Newcastle United 1-2 Stoke City

Wavey Davey

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning chaps.

How d'you see this one going, then?

Depends which team turns up. Keep the ball on the ground and let them chase the ball, be clinical in front of goal and I really think we'll do these today, if we turn up a bit sluggish, think we're just going to win no matter what, give daft free kicks and throw ins in our own half and it could be a very long day indeed for us. Lets hope the lads are up for it and feeling sharp.

We should be tearing into teams like Stoke

---Harper---

--Perch---Williamson---Coloccini---Enrique---

---Routledge---Barton---Tiote---Gutierrez---

----------Ben Arfa---

---Carroll------------

Edited by sandman02uk

---Harper---

---Ben Arfa----------

------------Carroll---

These home games against Stoke, Blackpool etc are good indicators of how our season will end up going, we had 'one of those days' against Blackpool but ultimately dropped three vital points to a team we need to be beating at home. Give Stoke a chance with careless freekicks and throw-ins and you're just asking for trouble, keep that to a minimum and we should beat them, we need a good attitude today from not only the players but also our support, (to be fair, we kept with the lads against B'pool).

'It's only Stoke' is the biggest threat to us getting three points today.

---Harper---

---Ben Arfa----------

------------Carroll---

These home games against Stoke, Blackpool etc are good indicators of how our season will end up going, we had 'one of those days' against Blackpool but ultimately dropped three vital points to a team we need to be beating at home. Give Stoke a chance with careless freekicks and throw-ins and you're just asking for trouble, keep that to a minimum and we should beat them, we need a good attitude today from not only the players but also our support, (to be fair, we kept with the lads against B'pool).

Totally agree with you, but on the flip side we don't want to be going in there shitting ourselves that its stoke, the players should be told to really have a go at them, tiote to sit in front of the back 2 and encourage perch and enrique to get forward and help Routy and Jonas, Jonas to lay off to Ben arfa when possible, keep the ball on the deck and move it around, none of this over the top, direct football bollocks

---Harper---

---Ben Arfa----------

------------Carroll---

Totally agree with you, but on the flip side we don't want to be going in there shitting ourselves that its stoke, the players should be told to really have a go at them, tiote to sit in front of the back 2 and encourage perch and enrique to get forward and help Routy and Jonas, Jonas to lay off to Ben arfa when possible, keep the ball on the deck and move it around, none of this over the top, direct football bollocks

Definitely not, you're right I just sometimes worry after a couple of superb away wins the feet might get taken off the pedal. To be fair, I'm sure Hughton will be drumming the name 'Blackpool' into them to avoid this, also I hope the players have seen Stokes two goals in midweek which were just typical Stoke goals.

Pundits have this down as a draw pretty much across the board. I'm optimistic based on the last two results, but the Blackpool result keeps rearing it's head in my mind and suddenly I'm not so sure.

Hope the players aren't feeling the same way or we're done for.

Pundits have this down as a draw pretty much across the board. I'm optimistic based on the last two results, but the Blackpool result keeps rearing it's head in my mind and suddenly I'm not so sure.

Hope the players aren't feeling the same way or we're done for.

2 great results since, 2 new faces in the side, I doubt it will be in their minds

Saying that, I thought we played ok at blackpool? wasn't it just one of those days where no matter what you do, you're not going to score

I think the Blackpool result will ensure we're ready and fired up for the winnable home matches for a good while if they've learned the lesson, and even though we were a bit poor against Blackpool on another day we'd have won easy enough as we still had ample chances to score.

So i'm going for a win by a couple of goals, with Ben Arfa being the star again.

---Harper---

----------Ben Arfa---

---Carroll------------

Canny recovery from Harper.

---Harper---

----------Ben Arfa---

---Carroll------------

Pah its only Stoke, they'll not bother him :lol:

To be perfectly honest, we've been beating the clubs I wasn't expecting us to (Villa, Everton, Chelsea). So I think Stoke today could go either way. They're very organised and although they look a bit one dimensional at times, Pulis is very tactically astute. It'll be a tough match even if it's at home. Hopefully today will provide evidence to support the belief that Blackpool was just a one-off, just one of those days.

Ben Arfa could be the key again. Massive boost of creativity, makes us less reliant on Carroll.

Big test for Tiote, and I expect another set of decent performances from Barton and Nolan (assuming Ben Arfa plays left wing ahead of Gutierrez) who should really be up for this especially at home.

---Harper---

----------Ben Arfa---

---Carroll------------

Was thinking that. He won't drop Nolan either.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I think Pulis is a boring cunt. Boring man. Boring team. Boring tactics. Their fans are utter utter fucktards, I hope we beat them 5-0 with and Barton snaps someones leg in two, for him to say how disgusting the challenge was the hypocritical cunt. He didn't even have the decency to say it was a bad challenge on poor Ramsay. Cunts

If we keep hold of Kenwyn Jones and try to give as few throw ins away as possible we'll be fine. I really want Campbell to start today, for those reasons.

They only lost 2-0 to Chelsea so they're no push overs but I'll still go for 4-1. 42,306 (497 away fans). Shit club.

Morning chaps.

How d'you see this one going, then?

3-0

Bafra

Carroll

Ricky Ricardo Enricky

:lol:

Really?

Yeah cuts in from the left, shuts his eyes and puts his right foot through - top corner. Takes his top off to reveal his muscles and Smith runs onto the pitch and licks Ricky's nipps. Got a £10 on it.