1998 - Zinedine Zidane

1997 - Ronaldo

1996 - Ronaldo

1995 - George Weah

1994 - Romario

1993 - Roberto Baggio

1992 - Marco van Basten

1991 - Lothar Matthaus

Should be another one for Ronny in my opinion.

Ronaldinho is the most skillful player in the World ATM

But its sad that what Lampard brings to a team often goes unnoticed.

Of course they will give it to Ronnie, dont they just love the entertainers!

But its sad that what Lampard brings to a team often goes unnoticed.

Of course they will give it to Ronnie, dont they just love the entertainers!

62986[/snapback]

Eh? Lampard is runner up in these awards this years. So his contribution hardly goes unnoticed.

Ronaldinho is a footballing artist. And he isn't only entertaining but also contributing a lot to the success of his teams.

Lampard for me. Ronaldinho hasn't done a great deal this year (although he is still an amazing player)

63051[/snapback]

I do rate Lampard very much, but what has he done more than Ronaldinho? Both were instrumental in winning the respective championships with their clubs. Both players were involved in a pretty even tie in the CL. Both were important for their national teams, Ronaldinho won the Confederations Cup (which was surprisingly good this year).

Lampard for me. Ronaldinho hasn't done a great deal this year (although he is still an amazing player)

63051[/snapback]

I do rate Lampard very much, but what has he done more than Ronaldinho? Both were instrumental in winning the respective championships with their clubs. Both players were involved in a pretty even tie in the CL. Both were important for their national teams, Ronaldinho won the Confederations Cup (which was surprisingly good this year).

63059[/snapback]

I'm not sure that Ronaldinho is as important to Barca as Lampard is to Chelsea. You say he was instrumental; I just don't think he was.

63051[/snapback]

63059[/snapback]

I'm not sure that Ronaldinho is as important to Barca as Lampard is to Chelsea. You say he was instrumental; I just don't think he was.

63067[/snapback]

Well, I admit that I only saw about 5-6 Barca games from La Liga this season, but still think he is the fix point of the team without whom they were only half the side they have been over the last 12 months.

Ronaldinho should (and will) win in my opinion. He wasn't at his best for Barca last season, granted, yet he still played his part in more goals than pretty much any other player on the planet; take him out the team, and eto'o wouldn't have scored half the goals he did. On top of that of course, he's absolutely glorious to watch - a true entertainer.

At the end of the day, this award is for the best FOOTBALLER over the course of the calendar year; and I think that, on both a domestic and international level, Ronaldinho has been by far the best.

Edited by Andy