Computer advice

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Firstly I'll start by saying I haven't got a clue about computers. I know how to play FM, read webpages, doonload Frankie, and that's about it.

My computer is fucked. I've got free AVG and picks up 40 odd things every time I do a scan, and AdAware. I don't think I've got a firewall, if that doesn't tell you how dense I am when it comes to PC's nothing will. The point is me PC is fucked , takes 30 seconds to open a webpage, and when am working from home the connection between my pc and me work server kicks me out every 5 mins, it's doing me head in. Please someone tell me how I can get rid of this virus if thats what it is.

Once infected it can be a right fuck on to get rid. If you have nothing you are bothered about I'd just re-install. If you have stuff you want to keep, then Id get a external drive and copy it over. Then re-install, and do a full virus scan on external drive. When all sorted there are plenty off good free things to keep you protected.

If your pc software illiterate, save yourself the wasted hours and frustration and just take it to your local independant pc shop. Every community has two or three. Charged me £40 a few years ago to make like new after I'd spent days and nights downloading various virus cleaning programs and doing reinstalls etc.

Drop it off, drink, pick it up, Jobs a goodun.

**** Remember to remove any naughty pics of your lass beforehand or expect to see them on the net *****

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Haha

Jaw D fuck reinstalling, I want a solution where I pay fuck all, and me pc's back to normal I done a system restore to a month ago and its the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Give combofix a try link.

If it doesn't run, try renaming it. If it still doesn't run repost as you'll need to disable startup programs.

this looks like a program worth downloading and saving [for another day]

This lot are helpful and free:

http://www.spywarehammer.com/

Sign up, and they'll assign someone to walk you through sorting your viruses out and getting your computer back to normal.

this looks good too. I used a site a few years ago called castlecops which helped me get rid of a virus, it was very good but its now been closed down.

dont use combofix unless instructed by a trained proffessional, it's a very very powerful device that could destroy your computer in a second!

:wub:

I guess you've never used it, as Combofix would never damage your PC and can easily be run by a novice as there are no options, just run and reboot.