollocks!

I said this the other day, its not just that he is laughably deluded and full of shit, but he was completely disrespectful to Bolton, Blackburn and all the fans there who've paid his wages when he dismisses them as being beneath them and nit good enough for the worlds greatest manager!

Blackburn fans should tell him to fuck off every match if they have any self respect after the way he's dismissed their club while on the payroll.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Rovers fans thoughts...

More deluded than the Pig Head tbh.

Reporters should be ripping the piss out of him for this shit in his post match interviews.

"Held at home by Fulham, and up to 14th in the table......any word from Real yet, Sam? All quiet on the San Siro front too eh?"

I remember when my Bolton side played Mourinho's Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 2004 and got a 2-2 draw from two goals down.

He moaned afterwards that all we did was send high balls into his penalty area, yet when he came to the Reebok later in the season his side defended deep and then slung the ball up to Didier Drogba - they won 2-0 and clinched the League title that day. I psyched him out to the point where he had to copy our style to get a result against us.

Reporters should be ripping the piss out of him for this shit in his post match interviews.

"Held at home by Fulham, and up to 14th in the table......any word from Real yet, Sam? All quiet on the San Siro front too eh?"

:):omgwank:

Wifey on 606, Blackburn season ticket holder laying into Allardyce and saying she can't make a case for what Allardyce calls football. Jack walker must be spinning in his grave etc etc. Embarrassed to be a Rovers fan, went to see Accrington Stanley last week and enjoyed watching the football on the deck etc.

I hope that fat fucking prick is tuned in.

Wifey on 606, Blackburn season ticket holder laying into Allardyce and saying she can't make a case for what Allardyce calls football. Jack walker must be spinning in his grave etc etc. Embarrassed to be a Rovers fan, went to see Accrington Stanley last week and enjoyed watching the football on the deck etc.

I hope that fat fucking prick is tuned in.

was out with one of my mates last night, blackburn fan, who said exactly the same thingm even down to the stanley argument since he'd been on friday night

hes finally admitted that I was exactly right in what I said about allardyce when he went there

The more i listen to his waffle about live-fed ProZone data [and other psuedo-techno speak] and how it impacts/influences his everyday & matchday team management, the more it cements my belief that Shepherd was correct in stonewalling SBR's request to have it used here.

Edited by Year Zero

The more i listen to his waffle about live-fed ProZone data [and other psuedo-techno speak] and how it impacts/influences his everyday & matchday team management, the more it cements my belief that Shepherd was correct in stonewalling SBR's request to have it used here.

Um but Shepherd employed fat Sam, his backroom staff and the technology in the end anyway.

At least SBR would have used it for positive tactics.