Sign in to follow this  
NJS

Last.fm

After returning two shit alarm clock/radios from Argos, I ordered a fuck off model on Friday which it turns out is out of stock so they're going to send me the next one up for the same price.

It has the WI-FI internet/ media player client I wanted but also has a feature to access Last.fm I used to use Pandora before it was barred and discovered some good stuff throught it but hadn't really bothered looking for a replacement which this looks like it may be.

Has anyone tried it?

I use it a bit, but still havent really got my head around it properly.

I started to use it then swiftly gave up like a child...

Of all the criticisms I might level at last.fm - dubious recommendations, ill-advised "corrections" to song/artist names - I've never noticed it have any kind of tangible impact on CPU speed. Granted, I'm running a very five years ago kind of setup, but still.

I used to use it...but ignored it and didn't see the point in slowing my PC with having it running constantly.

it'll use less than 10mbs of ram and next to nothing cpu wise, if you consider firefox with a couple of tabs open and the bog standard plugins will use 60mbs-2x as much in the grand scheme of things you really shouldnt notice it as meenzer said.